Thread: WAVE wants lists of concealed carry holders made available to public

WAVE wants lists of concealed carry holders made available to public

I was "duped" into reading this on another forum, the post didn't mention WAVE. If it did I wouldn't have even opened the link. I see it's from today and it's not posted here yet so have fun with it.

http://www.marshfieldnewsherald.com/...text|FRONTPAGE

"Since we don't know who concealed carry weapon holders are, we don't know what they're doing," or whether they're the ones committing violent crimes, she said. "That's really frustrating. ... Are these people as law abiding as the senators promised us, or have we been kind of duped?"

They've been duped alright...

Herr Heckler Koch
    They can want in one hand and wish-wish in the other and see which first fills.

If someone commits a crime, they get a citation. How is this so hard to understand? I really want them to point out "all the problems" that happen in other states.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

If "wave" had half a brain, they would be writing down the names from this forum and have their list. Duh

JJC

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If someone commits a crime, they get a citation. How is this so hard to understand? I really want them to point out "all the problems" that happen in other states.
    Cut em some slack bro, it takes time to make up good sh t!!! (cant remember the movie, but it fits.)
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Campaign Veteran
    To keep it fair, there should be two lists. People that carry and the Anti's that don't. Both lists should be hung in the lobby of every prison in the state. I'll bet that would shut WAVE up real quick
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Gee, this got long...

My initial reaction, on seeing the headline, was "of course they do".

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter
    To keep it fair, there should be two lists. People that carry and the Anti's that don't. Both lists should be hung in the lobby of every prison in the state. I'll bet that would shut WAVE up real quick
    I like it.
    I think the lists should be either in the common areas where prisoners spend most of their time, or at least in the area where they're released & wait for their ride home. With scratch paper & pencils available.

Advocacy group Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort
    Gee, why don't they ever describe Wisconsin Carry as an advocacy group?
    Think maybe the media is just a wee bit biased?

In addition to the inability to study whether concealed carry permit holders are involved in criminal activity...
    She knows as well as we do that any time someone with a license is involved in any sort of crime, or even in a self-defense situation, the media will report it.

"The background-check system itself is pretty flawed," Bonavia said.
    Finally! Some honesty & common sense! I'm astounded.

The Department of Justice... should have access to mental health records from physicians as well, Bonavia said.
    As long as they also start putting every medical record into the licensing system, so people with epilepsy are also denied licenses to carry & drive.
    People with narcolepsy should be restricted too.
    People who have had a stroke.
    People with neuromuscular disorders.
    People who are taking any sort of medicine that could possibly impair their level of consciousness &/or judgment &/or motor control. (Wanna browse my drug book to see common side effects of what you're taking before you agree with me there?)

Come to think of it, any license that in its use could possibly affect the safety or well-being of someone other than the licensee should be denied to anyone in those categories. Who knows when they'd have problems & harm someone?

The State has no business in anyone's medical records unless they're germaine to a court action.
    Even then, they're supposed to be confidential, filed under seal.
    I know a city that's gotten in trouble for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri
    Those records are pretty much nonexistent, even though it's a disqualifier for owning or using a gun
    With all the other misinformation she spews, this doesn't surprise me.
    No, having an illness (of any sort) is not a disqualifier.
    Being so sick that a court has to determine competency, a court has involuntarily committed someone to a mental hospital, or a court has found someone not guilty by reason of mental defect...
    THOSE are disqualifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri
    this has an impact on the state at large, and we have a right to know whether this is beneficial or harmful
    Why does she think Wisconsin will be any different from the other 48 states that already have some provision for concealed carry? (Yeah, I know, not all of them actually allow it, but it's in their laws.)
    The worst that can be said of other states is that the rate of violent crime stays the same.

In most states, the rate of violent crime goes down - a lot - in the years immediately following implementation of a common-sense concealed carry law. (That is, either Constitutional Carry, background check only, or minimal training, as WI has.) The easier it is for good people to defend themselves, the harder it is for criminals to succeed.
    Much as I'm for job creation & success, I can't see this particular failure as a Bad Thing.

BTW, I can't figure out is why W"AV"E wants to make life easier for criminals?
    First they try to disarm all the good people, then they try to make lots of places criminal empowerment zones by prohibiting self-defense, now they want to make public a list of people criminals should not attack.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 03-12-2012 at 10:36 PM.

