• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL holder stops knife attack

detroit_fan

And THIS is why more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens is always a good thing! Great job by the CPL holder, hopefully the couple with the infant will now realize how important it is to take responsibility for your own self defense and get a CPL themselves.

Yance

And THIS is why more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens is always a good thing! Great job by the CPL holder, hopefully the couple with the infant will now realize how important it is to take responsibility for your own self defense and get a CPL themselves.

Especially if you always find yourself being the good citizen and getting involved...didnt take much for the guy to find him a new target, makes you wonder what would have happened had the CPL holder not been there. Thankfully he was though +1 for carrying indeed!

xd shooter

Where are all of those who think that since this CPL holder wasn't directly involved/ threatened that he shouldn't have interjected himself, possibly should be charged with Brandishing?...

xmanhockey7

Where are all of those who think that since this CPL holder wasn't directly involved/ threatened that he shouldn't have interjected himself, possibly should be charged with Brandishing?...

How could he be charged with brandishing? Those people say that based on more of their opinion on what to do not necessarily what the law says. Yeah that is some argument on whether the display of a gun without shooting is force other than deadly force but it doesn't seem people are being charged with brandishing in situations like this.

(a) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent death of or imminent great bodily harm to himself or herself or to another individual.

Orion

How could he be charged with brandishing? Those people say that based on more of their opinion on what to do not necessarily what the law says. Yeah that is some argument on whether the display of a gun without shooting is force other than deadly force but it doesn't seem people are being charged with brandishing in situations like this.

XD is merely making the point that many of the antis would like to see people who have a weapon in view of the public be charged with brandishing, irregardless of the fact that he is using it in defense of others.

/sarcasm I mean, think of that poor child, he may be so traumatized now from seeing a man coming towards him with a knife, and then another man with a gun. Imagine the years of therapy he will need to undergo to get over his PTSD. /sarcasm off

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I love how the media makes a big deal out of A CERTIFIED CONCEALED WEAPONS LICENSE/PERMIT HOLDER WHO IS CERTIFIED TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE CERTIFIED TO BEAR ARMS - Like, what if he didn't pay the government for permission to carry a gun? If he was an American exercising his RIGHT what would the news article read? An American drew his weapon?

xmanhockey7

I love how the media makes a big deal out of A CERTIFIED CONCEALED WEAPONS LICENSE/PERMIT HOLDER WHO IS CERTIFIED TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE CERTIFIED TO BEAR ARMS - Like, what if he didn't pay the government for permission to carry a gun? If he was an American exercising his RIGHT what would the news article read? An American drew his weapon?

Well actually that place has a liquor license. To carry on their premises you must have a CPL. Besides you need to be certified to exercise your right to bear arms. Everyone knows that.

Glock214

Well actually that place has a liquor license. To carry on their premises you must have a CPL. Besides you need to be certified to exercise your right to bear arms. Everyone knows that.

Ahh, I can't believe I forgot to mention that to the class I presented my project to. I will email out a memo out right now forwarding that information. Sarcasm off
:monkey lol

I had to, I have yet to enter any sarcasm into the forum, I felt left out lol.

xmanhockey7

Ahh, I can't believe I forgot to mention that to the class I presented my project to. I will email out a memo out right now forwarding that information. Sarcasm off
:monkey lol

I had to, I have yet to enter any sarcasm into the forum, I felt left out lol.

No need it's common sense if they don't know that well they're just dumb.

Samantha86

Jake8x7

Activist Member
Hope to see more things like this. (No knife attacks) but more people stepping up for what is right, and very possibly saving lives. Way to go people.

No no....you've got it ALL wrong. The only way to prevent events like these is to BAN KNIVES. We should just institute a background check requirement for any knife, $5 per knife. CERTAINLY this would end senseless violence involving guns, knives, and children...just think of the children!

/sarcasm off

`8x7

MKEgal

Jake8x7 said:
No no... you've got it ALL wrong. The only way to prevent events like these is to BAN KNIVES.
I turned off the radio this afternoon while I was driving home 'cause they were discussing the FL shooting, had some gal from (I think) Chicago whose son was shot on a city bus by a gang member who was trying to shoot another gang member, & the deceased got hit accidentally.

I can understand that's a terrible thing to have happen, but she kept going on about violence happening because of the "flood" of guns onto the streets.
Lady, your city doesn't allow guns to be carried on the streets.
It barely allows people to keep them in their homes.
So how was it your son was shot with all those laws protecting him? It couldn't have happened, because Chicago has no guns other than the ones that are registered, & those are either unloaded & in a case (being transported) or locked away at a home.

I think it's more a problem of having too many criminals & them knowing that nobody can stand up to them.

William Fisher

DAMN! He didn't kill the guy? I mean everyone knows that we who carry are just itching for the chance to do so.
sarcasm.gif

CrimsonSoul

DAMN! He didn't kill the guy? I mean everyone knows that we who carry are just itching for the chance to do so.
sarcasm.gif

Of course he didn't kill the guy! Everyone (all the antis) really knows you don't need a gun to stop an attack like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michaelm_ski

CPL holder stos knife attack

Is it just me or did the guy look like Alec Baldwin :lol: , I have a sister that lives down there in Royal Oak and I have told her to be careful no matter where she goes now a days . The inner city crime is spreading like cancer I think I have my brother-in-law convinced to open carry .