Thread: Just had to post this somewhere. Nice letter to the editor.

Just had to post this somewhere. Nice letter to the editor.

From the Richmond Times Dispatch Letters to the Editor:

March 9. http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/l...or-ar-1751568/

On food stamps and feeding programs

Editor, Times-Dispatch:

Isn't it ironic? The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever. Meanwhile, the National Park Service also part of the Department of Agriculture reminds us, "please do not feed the animals." They may become dependent and unable to care for themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James M. Trent.

Henrico.

Great read!! Food stamps and welfare are over-used and abused. The taxes from my hard-earned wages are going to support those who are too lazy to go get a job and provide for themselves.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Cool

In before Beretta gets here and starts whining about how the wealthy "should have the living piss taxed out of them," but refuses to admit that she covets their property.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Gotta admit that it's kinda funny.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

I wish people would fact check things they read before reposting them.

Is not the National Park Service part of the Department of the Interior?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Edmonds View Post

Oh SNAP, yes it is.
    Last edited by John Canuck; 03-12-2012 at 03:19 PM.

I hate paying for those old white folks that are too old and or infirmed to work for themselves.If they had just saved their money instead of paying for all those medical bills, they wouldn't be such a burden to us./s 39% of the population in MO are recipients with 69% of those being children. Some folks are just et up with that christian spirit.
    Last edited by beebobby; 03-12-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    I hate paying for those old white folks that are to old and or infirmed to work for themselves.If they had just saved their money instead of paying for all those medical bills, they wouldn't be such a burden to us./s
    You know, more than just white people are on the social security rolls (although, since you brought it up, it's fair to point out that they pay the most into the system). But then, if you weren't a racist bigot, you'd know that.

All American workers are victimized by the Social Security system. If the government didn't take 15% off the top, people actually would be able to plan for their own retirements, and if the government wasn't mucking up the health care and insurance systems, old folks would be better able to afford that, too.

You might be surprised to learn that old folks weren't just left to die in the streets before the advent of America's first dictator-for-life, FDR. People and communities actually took care of each other without the government putting a gun to the heads of some groups to pay for the needs of other groups. Just because you do not want to take care of your aging parents does not make your aging parents our responsibility.
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?

The quote was meant to show the irony of the government, not as a civics lesson.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

I hate paying for those old white folks that are too old and or infirmed to work for themselves.If they had just saved their money instead of paying for all those medical bills, they wouldn't be such a burden to us./s 39% of the population in MO are recipients with 69% of those being children. Some folks are just et up with that christian spirit.
    Christian spirit is helping the less fortunate, NOT having the government take one person's earnings to dole out to another after taking much of the money for themselves.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

No fact check required, this was quoted verbatim from the letters to the editor. Yes, the writer is incorrect in his statement. But still shows the lunacy of the giant bureaucracy we have allowed to be created.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    The quote was meant to show the irony of the government, not as a civics lesson.
    The fact that the quote is incorrect renders it completely irrelevant. It just becomes another mindless cut and paste talking point.
    Last edited by Dave in Edmonds; 03-12-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    In before Beretta gets here and starts whining about how the wealthy "should have the living piss taxed out of them," but refuses to admit that she covets their property.
    While being appauled that someone might suggest a military strongman who eradicated the communist parasite enablers within his country before giving up supreme executive authority (like no other "dictator" in the western hemisphere has ever done), and suggesting listening to Limbaugh is the reason someone suggests such extreme measures are fathomable. Even though Limbaugh has probably never referenced how communism in Chile was effectively trounced by a military coup that murdered a few thousand people, as opposed too the regular leftist coups and revolutions that consistently killed tens to hundreds of thousands.

Beretta lady isn't that stupid even after huffing a case of rustoleum.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    While being appauled that someone might suggest a military strongman who eradicated the communist parasite enablers within his country before giving up supreme executive authority (like no other "dictator" in the western hemisphere has ever done), and suggesting listening to Limbaugh is the reason someone suggests such extreme measures are fathomable. Even though Limbaugh has probably never referenced how communism in Chile was effectively trounced by a military coup that murdered a few thousand people, as opposed too the regular leftist coups and revolutions that consistently killed tens to hundreds of thousands.
    LOL...yes, please keep defending your wet dream of a military dictatorship in our former Republic.

