Thread: Pittsburgh Mass Shooting and Open Carry?

Pittsburgh Mass Shooting and Open Carry?

Recently there was a mass shooting by a 20 year old with two handguns in Pittsburgh.

Do any of you folks think that situation will make harassment by Pittsburgh Police more likely for us OC'ers?
    I personally have no doubt more people will call in if they see a MWAG.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Personally I don't think it will make a difference. We had the big Virginia Tech shooting here in VA. I did not notice a difference in citizen's or police officer's reactions to my openly carried firearm afterwards. All but the most hardcore anti will realize that the Pitt shootin was the act of a single deranged individual. Besides that, at least one of the guns was stolen so we are not exactly talking about a law-abiding citizen here.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 03-11-2012 at 01:15 AM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Personally I don't think it will make a difference. We had the big Virginia Tech shooting here in VA. I did not notice a difference in citizen's or police officer's reactions to my openly carried firearm afterwards. All but the most hardcore anti will realize that the Pitt shootin was the act of a single deranged individual. Besides that, at least one of the guns was stolen so we are not exactly talking about a law-abiding citizen here.
    Good points.

I have only had a couple of run ins with Pittsburgh LEO's and I must say they were extremely negative. The Pittsburgh PD IMHO just seem to have the most extreme power trip's going on.

I hope this doesn't effect us OC'ers in a negative manner.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Then you also have Philly cops at the other end of the state!
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Recently there was a mass shooting by a 20 year old with two handguns in Pittsburgh.

Do any of you folks think that situation will make harassment by Pittsburgh Police more likely for us OC'ers?
    I personally have no doubt more people will call in if they see a MWAG.
    I wondered that, so I CCed at a hospital downtown, since I wasn't going to be unarmed, and I had to be at the hospital for a family member's surgery.