Thread: Female OC advocate needs our help to fight bogus charges!

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Exclamation Female OC advocate needs our help to fight bogus charges!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ed-with-941-23
    http://www.wisn.com/r/29843825/detail.html
    Short summary: Krysta Sutterfield was legally OCing while parked in her car. She was using a wi-fi connection of a business that was closed for the evening, which the owner had given her permission to do so. A LEO noticed her and approached her, once her OC was noticed she was placed under arrest, her car impounded, and she was jailed until she could be bailed out. All for doing nothing in violation of the law?

Krysta has been a advocate for OC in WI (see link) this recent charge reeks of "payback" in my honest opinion.
    http://www.wisn.com/r/26361282/detail.html

Please give what you can - be it $1 or $1,000 as every penny helps. We need to help each other because..well I think this quote sums it up pretty well “A single twig breaks, but the bundle of twigs is strong.” wolfdyke · Tecumseh Shawnee Chief quotes (American-Indian Warrior, 1768-1813)
    PayPal Link below
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=BBQMJQKDB5QWN

Or send it c/o her attorney.

Mastantuono Law Office
    c/o Krysta Sutterfield defense fund
    817 N Marshall St.
    Milwaukee, WI

http://www.mastantuono-law.com
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 03-09-2012 at 04:34 AM. Reason: paypal link /mailing info
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Smile $50 donated by my household MKEgal

Go get'em girl!
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Who from the church called the cops on her in the first place?

Also, I am unclear on the law. Was she CCing at any time according to WI law?
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    that's a shame. MKEGal is a great voice on this forum.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Banned
    were just talking about getting the girls together as a way to get support and publicity for OC. If we play our cards right, we can really help this girl out, and maybe get some kind of national womens OC drive going to generate funds through female OC activities.

Banned
    CC when she wasn't, sounds familliar. How did the cop know she had a gun to CC?

I've been watching this case since its inception and am surprised it still hasn't been dropped. The situation is, and I could be wrong, that MKEgal was sitting with an exposed pistol in her car. Wisconsin used to have a law, much like Michigan's, that a person with a firearm in a car was considered to have "concealed" it. However, with Wisconsin's change to "shall issue", the law apparently would allow OC in a car without a permit. Now, here it gets tricky, but as I understand it, only one section of the law was changed to allow OC in a car; there is another section in the law and/or case law which seems, at least to the police/prosecutor, to still prohibit OC in a car. The prosecutor is pursuing the charge, even though what she did was apparently legal. To further complicate it, I understand that she either had applied for a license to conceal or planned to and now this case has put the issuance of the license in jeopardy.

The sad thing is that she is a powerful advocate for the 2A in Wisconsin and is very knowledgeable on the law there. The "law" has created this situation and, as we all know, in order to fight this she will need all the help she can get. It just shows, once again, that the unlimited funds that prosecutors have are an almost insurmountable obstacle to getting justice. I hope that WHEN she wins that she can hit them hard financially so that the prosecutor would think twice before expending time, energy, and money pursuing someone for something that is reasonable behavior. Who wouldn't have a firearm to protect themselves, especially a female sitting by themselves in a dark parking lot?
    Last edited by DrTodd; 03-10-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned

Angry

What's with this trend towards LEO and prosecutors who insist on prosecuting people who they KNOW are NOT criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post

The sad thing is that she is a powerful advocate for the 2A in Wisconsin and is very knowledgeable on the law there.
    They say that OC makes you a target. No, just a target for LEO and Legal.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 03-09-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Donation sent!
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

This is messed up. This lady sure doesn't appear to be a thug I think OP is right looks like she's getting the special treatment from her PD I'll chip in a few bucks to help her

Arrow +1

Donation sent.

Thumbs up

Done! Carry on girl!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

When she was first arrested, IIRC, she was charged with Trespassing and Prowling. No mention of carrying a concealed weapon. Once the store owner confirmed she had permission to be there after hours (to use the Wi-Fi),the trespass and prowling charges were dropped and the concealed weapon charge suddenly materialized.

Herr Heckler Koch
    I am not a lawyer.

The way it works in Wisconsin, and other jurisdictions I believe, the police observe, investigate, apprehend and recommend charges to the state. The charges are made or dropped as a result of the prosecuting attorney's investigation and are not bound to have anything to do with what the flat foot thought was the law. Hence, "you may beat the rap, but you will not beat his ride."

Funds on the way. I hope she breaks off a malicious prosecution suit in their a$$ess and a civil rights suit to boot. What chowder heads.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFinn View Post
    When she was first arrested, IIRC, she was charged with Trespassing and Prowling. No mention of carrying a concealed weapon. Once the store owner confirmed she had permission to be there after hours (to use the Wi-Fi),the trespass and prowling charges were dropped and the concealed weapon charge suddenly materialized.

Yep trying to make anything stick...just to save face. Grasping at straws in lame attempts.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Exclamation Challenge issued to OCDO!

I will match all donations made via PayPal up to $250 in the next week ending Sat. March 31 @ 11:59 PM.

This means we could raise a quick $500 to help one of our own who needs us! Come on folks, I know things are tight, but we can do this!

P.S. - I know some may think "why should I care?"
    Because one day this could be you fighting for your freedoms & rights. I'd like to think we'd be there for you too.

Kind regards,

G9OS
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 03-18-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: PS

Cool update

As of 11:59PM the generous folks here on OCDO nearly maxed out the challenge. We raised a total of $488! Great job to all who gave! +1 Guys & Gals.

Please spread the word about this case to eveyone you can. If MPD gets away with this it will become the playbook for corrupt PD's around the country. They will simply try to bankrupt legal OCers via friviolous prosecutions We cannot let this tactic stand!

PS I just looked at the date - no this is no gag you guys/gals rocked the donations! Again you make me proud to be a fellow patroit.
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 04-01-2012 at 03:50 AM. Reason: ps

FYI - PWC_Glock has posted a $1000 match challenge in the thread about this case in the hot topics section of the forum. It expires at midnight tonight. Now is the time to donate folks & double your money for this good cause.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! 

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    FYI - PWC_Glock has posted a $1000 match challenge in the thread about this case in the hot topics section of the forum. It expires at midnight tonight. Now is the time to donate folks & double your money for this good cause.

Great! I've donated to her a couple times already, I'll give some more.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

FYI - PWC_Glock has posted a $1000 match challenge in the thread about this case in the hot topics section of the forum. It expires at midnight tonight. Now is the time to donate folks & double your money for this good cause. :thumbup:

PS she goes before a jury trial on these trumped up charges this Wednesday the 23rd of May 2012. If convicted, you can bet every crooked PD out there will be adding what was done against this OCer to their dirty play book. It then is only a matter of time before this could happen to anyone of us. Please help. Every dollar counts folks.

Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 05-21-2012 at 12:07 PM.