• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friends of NRA dinner and OC and NVFAC

Vegassteve

So I emailed the guy in charge of this Mike Davis a few days ago asking if the place would be OC friendly. I have not heard back. Yet a friend of mine TODAY emailed and asked about buying tickets for a group and he received his answer in about 2 hours. The NVFAC has been pushing going to these dinners thats how I found out about it. I also posted the same OC question in the NVFAC forum about the diinner. No answer there either. I hope my thoughts are wrong but it seems that the NRA is ignoring my question. If I can get my friend to send me the response I will post it. He said it dealt with mostly hunting and sport no mention of rights or self defense awareness.

Contact info for the NRA rep if anyone wishes.

Mike Davis
Field Representative, So CA & So NV
National Rifle Association
13681 Newport Ave #8-618
Tustin, CA 92780
714.368.0451 voice
714.368.7609 fax
mdavis@nrahq.org
www.friendsofnra.org

28kfps

So I emailed the guy in charge of this Mike Davis a few days ago asking if the place would be OC friendly. I have not heard back. Yet a friend of mine TODAY emailed and asked about buying tickets for a group and he received his answer in about 2 hours. The NVFAC has been pushing going to these dinners thats how I found out about it. I also posted the same OC question in the NVFAC forum about the diinner. No answer there either. I hope my thoughts are wrong but it seems that the NRA is ignoring my question. If I can get my friend to send me the response I will post it. He said it dealt with mostly hunting and sport no mention of rights or self defense awareness.

Contact info for the NRA rep if anyone wishes.

Mike Davis
Field Representative, So CA & So NV
National Rifle Association
13681 Newport Ave #8-618
Tustin, CA 92780
714.368.0451 voice
714.368.7609 fax
mdavis@nrahq.org
www.friendsofnra.org

I have sent Mr Davis a few e-mails myself. In one e-mail I said by the lack of communication from the NRA many of the open carry NRA members feel as if we have become a bastard child to the NRA, do you (Mr. Davis) have any input on that. I also asked if for sure he was our area rep. I wanted a firm yes; he never answered the rep question. As far as his input to the bastard child question, he said I needed to go to the NRA ILA web page and take it up with them. I have not done that yet. Really wanted info from him not NRA ILA.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It's not mentioned in this thread, but the event is being held at the Santa Fe Station Hotel. I'm doing some research on their policies.

Friends of NRA is operated (purposely) separately from the NRA. It is likely they won't think of some of the contract provisions that the NRA insisted on when we had the grassroots organization meeting at Stoney's instead of the Silverton.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

It's not mentioned in this thread, but the event is being held at the Santa Fe Station Hotel. I'm doing some research on their policies.

Friends of NRA is operated (purposely) separately from the NRA. It is likely they won't think of some of the contract provisions that the NRA insisted on when we had the grassroots organization meeting at Stoney's instead of the Silverton.

I am going on a limb here and say santa fe is not going to want OC. My question is this. Why is a NRA field rep the contact point and also a ticket seller? They sure seem to be the same.

Being separate or not should not be a issue to at least respond to the question. He was awful quick to respond when a question about money.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I am going on a limb here and say santa fe is not going to want OC. My question is this. Why is a NRA field rep the contact point and also a ticket seller? They sure seem to be the same.

Being separate or not should not be a issue to at least respond to the question. He was awful quick to respond when a question about money.

I'm thinking the same about the Sante Fe. In fact, I might ASSume the Santa Fe would not allow CCW if they knew about it; I'm still waiting for an answer from a contact there. Many times, these events are oddly not planned with places that actually respect us! If OC is not allowed, I will not attend.

When I was involved in Friends of NRA many years ago, everything was handled by a local volunteer. The NRA rep was only a liaison between that head volunteer and the NRA. I don't know how things are now, or if they are lacking in the local leadership.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

When I was involved in Friends of NRA many years ago, everything was handled by a local volunteer. The NRA rep was only a liaison between that head volunteer and the NRA. I don't know how things are now, or if they are lacking in the local leadership.

Doesnt seem that way now. At least from this fellows contact info.

The Big Guy

It would seem to me that the best thing the NVFAC could do at this point is pick a problem, no matter how small, on the behalf of NV gun owners, and solve it. Put a check in the WIN column. As we all know from discussions on this forum there is a long list of items we would like to see visited by our state organization. Getting the ball rolling and showing some progress would go a long way toward increasing the membership and giving us clout to go after the bigger concerns.

It was my understanding that the first thing that was going to happen was working with NLV on their illegal local ordinance. I think there was some initial contact with future meetings pending, but nothing else has been said. Using modern vernacular "whaz up wid dat?"

TBG

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
It would seem to me that the best thing the NVFAC could do at this point is pick a problem, no matter how small, on the behalf of NV gun owners, and solve it. Put a check in the WIN column.

According to the NRA, they are "the STATE ASSOCIATION for the shooting sports." I dunno about you, but to me that says they're a gun club. There's nothing wrong with being a gun club, unless they claim to be things that they are NOT.

What we need is a "state association" for the CIVIL RIGHTS of gun owners.

wrightme

According to the NRA, they are "the STATE ASSOCIATION for the shooting sports." I dunno about you, but to me that says they're a gun club. There's nothing wrong with being a gun club, unless they claim to be things that they are NOT.

What we need is a "state association" for the CIVIL RIGHTS of gun owners.

Then get on with it already.

