• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Training in Asheville

spiderjohn

Does anyone know of someone in the Asheville area that does one on one training? I've decided I need some help with technique, etc. Looking for more than a basic NRA class. I think I've done what I can on my own. Really need some fine tuning. My latest range trip I think shows it is time to seek professional help. :lol: I am doing okay with the 9mm but the .45 is giving me issues and I know it is the shooter and not the gun. Main thing is I want to improve. Tried google but am mainly finding chp classes

spiderjohn

Rex's Guns and Ammo in Hendersonville offers training classes. I know the guy doing it. He was a Armorer in the military, super nice guy. I know he has been teaching alot of classes and they are expecting to pick it up alot.

http://hendersonvillegunrange.com/index.html

Also OnTarget in Asheville does classes also

http://www.ontargetnc.com/SETRAORG/home.aspx

I really like shooting at Rex's. Super nice folks. I will get with them and see if they can give me a name and number. Thanks!

Brevard13

The guy at Rex's his name if Jeff. I have known him for a couple of years and my mind has drawn a blank on his last name. Anyway, he is the one that teaches the class.

BGreenberg

close to Asheville

I train civilians and Law Enforcement at Bear Arms in Brevard (30 minutes from the airport). We have a state of the art indoor range for handgun, rifle and shotgun as well as a F.A.T.S. machine, Force on Force classes and more. Private and group classes are available. I also have an outdoor range at my home for students only. If I can be of assistance you can message me.