• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ronald Reagan

Jack House

Sorry that got canned because it is an unfielded and unproven technology.
So this post talking about space based lasers getting **** canned prompted me to Google the Navy's laser system too see if it was really canned. However, I found the Wiki page for a space based laser weapons program, generally referred to as Star Wars.

However, the actual name of the program was "Strategic Defense Initiative." The Strategic Defense Initiative never managed to build their Ion Cannon. But that really is of little consequence. The program has been renamed and rebranded a few times. And with Soviet Russia's fall, has allowed Reagan's cohorts to work on building a concrete military alliance with the Russians. It is apparent to me that Reagan's objective was not to fight the Russians, but to form an unbreakable, unholy alliance with them which he planned to call Global Defense Initiative.

Ronald Reagan is my sworn enemy and this alliance must not be allowed to form, we shall bring them to their knees.

DOWN WITH GDI!

NODsig.gif

jack.png

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
So this post talking about space based lasers getting **** canned prompted me to Google the Navy's laser system too see if it was really canned. However, I found the Wiki page for a space based laser weapons program, generally referred to as Star Wars.

However, the actual name of the program was "Strategic Defense Initiative." The Strategic Defense Initiative never managed to build their Ion Cannon. But that really is of little consequence. The program has been renamed and rebranded a few times. And with Soviet Russia's fall, has allowed Reagan's cohorts to work on building a concrete military alliance with the Russians. It is apparent to me that Reagan's objective was not to fight the Russians, but to form an unbreakable, unholy alliance with them which he planned to call Global Defense Initiative.

Ronald Reagan is my sworn enemy and this alliance must not be allowed to form, we shall bring them to their knees.

DOWN WITH GDI!

NODsig.gif

jack.png

I thought you were serious for a second...

Anyway wouldn't it be Obozo's alliance now, what with Reagan being dead and all...

DCR

Reagan was no fan of the Second Amendment

Pushed for gun control legislation in CA, and signed it as governor.

Pushed for and signed the bans on importing full-auto weapons in the 1980's.

Hardly someone any Republican or conservative should admire.

Not surprised regarding his bastardizing the SDI...

"Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down That Wall...." - PUHLEEZE!

PistolPackingMomma

^+1

It amazes me how many people (and I used to be one of them) that didn't know that side of Reagan's legacy. Historians, authors and media talking heads have almost painted him as a modern day Moses, leading us into the Promised Land. What most people don't remember is that he was just a man, and as fallible as the rest of us. "Perfect President" my ass...

Jack House

Pushed for gun control legislation in CA, and signed it as governor.

Pushed for and signed the bans on importing full-auto weapons in the 1980's.
Exactly! This was all just part of his plan to strengthen the GDI by weakening his opponents, the fighters for freedom and liberty. The infallible Brother of Nod!

It amazes me how many people (and I used to be one of them) that didn't know that side of Reagan's legacy. Historians, authors and media talking heads have almost painted him as a modern day Moses, leading us into the Promised Land. What most people don't remember is that he was just a man, and as fallible as the rest of us. "Perfect President" my ass...
I see right through his disguise. Join me, sister, and together we shall triumph over this great evil.

Anyway wouldn't it be Obozo's alliance now, what with Reagan being dead and all...
That's why I said cohorts. ;)

rodbender

SDI was not actually a real program at the time. The guys that were working on it told Reagan that it would be 20-30 years before they could accomplish anything it. Reagan pushed the notion that it was around the corner to force the Soviets to spend tons of cash trying to get around it because if they could not, their nuclear arsenal would be virtually neutered. This was part of the plan to bankrupt the U.S.S.R.

Well, he did want to disband the ATF.

http://blog.princelaw.com/2011/09/30/will-atf-be-disbanded-the-shocking-revelation/