DVC

Then get on with it already.

If I had the time, I would do so.

Since a lot of people seem to have time for a "state association for the shooting sports," maybe some of THEM would have the time -- if they weren't suckered into believing that the NVFAC was in fact such a group.

But thank you for at last acknowledging that it isn't. Took you long enough to admit it.

wrightme

If I had the time, I would do so.

Since a lot of people seem to have time for a "state association for the shooting sports," maybe some of THEM would have the time -- if they weren't suckered into believing that the NVFAC was in fact such a group.

But thank you for at last acknowledging that it isn't. Took you long enough to admit it.

I never gave such acknowledgement.

If you aren't willing to waste your time doing what you think needs done, you have no right to complain about what othere are or aren't doing. Carping from the sidelines isn't helpful.

DVC

I never gave such acknowledgement.

Whatever.

If you aren't willing to waste your time doing what you think needs done, you have no right to complain about what othere are or aren't doing. Carping from the sidelines isn't helpful.

It's not a matter of "wasting" time. I simply don't have it right now. Haven't you noticed how little time I get to spend online these days? I do not have the time to start an organization to do what NVFAC supporters said that group would be doing.

However, I DO have the right to complain about what others are not doing, when those others claim to BE doing something. It's not "carping" when I point out that the Emperor has no clothes.

Once again, I point out that if NVFAC actually DID do something of value, I would be happy to join in the praise. Instead of complaining that I'm not cheering, why don't you do something deserving of cheers? This isn't the Special Olympics, you don't get a medal just for showing up.

wrightme

Whatever.

It's not a matter of "wasting" time. I simply don't have it right now. Haven't you noticed how little time I get to spend online these days? I do not have the time to start an organization to do what NVFAC supporters said that group would be doing.

However, I DO have the right to complain about what others are not doing, when those others claim to BE doing something. It's not "carping" when I point out that the Emperor has no clothes.

Once again, I point out that if NVFAC actually DID do something of value, I would be happy to join in the praise. Instead of complaining that I'm not cheering, why don't you do something deserving of cheers? This isn't the Special Olympics, you don't get a medal just for showing up.

If you don't have that much time to spend online, then you ARE 'wasting' that time when you complain instead of help.

Why don't you do something deserving of cheers?

I haven't been complaining that you aren't cheering, I am pointing out that instead of doing something deserving of cheers, you are jeering at others who are actually working towards goals.

When your ONLY efforts are to badmouth other groups on your side, you are part of the problem. Either become part of a solution, or simply get out of the way.

Last edited:

DVC

Why don't you do something deserving of cheers?

I got concealed carry for Arizonans.

Most people (at least in Arizona) consider that deserving of a cheer or two.

So . . .

. . .just what has NVFAC done over the last few months, with its NRA affiliation, all of its members, the money, and the political and media contacts enjoyed by various of its leadership . . ?

I mean, OTHER than asking for more money, and arranging for dinner . . ?

wrightme

I got concealed carry for Arizonans.

We are talking about Nevada.

When the only thing you are doing is badmouthing those on your side, you are part of the problem. Resting on your laurels doesn't work for the future. All it does, is show that you are incapable of doing anything except pat yourself on the back.

DVC

We are talking about Nevada.

To be more precise, we are talking about "the STATE ASSOCIATION for the shooting sports," and the fact that all they've done so far is ask for money and schedule a dinner.

Neither of which seems to be on the list of their "Purpose and Objectives" (http://www.nvfac.org/purpose-and-objectives.html) . . .

But I DO love their claim that "For too long NV shooters have not been a presence in Carson City, or in our local cities and counties and have relied on the NRA-ILA." I noticed no lack of "presence in Carson City," when a bunch of people drove through a blizzard to attend that meeting, and can't think of anything that I've heard of NRA-ILA doing in Nevada.

Meanwhile, Gura has won yet another case, while the NRA called in sick.

wrightme

To be more precise, we are talking about "the STATE ASSOCIATION for the shooting sports," and the fact that all they've done so far is ask for money and schedule a dinner.
No, that is what you have chosen to whine about, as opposed to doing something constructive.

wrightme

But I DO love their claim that "For too long NV shooters have not been a presence in Carson City, or in our local cities and counties and have relied on the NRA-ILA." I noticed no lack of "presence in Carson City," when a bunch of people drove through a blizzard to attend that meeting, and can't think of anything that I've heard of NRA-ILA doing in Nevada.

Meanwhile, Gura has won yet another case, while the NRA called in sick.

So, what blizzard do you refer to?

And, if you haven't heard of NRA-ILA doing anything in Nevada, you haven't been listening, and nothing anyone else says will alter your twisted view of things.

DVC

When the only thing you are doing is badmouthing those on your side, you are part of the problem.

When the only thing "those on my side" are doing is saying that they are on my side, the problem is far deeper than whether or not I comment on their lack of action.

Resting on your laurels doesn't work for the future. All it does, is show that you are incapable of doing anything except pat yourself on the back.

Thanks for the chuckle. You claim that I am "resting on my laurels," while condemning me for not paying homage to a club which has no laurels to rest on, refuses to offer any plan for the future other than deciding what's for dinner, yet is patting itself on the back so hard you can hear vertebrae rattle.

BTW, the reason I have little time to play online is because I'm NOT resting on my laurels, and am busy working on the future. Unfortunately, it's in a field of endeavor not directly related to either civil rights or dinner.