• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA Disabled Passes

ManInBlack

This is not On Topic at all. If you posted the full menu of your favorite eatery, and then mentioned at the end, "Oh, I always OC there" would that be on topic? Of course not.

...aaaaaand thread-nazi at post #19.

"No post too off-topic to hit 'reply.'"

Dave_pro2a

...aaaaaand thread-nazi at post #19.

"No post too off-topic to hit 'reply.'"

You'd think adults could ignore the things that bother them, or that they disagree with.

Instead of just complaining, or tattling.

Oh well, guess I have unrealistic expectations ;)

deanf

It's not so much the off topic post, but the cute way in which the original poster tried to make an off topic post into an on topic post, by adding "I OC at all state parks."

It's like a pretextual stop.

Unethical - worse than even a stand-alone off topic post, because the original poster clearly knows it's off topic, yet posts anyway, then tries to exonerate himself via a technicality.

Dave_pro2a

It's not so much the off topic post, but the cute way in which the original poster tried to make an off topic post into an on topic post, by adding "I OC at all state parks."

Unethical - worse than even a stand-alone off topic post, because the original poster clearly knows it's off topic, yet posts anyway, then tries to exonerate himself via a technicality.

In other WA news:

Judge stabbed and Deputy shot with her own gun, inside a court house.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2017710502_graysharbor10m.html

The deputy was OCing. :p

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member

Sorry deanf, I will try to refrain from tossing in some "tounge in cheek" levity, and no longer offer to provide assistance or valuable information to our WA forum members. I understand when people get "jumped on" for spouting "law" without facts, but we need to lighten up. BTW IANAL Any way I heard a rumor about the Seattle park issue getting thrown out. Rant complete. This topic has gone just like William Shatner in the Priceline bus. It really required no responses, it was just supposed to be helpful info.
Sorry,
GD14S out.
P.S to those that understand; Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 1370575_firemanoutfit.jpg
    1370575_firemanoutfit.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Sorry deanf, I will try to refrain from tossing in some "tounge in cheek" levity, and no longer offer to provide assistance or valuable information to our WA forum members. I understand when people get "jumped on" for spouting "law" without facts, but we need to lighten up. BTW IANAL Any way I heard a rumor about the Seattle park issue getting thrown out. Rant complete. This topic has gone just like William Shatner in the Priceline bus. It really required no responses, it was just supposed to be helpful info.
Sorry,
GD14S out.
P.S to those that understand; Thank you in advance.

Hey, no worries man. It's the internet, there's never really cause to get your nose bent out of joint (Dean). :D

Difdi

I've always been amused by the fact that anyone who qualifies for a disabled (reduced fare) bus pass in Washington also qualifies for a disabled fishing license and vice-versa, but NOT for a disabled hunting license.

About the least disabled person who might qualify for that hunting permit is confined to a wheel chair, needs some else to aim and hold the gun for them, but only the permit-holder may pull the trigger despite the fact that the permit-holder cannot possibly see what their attendant holding the gun is aiming at, yet the permit-holder is held responsible if the attendant is aiming at an unlawful target. Madness.

Stretch

I've always been amused by the fact that anyone who qualifies for a disabled (reduced fare) bus pass in Washington also qualifies for a disabled fishing license and vice-versa, but NOT for a disabled hunting license.

About the least disabled person who might qualify for that hunting permit is confined to a wheel chair, needs some else to aim and hold the gun for them, but only the permit-holder may pull the trigger despite the fact that the permit-holder cannot possibly see what their attendant holding the gun is aiming at, yet the permit-holder is held responsible if the attendant is aiming at an unlawful target. Madness.

Hunter companions are allowed to shoot an animal for a disabled hunter.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=232-12-828

amzbrady

They should get rid of the rear view mirror placards. If the disabled person is riding with someone else, then the someone else can drop them off and pick them up at the front door.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I am not surprised a bit by some of you who throw their venom out when a program do not directly give them what they want, what ever that is, you should wear your badges of shame proudly.

I fully support those who need those disabled spaces so they can get in and our of shopping or conducting business that otherwise would be impossible or so physically demanding and restricting them to some sense of normality in completing daily task.
And I despise those who abuse the system and would support better enforcement as I do see those who would never qualify but have another's card and using it illegally.

sudden valley gunner

I am not surprised a bit by some of you who throw their venom out when a program do not directly give them what they want, what ever that is, you should wear your badges of shame proudly.

I fully support those who need those disabled spaces so they can get in and our of shopping or conducting business that otherwise would be impossible or so physically demanding and restricting them to some sense of normality in completing daily task.
And I despise those who abuse the system and would support better enforcement as I do see those who would never qualify but have another's card and using it illegally.

Fallacy Dave ...what venom besides that just spewed in your post? I am not ashamed of my liberty viewpoints, I'll wear that badge proudly.

If you need a disabled spot you are not "normal" get over it deal with it. I think midgets should sue the NBA because it's just not fair all those tall people get to make that money.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can support all you want on your private property, your privately owned company, with donations with your own money.

It is theft to force people to do it. Of course many people live like parasites off the theft of other peoples property even in their chosen "careers". Right?

You know what I do when I see someone that needs help? ....Wait for it.....I help them...I have pulled wheelchairs up stairs, I open doors constantly, an elderly lady fell down in the County Building last week, I rushed over and helped her up. I am a very compassionate person.

ManInBlack

And I despise those, like you, who are so self-righteous as to think that you have some right to use government to tell other people what to do with their property, to carry out what you deem to be desirable objectives.

As much as you prostrate yourself before the Almighty State, I hope you bought kneepads.

Dave_pro2a

I emotionally support those who need disabled parking spaces too Dave. Completely.

I understand what they go through, and individuals in society have a duty to be charitable toward the disabled.

It's impossible for the government to force citizens to be charitable toward said special needs populations, while respecting the Rights of everyone.

And yes, you discovered a real nugget of truth. Entitlement programs always leave some out in the cold. Those 'left out' from reaping the benefit of the State's corrosive powers will be upset. Dissatisfaction ought to be directed at the State, not at the individuals receiving the entitlement.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Wow, what kind of holster was this? I guess this debunks the urban myth that no OC'r has ever had their gun lifted.

Golly...

It's possible she had drawn her weapon, and then the bad guy took it from her hands.

I was watching footage from the Seattle Court house shooting (13 years ago). I've never seen so many out of shape officers in one place. Maybe there's an internal mandate: if you're an out of shape and over weight cop, you must work courthouse duty. Or maybe the duty turns them soft.

Regardless, your body is your last line of defense, not your gun. Treat your body accordingly.

Last edited: