• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my first week

robert1970

good evening to every one.i have been carring concelled for almost 20 years now.thise has been my first week carring openly so far its been a good experience.i been carring a springfeild xd tactical model in 45

DWCook

Activist Member
Feels different after 20 years of concealed carry don't it :) :) I don't prefer one or the other, but I do like having my firearm on the outside. So you can say I do prefer opencarry over concealed.

robert1970

Feels different after 20 years of concealed carry don't it :) :) I don't prefer one or the other, but I do like having my firearm on the outside. So you can say I do prefer opencarry over concealed.

yes it does feel differently to open carry after 20 years of concelled carry i also like having my gun on the outside.plus its easier to carry a large fram auto over my 2inch barreled taurus 357

birdman46g

Open carry

I just like OWB a lot better than IWB..Its more comfortable and easier to access my Ruger..Since its been cold and i wear a coat i am mostly CC but as the weather warms up the coat comes off and if a shirt covers it fine and if not thats fine to..I just am not going to not carry..JMO

DWCook

Activist Member
Most of the time when I'm off work out doing stuff its in the city of Olathe here in Kansas. It's open carry and the people seem to be used to it, never had issues with business not allowing me in with it, unless of course there is the gun buster sign. All honesty here, I prefer Olathe, Kansas over the city where I'm at here in Lenexa.

GhostOfJefferson

good evening to every one.i have been carring concelled for almost 20 years now.thise has been my first week carring openly so far its been a good experience.i been carring a springfeild xd tactical model in 45

Well then, welcome to the family of OC'ers! :)

A lot of the "this feels weird/strange" type emotions will pass if you OC consistently, as will any raised eyebrows from shops you frequent.

Quite a liberating feeling isn't it?