• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friends of NRA dinner and OC and NVFAC

wrightme

When the only thing "those on my side" are doing is saying that they are on my side, the problem is far deeper than whether or not I comment on their lack of action.
No, the only thing you can say with validity is that your perception is that it is such.
The true problem is that you desire to badmouth other organizations, as opposed to becoming part of the solution.

Either you are 'with,' or 'against.' Right now, you are showing you are fully against, as the ONLY time you spend is in badmouthing other groups, instead of working towards solutions. Waste your precious time on solutions instead of on empty complaints.

DVC said:
Thanks for the chuckle. You claim that I am "resting on my laurels," while condemning me for not paying homage to a club which has no laurels to rest on, refuses to offer any plan for the future other than deciding what's for dinner, yet is patting itself on the back so hard you can hear vertebrae rattle.
Once again you misrepresent my statements.
I do not condemn you for not paying homage. I condemn you for only whining.

DVC said:
BTW, the reason I have little time to play online is because I'm NOT resting on my laurels, and am busy working on the future. Unfortunately, it's in a field of endeavor not directly related to either civil rights or dinner.

Then you don't have a dog in this fight any more. In this realm, you are 'resting on your laurels,' and badmouthing others. That is a waste of your time.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
So, what blizzard do you refer to?

You don't remember the storm that hit when the Legislature was having the hearing on CCW? Pro-civil-rights voters filled the room, except for the one guy who argued against it and the Sheriff's Association guy.

And, if you haven't heard of NRA-ILA doing anything in Nevada, you haven't been listening, and nothing anyone else says will alter your twisted view of things.

Then I guess I haven't been listening. Since you apparently have, it should thus be easy for you to list their three biggest activities of the last two years or so. Show me where I'm wrong. Especially show me where there has been "no presence in Carson City" or where shooters in Nevada have "relied on the NRA-ILA." Until I read those two claims on the front page of the NVFAC website, I had seen no sign that either was true, so please tell me which Legslature hearings were unattended by shooters, and who you have heard say that they rely on NRA-ILA to get anything done.

DVC

The true problem is that you desire to badmouth other organizations, as opposed to becoming part of the solution.

I only badmouth organizations which claim a role that they choose not to fill.

Flat out: In YOUR mind, is NVFAC a civil-rights group or a shooting-sports group? If you believe it to be a civil-rights group, what can you offer as proof that you are correct? If you believe it to be a shooting-sports group, then how do you account for their claims to be otherwise?

Consider your answer carefully, in light of the original question which started this thread -- and ask yourself why there is any ROOM to ask whether the NRA dinner is OC-friendly. There should be no more question about this than about whether you can bring an airplane to an Experimental Aircraft Association fly-in.

Vegassteve

Can you guys take this ******* match private or to the NVFAC thread? This thread is about putting some pressure on the NVFAC and the NRA and find out if they are hearing us about this one issue at this one time. Use your email and phones and try to get some answers from them.

wrightme

I only badmouth organizations which claim a role that they choose not to fill.

Like I said, you are resting on your laurels, instead of working towards solutions.

Your obvious biases make rational discussion impossible.

"Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way."

Right now, you aren't leading or following, but you ARE getting in the way.

Your inability to find information does not mean nothing is happening.

Last edited:

DVC

Can you guys take this ******* match private or to the NVFAC thread? This thread is about putting some pressure on the NVFAC and the NRA and find out if they are hearing us about this one issue at this one time. Use your email and phones and try to get some answers from them.

Sorry, Steve.

It's just so tempting to poke a stick into the NRA cultists' cages. ;)

wrightme

Sorry, Steve.

It's just so tempting to poke a stick into the NRA cultists' cages. ;)

LOL, you haven't been doing that. :rolleyes:

What you have been doing, is exposing your anti-NRA bias to people who are NOT 'NRA cultists.'

In your blind desire to decry all things NRA, you have missed the obvious failure of logic which you are presenting. Someone who disagrees with your blind hatred of the NRA isn't automagically "NRA Cultist."

Last edited:

Vegassteve

Well update time. I have emailed a couple of more times and had no response. My friend who wants to buy some tickets though has been answered within a hour. So I can only conclude fron this that there is no support for us at this dinner.

mbogo470

wrightme,

What is NVFAC doing to ensure the open carry will be permitted at the venue for the FNRA dinner?

What is NVFAC doing to ensure the gun rights of Nevadans are not only protected, but expanded?

What is NVFAC doing to ensure that 'Constitutional Carry' becomes a reality for Nevadans?

What is NVFAC doing to abolish the handgun registration scheme in Clark County?

mbogo470
P.S. I'm an NRA Life Member.

Last edited:

wrightme

wrightme,

What is NVFAC doing to ensure the open carry will be permitted at the venue for the FNRA dinner?

What is NVFAC doing to ensure the gun rights of Nevadans are not only protected, but expanded?

What is NVFAC doing to ensure that 'Constitutional Carry' becomes a reality for Nevadans?

mbogo
I do not speak for them.

Now, what do you expect the NVFAC to do about the FNRA dinner?

