Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Ronald Reagan

  1. #1
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661

    Ronald Reagan

    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Sorry that got canned because it is an unfielded and unproven technology.
    So this post talking about space based lasers getting **** canned prompted me to Google the Navy's laser system too see if it was really canned. However, I found the Wiki page for a space based laser weapons program, generally referred to as Star Wars.

    However, the actual name of the program was "Strategic Defense Initiative." The Strategic Defense Initiative never managed to build their Ion Cannon. But that really is of little consequence. The program has been renamed and rebranded a few times. And with Soviet Russia's fall, has allowed Reagan's cohorts to work on building a concrete military alliance with the Russians. It is apparent to me that Reagan's objective was not to fight the Russians, but to form an unbreakable, unholy alliance with them which he planned to call Global Defense Initiative.

    Ronald Reagan is my sworn enemy and this alliance must not be allowed to form, we shall bring them to their knees.




    DOWN WITH GDI!



  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    So this post talking about space based lasers getting **** canned prompted me to Google the Navy's laser system too see if it was really canned. However, I found the Wiki page for a space based laser weapons program, generally referred to as Star Wars.

    However, the actual name of the program was "Strategic Defense Initiative." The Strategic Defense Initiative never managed to build their Ion Cannon. But that really is of little consequence. The program has been renamed and rebranded a few times. And with Soviet Russia's fall, has allowed Reagan's cohorts to work on building a concrete military alliance with the Russians. It is apparent to me that Reagan's objective was not to fight the Russians, but to form an unbreakable, unholy alliance with them which he planned to call Global Defense Initiative.

    Ronald Reagan is my sworn enemy and this alliance must not be allowed to form, we shall bring them to their knees.




    DOWN WITH GDI!


    I thought you were serious for a second...

    Anyway wouldn't it be Obozo's alliance now, what with Reagan being dead and all...
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    162

    Reagan was no fan of the Second Amendment

    Pushed for gun control legislation in CA, and signed it as governor.

    Pushed for and signed the bans on importing full-auto weapons in the 1980's.

    Hardly someone any Republican or conservative should admire.

    Not surprised regarding his bastardizing the SDI...

    "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down That Wall...." - PUHLEEZE!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    ^+1

    It amazes me how many people (and I used to be one of them) that didn't know that side of Reagan's legacy. Historians, authors and media talking heads have almost painted him as a modern day Moses, leading us into the Promised Land. What most people don't remember is that he was just a man, and as fallible as the rest of us. "Perfect President" my ass...

  5. #5
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by DCR View Post
    Pushed for gun control legislation in CA, and signed it as governor.

    Pushed for and signed the bans on importing full-auto weapons in the 1980's.
    Exactly! This was all just part of his plan to strengthen the GDI by weakening his opponents, the fighters for freedom and liberty. The infallible Brother of Nod!

    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    It amazes me how many people (and I used to be one of them) that didn't know that side of Reagan's legacy. Historians, authors and media talking heads have almost painted him as a modern day Moses, leading us into the Promised Land. What most people don't remember is that he was just a man, and as fallible as the rest of us. "Perfect President" my ass...
    I see right through his disguise. Join me, sister, and together we shall triumph over this great evil.

    Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    Anyway wouldn't it be Obozo's alliance now, what with Reagan being dead and all...
    That's why I said cohorts.

  6. #6
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524
    SDI was not actually a real program at the time. The guys that were working on it told Reagan that it would be 20-30 years before they could accomplish anything it. Reagan pushed the notion that it was around the corner to force the Soviets to spend tons of cash trying to get around it because if they could not, their nuclear arsenal would be virtually neutered. This was part of the plan to bankrupt the U.S.S.R.

    Well, he did want to disband the ATF.


    http://blog.princelaw.com/2011/09/30...ng-revelation/
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •