• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Female OC advocate needs our help to fight bogus charges!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Permit was not required. The WI ACT 35 that created the WI permit system, also allows OC in a vehicle without a permit. Some police stated they would continue to enforce a previous case law that OC in a vehicle was considered concealed even though ACT 35 being newer law has rendered the old case law moot.

Upon review, that sounds about right, which in turn opens that police dept and its parent municipality to a hefty lawsuit for wrongful arrest, imprisonment, and prosecution.

When legislators create a new law, cops don't get to arbitrarily decide to enforce an old one. If they new law is unconstitutional they can choose not to enforce the new one, but that's the extent of it.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Hi Folks, I was wondering if there are any new developements re: this case? Thanks. New User from NC...
Yes, 0n 30 April the defense was granted an adjournment until July 23 due to illness.

PWC_Glock

Lets do this again

When VA/skidmark was going thru his legal issues 2 comments hit me...

You know what's so interesting about this? We all argue, spit, and fight a little about this or that on these forums because, well, we have our ways and feel strongly about certain things. But with something like this, all of that behavior takes a rest and sits in the back of the room as it suddenly seems rather trivial. This is indeed a tight and supportive community of people." - Southernboy 02/08/2011 08:08AM

We got contributions from all over the U.S. and several foreign countries.
I think that collectively, the effect was, "You ain't gonna mess with us." - user 09/21/2011 09:57am

Lets do this again for MKEgal.

I will match any donation between now 5/4 and 5/21 for a total of $1000 dollars.

I already sent MKEgal $500 (she should receive in 3 days) as a first down payment. To quote User we need to stand up and say

You ain't gonna mess with us.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Another donation sent via paypal just now.

Remember, An Injustice ANYWHERE is an INJUSTICE EVERYWHERE! I know someone smarter than me said it first but I don't remember who it was right now.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Quoting PWC_glock -" Lets do this again for MKEgal.

I will match any donation between now 5/4 and 5/21 for a total of $1000 dollars.

I already sent MKEgal $500 (she should receive in 3 days) "

Wow! This is awesome of you.

I'm in & will make another donation in the A.M. :D

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MKEgal

This thread should come with a kleenex warning...
And there are a couple of you who should have angel smileys.
The universe is trying its darnedest to show me that life won't always be crappy.
Thank you for being its agents.

As of 23:30 Fri. night, we're over 20% of the way to matching the $500.
Just in a few hours.
I'm either getting back some of the nice things I've done for other people, or accumulating quite the load of karma to pay forward. Maybe some of both.

MKEgal

If I could ask a small favor...
I'd like to be able to match screen names here with the names on donations.
[strike]I think there's a message box on the PP form, so you could put it there.[/strike]
OK, how about PMing me the email associated w/ the PP account?
I won't make anything public, it's just for my own interest.

(Same if you mail something to my lawyer's office - sometimes I get the notes that are included, sometimes I don't, but if I can write down the name on the check or envelope I'll know who to PM & say thanks. I know there was one person who thought I was overlooking his gift, but I didn't have the info to contact him. I feel badly about that.)

Last edited:

PWC_Glock

MKEgal

Actually my matching donation is for $1000 dollars. I pre-paid the first $500 today (you should see it in 3 days or so) and will match the 2nd $500 either on the 21st or when it is hit.

IMO Karma is mainly paying you back, hopefully it is also buying future posts from you that my nieces will be able to read.

rushcreek2

I have not been following this situation - perhaps because of my belief that the charge would have been either dropped, or dismissed by now.

If their is one issue that I have no tolerance for it is the application of laws to infringe upon the RTKBA of the "Lassie's" in our society. Given the well-documented statistical record in the U.S. of violence perpetrated against women, any COP worthy of wearing a badge would have granted a "hall-pass" to MKEgal- even if he actually wasn't ignorant of the law. That way he wouldn't be fixin' to get his pants sued off. (What the heck - Officer ???? - Don't you have a mother, sister wife, daughter, or niece ??? You must really hate women, Dude.) Support to follow.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

PWC-Glock wrote

Lets do this again
When VA/skidmark was going thru his legal issues 2 comments hit me...

You know what's so interesting about this? We all argue, spit, and fight a little about this or that on these forums because, well, we have our ways and feel strongly about certain things. But with something like this, all of that behavior takes a rest and sits in the back of the room as it suddenly seems rather trivial. This is indeed a tight and supportive community of people." - Southernboy 02/08/2011 08:08AM

We got contributions from all over the U.S. and several foreign countries.
I think that collectively, the effect was, "You ain't gonna mess with us." - user 09/21/2011 09:57am

Lets do this again for MKEgal.

I already sent MKEgal $500 (she should receive in 3 days) as a first down payment. To quote User we need to stand up and say

I can't get PayPal to work for me I think I am just inept at is since I don't buy things online except books through my reader, and I don't have a Bank card, is there a mailing address I can send something too? I'll send a $100 for the cause and wish I could send a lot more, I love see individuals take on the fight without relying on large gun organizations (not bashing gun organizations) it gives me hope for this country.

Awesome quote by SouthernBoy by the way!

Last edited:

MKEgal

HolyOrangeJuice said:
Every bit helps. That can mostly cover parking at the courthouse when I have a hearing.
I appreciate knowing that so many people are pulling for me.
And believe me, I understand scraping to pay bills.

sudden valley gunner said:
is there a mailing address I can send something to?
There's a link to my lawyer's contact info in the second line of my sig (#51 above - make the check to the firm), or if you want I'll PM you my address (check made to the firm or to me).

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Every bit helps. That can mostly cover parking at the courthouse when I have a hearing.
I appreciate knowing that so many people are pulling for me.
And believe me, I understand scraping to pay bills.

There's a link to my lawyer's contact info in the second line of my sig (#51 above - make the check to the firm), or if you want I'll PM you my address (check made to the firm or to me).

If you dont mind PMing me, I'll send it to you to use at your discretion, sometimes fighting a fight means ya might need help in other areas than just legal fees.