As for the rest, it is my understanding that those ARE goals the NVFAC is/will work towards, and it is also my understanding that given the current statutes, the next legislative session is when those goals will be fought for.

mbogo470

You may not be their spokesman, but your responses to DVC led me to believe you were wired into NVFAC.

The abolition of the handgun registration scheme can be handled at the County Commission level; no need to wait for the State legislative session. Likewise, the prohibition against discharging of air guns (at a minimum) within Clark County could be handled locally.

If NVFAC is the NRA-affiliated state association for Nevada, and they purport to represent Nevada gunonwers, they should lobby Santa Fe Station to permit OC (at least for this private function).

mbogo470

Last edited:

wrightme

You may not be their spokesman, but your responses to DVC led me to believe you were wired into NVFAC.
Then you also misinterpreted my position.

mbogo470 said:
The abolition of the handgun registration scheme can be handled at the County Commission level; no need to wait for the State legislative session. Likewise, the prohibition against discharging of air guns (at a minimum) within Clark County could be handled locally.
Given the length of tiime Clark County has resisted changing it, I doubt that it can be handled at the County Commission level. If it could, why hasn't it happened already?

mbogo470 said:
If NVFAC is the NRA-affiliated state association for Nevada, and they purport to represent Nevada gunonwers, they should lobby Santa Fe Station to permit OC (at least for this private function).

mbogo470

That does not respond to the question. The correct answer is found in 'who runs the FoNRA?'

Vegassteve

wrightme,

mbogo

I am a NVFAC member. Posted the question on the forums there as well. No answer from anyone there either.

Vegassteve

Well look a this. I got a response.

Hello Mr. W,

I have been traveling the last couple weeks and am just now catching up on e-mails. I had referred your question to the local committee which produces this event. They have advised me that this facility is open carry friendly. You may want to contact the hotel yourself to confirm.

Mike Davis
Field Representative, So CA & So NV
National Rifle Association
13681 Newport Ave #8-618
Tustin, CA 92780
714.368.0451 voice
714.368.7609 fax
mdavis@nrahq.org
www.friendsofnra.org

mbogo470

wrightme,

Answering questions with questions is lawyerly and unhelpful. If NVFAC will not engage, what good are they? Are they going to be an organ of the NRA or are they going to represent Nevada's gunowners?

There are several posts by NVFAC members on NS lamenting a lack of communication and results; there are several Board members on NS, and only one responded to any of these comments. Unfortunately, he was not in a position to enlighten the members. Perhaps there is a 'gag' order in effect. The most recent scheduled meeting was postponed, and no information disseminated.

I will not join NVFAC unless they become more transparent with their members and are more forthcoming with their mission statement and objectives.

mbogo470

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...They have advised me that this facility is open carry friendly. You may want to contact the hotel yourself to confirm....

You'd think they could answer this without telling each of their prospective [paying] guests to confirm for themselves. But it sounds promising. But, depending on the kind of person organizing the event, I could also see it as a non-committal response by someone just wanting to sell tickets and thinking it's not a big deal if a couple guests get jumped by security and told to put their guns in their car.

Last edited:

wrightme

wrightme,

Answering questions with questions is lawyerly and unhelpful. If NVFAC will not engage, what good are they? Are they going to be an organ of the NRA or are they going to represent Nevada's gunowners?
No, answering questions with questions is an attempt to get you to ask the correct questions of the correct persons.

mbogo470 said:
There are several posts by NVFAC members on NS lamenting a lack of communication and results; there are several Board members on NS, and only one responded to any of these comments. Unfortunately, he was not in a position to enlighten the members. Perhaps there is a 'gag' order in effect. The most recent scheduled meeting was postponed, and no information disseminated.

I will not join NVFAC unless they become more transparent with their members and are more forthcoming with their mission statement and objectives.

mbogo470

The new meeting has been scheduled, you must have missed that. It is their choice what information to disseminate. I am perfectly okay with them placing a 'gag order' on information prior to the legislative session, as I do not hold them to some arbitrary timeline of my own creation.

As for 'organ' or not, that has been adequately clarified. They are a Nevada Organization. If you want input into what they do, become a member. Other than advocacy for Nevada firearms owners, most such organizations answer to their membership, not to random non-members. Be a member, gain a say in the outcome.

wrightme

You'd think they could answer this without telling each of their prospective [paying] guests to confirm for themselves. But it sounds promising. But, depending on the kind of person organizing the event, I could also see it as a non-committal response by someone just wanting to sell tickets and thinking it's not a big deal if a couple guests get jumped by security and told to put their guns in their car.

The point that keeps getting missed is that it isn't NVFAC putting on the event. It is the Friends of the NRA putting on the event. THEY are the ones best positioned to respond.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The point that keeps getting missed is that it isn't NVFAC putting on the event. It is the Friends of the NRA putting on the event. THEY are the ones best positioned to respond.

I was responding to the posted letter from this guy:

Mike Davis
Field Representative, So CA & So NV
National Rifle Association

He passed on the information as someone in authority to do so, but then added that we should confirm it. I didn't mention NVFAC, and recognize that Friends of NRA is a separate organization. But it appears that an NRA Field Representative is part of the loop. Indeed, the Friends of NRA website is part of his signature.

Last edited: