Thread: CPL holder stops knife attack

CPL holder stops knife attack

Finally the media is taking notice. I hope to see more stories like this. Of course they have incorrect info, stating the man was a CCW license holder, instead of CPL, but it's a start.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/P...z/-/index.html

Right in my home town no less!

And THIS is why more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens is always a good thing! Great job by the CPL holder, hopefully the couple with the infant will now realize how important it is to take responsibility for your own self defense and get a CPL themselves.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    And THIS is why more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens is always a good thing! Great job by the CPL holder, hopefully the couple with the infant will now realize how important it is to take responsibility for your own self defense and get a CPL themselves.
    Especially if you always find yourself being the good citizen and getting involved...didnt take much for the guy to find him a new target, makes you wonder what would have happened had the CPL holder not been there. Thankfully he was though +1 for carrying indeed!
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Where are all of those who think that since this CPL holder wasn't directly involved/ threatened that he shouldn't have interjected himself, possibly should be charged with Brandishing?...

Quote Originally Posted by xd shooter View Post
    Where are all of those who think that since this CPL holder wasn't directly involved/ threatened that he shouldn't have interjected himself, possibly should be charged with Brandishing?...
    How could he be charged with brandishing? Those people say that based on more of their opinion on what to do not necessarily what the law says. Yeah that is some argument on whether the display of a gun without shooting is force other than deadly force but it doesn't seem people are being charged with brandishing in situations like this.

(a) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent death of or imminent great bodily harm to himself or herself or to another individual.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    How could he be charged with brandishing? Those people say that based on more of their opinion on what to do not necessarily what the law says. Yeah that is some argument on whether the display of a gun without shooting is force other than deadly force but it doesn't seem people are being charged with brandishing in situations like this.
    XD is merely making the point that many of the antis would like to see people who have a weapon in view of the public be charged with brandishing, irregardless of the fact that he is using it in defense of others.

/sarcasm I mean, think of that poor child, he may be so traumatized now from seeing a man coming towards him with a knife, and then another man with a gun. Imagine the years of therapy he will need to undergo to get over his PTSD. /sarcasm off

Thanks Orion, you are correct. I forgot the sarcasm on/off button..

Quote Originally Posted by xd shooter View Post
    Thanks Orion, you are correct. I forgot the sarcasm on/off button..
    Sorry I honestly thought you were being serious.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.

I love how the media makes a big deal out of A CERTIFIED CONCEALED WEAPONS LICENSE/PERMIT HOLDER WHO IS CERTIFIED TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE CERTIFIED TO BEAR ARMS - Like, what if he didn't pay the government for permission to carry a gun? If he was an American exercising his RIGHT what would the news article read? An American drew his weapon?
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    I love how the media makes a big deal out of A CERTIFIED CONCEALED WEAPONS LICENSE/PERMIT HOLDER WHO IS CERTIFIED TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE CERTIFIED TO BEAR ARMS - Like, what if he didn't pay the government for permission to carry a gun? If he was an American exercising his RIGHT what would the news article read? An American drew his weapon?
    Well actually that place has a liquor license. To carry on their premises you must have a CPL. Besides you need to be certified to exercise your right to bear arms. Everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Well actually that place has a liquor license. To carry on their premises you must have a CPL. Besides you need to be certified to exercise your right to bear arms. Everyone knows that.

Ahh, I can't believe I forgot to mention that to the class I presented my project to. I will email out a memo out right now forwarding that information. Sarcasm off
    lol

I had to, I have yet to enter any sarcasm into the forum, I felt left out lol.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Quote Originally Posted by Glock214 View Post
    Ahh, I can't believe I forgot to mention that to the class I presented my project to. I will email out a memo out right now forwarding that information. Sarcasm off
    lol

I had to, I have yet to enter any sarcasm into the forum, I felt left out lol.
    No need it's common sense if they don't know that well they're just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Finally the media is taking notice. I hope to see more stories like this. Of course they have incorrect info, stating the man was a CCW license holder, instead of CPL, but it's a start.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/P...z/-/index.html
    Hope to see more things like this. (No knife attacks) but more people stepping up for what is right, and very possibly saving lives. Way to go people.
    ~Samantha~

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Every_Night View Post
    Hope to see more things like this. (No knife attacks) but more people stepping up for what is right, and very possibly saving lives. Way to go people.
    No no....you've got it ALL wrong. The only way to prevent events like these is to BAN KNIVES. We should just institute a background check requirement for any knife, $5 per knife. CERTAINLY this would end senseless violence involving guns, knives, and children...just think of the children!

/sarcasm off

`8x7

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8x7
    No no... you've got it ALL wrong. The only way to prevent events like these is to BAN KNIVES.
    I turned off the radio this afternoon while I was driving home 'cause they were discussing the FL shooting, had some gal from (I think) Chicago whose son was shot on a city bus by a gang member who was trying to shoot another gang member, & the deceased got hit accidentally.

I can understand that's a terrible thing to have happen, but she kept going on about violence happening because of the "flood" of guns onto the streets.
    Lady, your city doesn't allow guns to be carried on the streets.
    It barely allows people to keep them in their homes.
    So how was it your son was shot with all those laws protecting him? It couldn't have happened, because Chicago has no guns other than the ones that are registered, & those are either unloaded & in a case (being transported) or locked away at a home.

I think it's more a problem of having too many criminals & them knowing that nobody can stand up to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

"I think it's more a problem of having too many criminals & them knowing that nobody can stand up to them."

Beautiful!

DAMN! He didn't kill the guy? I mean everyone knows that we who carry are just itching for the chance to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by William Fisher View Post
    DAMN! He didn't kill the guy? I mean everyone knows that we who carry are just itching for the chance to do so.
    Of course he didn't kill the guy! Everyone (all the antis) really knows you don't need a gun to stop an attack like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPL holder stos knife attack

Is it just me or did the guy look like Alec Baldwin , I have a sister that lives down there in Royal Oak and I have told her to be careful no matter where she goes now a days . The inner city crime is spreading like cancer I think I have my brother-in-law convinced to open carry .