Thread: my first week

my first week

good evening to every one.i have been carring concelled for almost 20 years now.thise has been my first week carring openly so far its been a good experience.i been carring a springfeild xd tactical model in 45

Activist Member
    Feels different after 20 years of concealed carry don't it I don't prefer one or the other, but I do like having my firearm on the outside. So you can say I do prefer opencarry over concealed.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    Feels different after 20 years of concealed carry don't it I don't prefer one or the other, but I do like having my firearm on the outside. So you can say I do prefer opencarry over concealed.
    yes it does feel differently to open carry after 20 years of concelled carry i also like having my gun on the outside.plus its easier to carry a large fram auto over my 2inch barreled taurus 357

Open carry

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    I just like OWB a lot better than IWB..Its more comfortable and easier to access my Ruger..Since its been cold and i wear a coat i am mostly CC but as the weather warms up the coat comes off and if a shirt covers it fine and if not thats fine to..I just am not going to not carry..JMO

Activist Member
    Most of the time when I'm off work out doing stuff its in the city of Olathe here in Kansas. It's open carry and the people seem to be used to it, never had issues with business not allowing me in with it, unless of course there is the gun buster sign. All honesty here, I prefer Olathe, Kansas over the city where I'm at here in Lenexa.

Activist Member
    double posted when page reloaded!
    Last edited by DWCook; 03-10-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robert1970 View Post
    good evening to every one.i have been carring concelled for almost 20 years now.thise has been my first week carring openly so far its been a good experience.i been carring a springfeild xd tactical model in 45

Well then, welcome to the family of OC'ers!

A lot of the "this feels weird/strange" type emotions will pass if you OC consistently, as will any raised eyebrows from shops you frequent.

Quite a liberating feeling isn't it?