• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IWB problems?

KYKevin

Well Kevin, you have certainly lived a charmed life. It is wonderful that you have never been hassled or bothered by a LEO. You must be doing everything right. I had never been hassled by a LEO until I was hassled by a LEO. There are only two types of people that OC, those that have been hassled by LEO and those that will be hassled by LEO. It amazes me that there are those that think just because it hasn't happened to them that it somehow means they are something special. It just means you have not run into one of the few LEO that like to exceed their authority or you haven't been in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong LEO. No matter how you dress, how you comb your hair, what after shave you wear or if you shined your shoes, that LEO is going to try to bully you. It's not about you and how you dress/look/smell it is about a LEO wanting to exert authority he thinks he should have, but he doesn't have. As far as "thug carry", I don't even know what that is. We all have the same rights. No matter if you work behind a desk and dress in a suit and tie or work with you hands at the dirtiest labor and get filthy, you have a right to protect yourself.

Just want to simply say. I never have or did I intend to imply I am something special. No clue were you got that. And if I have lived a charmed life then I am not complaining. And if I am one of those who will be hassled in the future I am not gonna live my life in fear of it happening. Heck it could even happen tomorrow. I never meant to imply it never happens. I do go about my business every day as usual whether I am carrying or not. And I am happy that I have never been hassled. Well there was this one time. But it was an 8 year old kid who lived next to a friend of mine. :)

Thugs/homeless people/unemployed/poor/dirty/immigrant/racial minority/poorly dressed have the same rights as anyone and how you carry your gun should not be an indicator of your rank in life. There is no law that says you can't stick your weapon in your waistband. Do I do it? Not often. Have I ever done it? You bet I have. To think that "the clothes make the man" or "I have buddies that are cops and they take care of me" is elitism. Is it OK with you if your "buddies" hassle some other gun owner that you and they don't know? We should be working for the rights of all gun owners, not just the well dressed, clean shaven, short haired, freshly bathed, shiney shoe, slim and fit, young, good looking, athletic gun owners who have cop buddies and who carry "our way". This is what some CC'ers do when they disparage us OC'ers. We are supposed to be about freedom and individual liberty. Freedom means freedom to do, look and be what we want to be, not be like others want us to be. IWB, OWB, pocket carry, shoulder holster, OC, CC its all the same, legal. We should support it all. We get to decide how we carry, not how everyone else should carry.

I agree with the above completely. I was not speaking out against any of this. Only commenting on the other persons perception of thug carry as he called it. I could care less how any one dresses or carries. And to the matter of cop buddies taking care of me no they don't. One even gave me a speeding ticket once. I never impled that they take care of me nor do I expect them too. I only said that they had no issue with IWB. Having friends who are cops does not make one elitist.

Last edited:

KYKevin

I did not mean any of this to apply to you personally. I only used your post as an example of some of the things I object to. This has been on my mind for a long time and it just had to come out at some time. It just happened to come out after one of your posts. If that created a misconception on your part or offended you in any way I apologize for that. It was not my intention.

No offense is taken. It is oftten hard to tell how someone means something in a text. I have read many of your posts and you and I agree on alot here. No need for an apology. :)

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Well Kevin, you have certainly lived a charmed life. It is wonderful that you have never been hassled or bothered by a LEO. You must be doing everything right. I had never been hassled by a LEO until I was hassled by a LEO. There are only two types of people that OC, those that have been hassled by LEO and those that will be hassled by LEO. It amazes me that there are those that think just because it hasn't happened to them that it somehow means they are something special. It just means you have not run into one of the few LEO that like to exceed their authority or you haven't been in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong LEO. No matter how you dress, how you comb your hair, what after shave you wear or if you shined your shoes, that LEO is going to try to bully you. It's not about you and how you dress/look/smell it is about a LEO wanting to exert authority he thinks he should have, but he doesn't have. As far as "thug carry", I don't even know what that is. We all have the same rights. No matter if you work behind a desk and dress in a suit and tie or work with you hands at the dirtiest labor and get filthy, you have a right to protect yourself. Thugs/homeless people/unemployed/poor/dirty/immigrant/racial minority/poorly dressed have the same rights as anyone
and how you carry your gun should not be an indicator of your rank in life. There is no law that says you can't stick your weapon in your waistband. Do I do it? Not often. Have I ever done it? You bet I have. To think that "the clothes make the man" or "I have buddies that are cops and they take care of me" is elitism. Is it OK with you if your "buddies" hassle some other gun owner that you and they don't know? We should be working for the rights of all gun owners, not just the well dressed, clean shaven, short haired, freshly bathed, shiney shoe, slim and fit, young, good looking, athletic gun owners who have cop buddies and who carry "our way". This is what some CC'ers do when they disparage us OC'ers. We are supposed to be about freedom and individual liberty. Freedom means freedom to do, look and be what we want to be, not be like others want us to be. IWB, OWB, pocket carry, shoulder holster, OC, CC its all the same, legal. We should support it all. We get to decide how we carry, not how everyone else should carry.

Very well said. I agree 100%