Who cares about a few thousand murdered people, as long as they were on the opposite side, right?

Beretta lady isn't that stupid even after huffing a case of rustoleum.
    I wouldn't know about the off-forum recreational activities in which the both of you engage.
    O RLY?

beebobby -- this one ought to help clear up the difference between compassion-based charity and forced redistribution of wealth...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	423590_10150657860328887_87179323886_9194139_585074744_n.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	8119
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Originally Posted by a moronI hate paying for those old white folks that are too old and or infirmed to work for themselves.If they had just saved their money instead of paying for all those medical bills, they wouldn't be such a burden to us./s 39% of the population in MO are recipients with 69% of those being children. Some folks are just et up with that christian spirit.
    The moonbat messiah will just give them a pain pill and if it happens to be fatal, forget about any malpractice suit. Feel free to report me to his KGB website.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/40304

Is it not all federal government? The point of the post is not diminished because of departmental structures. The fact is COMMON SENCE should tell people that giving away free food TO ANY CREATURE reduces their motivation to sustain themselves. As humanbeings with compassion we should help each other, but we should have the analytical skills too see that some people don't NEED help, they're just lazy and reduce the resouces available to those who deserve assitance.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    LOL...yes, please keep defending your wet dream of a military dictatorship in our former Republic.

Who cares about a few thousand murdered people, as long as they were on the opposite side, right?

I wouldn't know about the off-forum recreational activities in which the both of you engage.
    OH YES!!!! I totally advocated a military coup. I've NEVER rejected all of the insipid calls for rebellions or other "resets" advocated by malcontents like you.

Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by G22shooter View Post
    beebobby -- this one ought to help clear up the difference between compassion-based charity and forced redistribution of wealth...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	423590_10150657860328887_87179323886_9194139_585074744_n.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	8119
    Penn for President!!! I might just write him in.
    Last edited by PrayingForWar; 03-12-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    The moonbat messiah will just give them a pain pill and if it happens to be fatal, forget about any malpractice suit. Feel free to report me to his KGB website.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/40304

Is it not all federal government? The point of the post is not diminished because of departmental structures. The fact is COMMON SENCE should tell people that giving away free food TO ANY CREATURE reduces their motivation to sustain themselves. As humanbeings with compassion we should help each other, but we should have the analytical skills too see that some people don't NEED help, they're just lazy and reduce the resouces available to those who deserve assitance.
    Stop feeding the poor...I mean, stop feeding "creature[s]", and they will get a job, sure

"Common sense," how cute.

I am interested in knowing what form of analytical skills will distinguish one persons ability to tend to self, and another persons ability.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Stop feeding the poor...I mean, stop feeding "creature[s]", and they will get a job, sure

I am interested in knowing what form of analytical skills will distinguish one persons ability to tend to self, and another persons ability.
    Oh PLUHHHEEESSS....

You know damn well there are an awful lot of people who've gotten themselves into their destitute circumstances, and take advantage of the assistance provided by government.

You also know that there are millions of people who risk their lives crossing deserts, and their freedom going to mexican prisons if they're from south of mexican borders just to get here to take jobs. So indeed yes, stop feeding some of these parasites and they will indeed pick crops and live in shacks in order to survive.

We'd kill 2 birds with one stone by enforcing strict residence standards (that we have, but don't effectively enforce) and enforcing voter ID laws.

It would destroy the democtrap party as a bonus.

The fact that the quote is incorrect renders it completely irrelevant. It just becomes another mindless cut and paste talking point.
    Can't see the forest for the trees kind of thing. Irrelevant to what? It has to be relevant to this discussion because it is what we are discussing. Do you even know what that word means?
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

You really like putting words in other people's mouths...

Form of analytical skills? I suspect you are asking for a singular answer to a question that has many answers.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.