• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Stoughton anti-CC ordinance

rcav8r

Attention Stoughton Residents: Last week, the public safety committee did the first reading and approved anonymously a ordinance that would ban CC from city owned and controlled property. The article stated that they will be meeting again next Tuesday the 13th for 2nd reading and final approval. However, I'm not sure this is correct, as it is not in the city calender and they normally meet the 4th Tuesday of the month.
I would urge you to attend these meetings to voice your opposition to this ordinance. I am unable to attend myself being a night shift worker, but you can also find the committee members contact information here:
http://www.ci.stoughton.wi.us/index.asp?Type=B_DIR&SEC={105F4460-C621-4152-A5B0-E9B781FDE774}&DE={81B095ED-1723-4F47-9FFF-A14696CED887}

Police Chief Greg Leck is the president of the Wisconsin Police chiefs association, a group that is against concealed carry, and works frequently with WAVE. I don't doubt he may be one of the driving forces behind this ordinance.