• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pam Galloway Security

ManInBlack

I don't feel the need to go on. However, nice job outing yourself on a forum monitored by the Feds, local news, and our local DAs offices.

Outed myself as a defender of personal liberties generally, and free speech in particular, when no persons or property are damaged and no actual threats of violence are issued (except in the small minds of bedwetters like yourself)?

PROUDLY!

P.S.: If you're still afraid of those bad, evil, MEAN words, I think my baby cousin outgrew her security blanket. I can send that to you, if you'd like?

Last edited:

anmut

I worked "event security" for a company & I don't have any sort of license.
And yes, the back of our shirts says "Security".
I frequently expressed a desire to take the class to be licensed, esp. the class to be allowed to carry at work (since most of the events I worked were in downtown Milwaukee & had me walking alone back to my car after midnight; nothing like prohibiting your employees from self-protection, then doing nothing to protect them).

And I think Grape has it right -
if she agrees to this, it would just be some supporters who like her & appreciate her help returning the favor in the best way they can. If they happen to hang around the office or whatever it's not like she's paying them, right?
And she has a carry license, so might not need as much protecting as you think.

I was hoping someone else would jump on that - I worked gate security at Menards 15 years ago and I wasn't certified by the state. They gave me a button down shirt that said Security, a radio and a clip board. But no license.

HolyOrangeJuice

I think something is missing here. My company hires their own security just like any other employee. We are unarmed glorified fire watch. We don't have permits or anything. I am pretty sure that the law (IANAL) only applies to security firms or places that can be contracted for security. It would make sense because then places such as menards, walmart, my company, ect could hire their own security team just like any employee and be okay. While security firms must have employees with the permits and everything to go with it.

ManInBlack

I would think if Pam thought security was needed she could have something done.

BINGO!

If she had truly received actual threats of violence, she could easily report it to the police, like any other crime victim.

I guess she wears big-boy pants and doesn't let others' words get to her.