• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friendly Business: $1.50 a Scoop Chinese in Greeley

eBratt

My job doesn't afford me the opportunity to OC but with us going out this weekend, I figured I'd take the opportunity. Our big stop was the American Furniture Warehouse in Fort Collins to purchase a new mattress for my oldest kid. Between the showroom side of the store to purchase the mattress and the warehouse side to pick it up, I was there for about 45 minutes. Several second looks but not a word was said about it and great friendly exchanges but nothing about the OC.

From there, off to Pizza Hut on 10th in Greeley to pick up a couple of personal pizzas for the kids as a Saturday treat. I was only in the store for about 5 minutes and doubt anyone even noticed.

Best by far though was the stop at the $1.50 a Scoop in Greeley where my wife and I grabbed dinner. I had made it through the line and was checking out when the man behind me in line asked if I was a cop. Simple reply that I was not, just a legally armed citizen. This caught the interest of the staff including the man who appears to be the shop owner. He seemed very interested and proceeded to ask me quite a few questions. He seemed to struggle with the idea of open carry not requiring a permit and it appeared that English wasn't his native language. I did my best to explain and kept a smile on my face. It finally clicked and he had a big smile on his face. I thanked him for being so relaxed about the idea of a customer open carrying and he quickly said that customers with guns were always welcome. I smiled and joked that I assumed that he meant as long as they were holstered and he laughed. By that point, it seemed like the entire kitchen staff had come out to see the guy with the gun and they all waved as I thanked them for the service and left.

Back in Washington, someone had put together a pamphlet on open carry that was available to download and print. Is there something similar for Colorado? I'd love to drop by again (while OCing again) and drop it off for the store owner.

All in all, a great day out with a wonderful education opportunity to boot.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Sounds like you had a great day open carrying. That is how every day should go while open carrying. Now the important question: how big is a $1.50 scoop?

eBratt

Awesome. Thanks for the links. I'll have to browse through them.

And the "scoop" is really two or three. They fill the take out container and always leave you feeling like you got a great deal.

C.Stewart

Great to see that Greeley businesses are supportive. I live near by and have only been oc ing a few weeks and have only had 1 weird encounter.