WAVE are a bunch of morons, ive been to their facebook page a few times...reading that stuff makes my head hurt sometimes!
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

can't the question "are they the law abiding citizens we were told they were?" be answered by checking how many cc permits have been suspended or revoked?

Regular Member The_Pennsylvanian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post
    I was going to say that someone should suggest to Ms. Bonavia that maybe should make all WAVE members' information public, but someone already beat me to it !
    WI CCL # 27,4XX

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    can't the question "are they the law abiding citizens we were told they were?" be answered by checking how many cc permits have been suspended or revoked?
    That process would then be proclaimed flawed. Adhockery, q.v., paves WAVES road to hell with what-ifs.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 03-13-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post
    +1, but lets add the various County Jails to the list.

One compelling reason to keep the names of permit / license holders private is so that anti-gun activists like Ms. Jeri do not stage "incidents" with permit holders and then accuse them of being the aggressor.

Concealed carry is so foreign to WI that somehow the anti-gun zealots are dreaming up solutions to problems that do not exist.

In my experience, fear of firearms is due to lack of familiarity with firearms. Such individuals have never taken a firearms familiarity and safety course with a competent instructor. They do not have the necessary "knowledge, skills, and attitude" to safely own and operate a firearm. The Yellow Cat is contemplating what to do to help with this problem. The answer to firearms incidents with law abiding citizens is not restriction; but rather training.

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    I was "duped" into reading this on another forum, the post didn't mention WAVE. If it did I wouldn't have even opened the link. I see it's from today and it's not posted here yet so have fun with it.

http://www.marshfieldnewsherald.com/...text|FRONTPAGE

"Concealed carry holders want WAVE list made available to public"; there, fixed it for ya...
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If someone commits a crime, they get a citation.

Nitpick:

People do not get issued citations for crimes. Cites are only issued for traffic offenses and ordinance violations (which are not crimes in Wisconsin).

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    Nitpick:

People do not get issued citations for crimes. Cites are only issued for traffic offenses and ordinance violations (which are not crimes in Wisconsin).
    I realized that after I posted and was too lazy find it and correct it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    +1, but lets add the various County Jails to the list.

One compelling reason to keep the names of permit / license holders private is so that anti-gun activists like Ms. Jeri do not stage "incidents" with permit holders and then accuse them of being the aggressor.

Concealed carry is so foreign to WI that somehow the anti-gun zealots are dreaming up solutions to problems that do not exist.

In my experience, fear of firearms is due to lack of familiarity with firearms. Such individuals have never taken a firearms familiarity and safety course with a competent instructor. They do not have the necessary "knowledge, skills, and attitude" to safely own and operate a firearm. The Yellow Cat is contemplating what to do to help with this problem. The answer to firearms incidents with law abiding citizens is not restriction; but rather training.

Yellow Cat Out -
    also should add sexual predator facilities like the one in juneau county Sand Ridge
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Would they be willing to publish their membership roster?

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092
    In my experience, fear of firearms is due to lack of familiarity with firearms. Such individuals have never taken a firearms familiarity and safety course with a competent instructor. They do not have the necessary "knowledge, skills, and attitude" to safely own and operate a firearm. The Yellow Cat is contemplating what to do to help with this problem.
    If their members would be interested in learning the truth about what they're fighting, we could invite them to hold a First Steps class in their office (or whatever other place would suit), then adjourn to a nearby range.

I don't think there would be even a handful who were bold or curious enough to learn the truth.
    Most would probably be nearly apoplectic at the mere thought, others would simply be too scared of inanimate objects to be in the same room with a pistol.
    Maybe start with pictures. Cartoons, even.
    Just like desensitizing any other phobia.

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeV View Post
    Would they be willing to publish their membership roster?
    WAVE publish their membership roster? Probably no way in hell would they want people to know that their membership could fit on a single sheet of paper.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

A Full Sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    WAVE publish their membership roster? Probably no way in hell would they want people to know that their membership could fit on a single sheet of paper.
    WAVE's membership roster would more than likely fit on the back of one of Jeri's bourbon soaked bar napkins.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    WAVE's membership roster would more than likely fit on the back of one of Jeri's bourbon soaked bar napkins.
    Champagne

She enjoys hosting small town police chiefs at Cuvee to thank them for their efforts against the Bill of Rights.

After receiving millions from the Joyce Foundation, WAVE can afford it. No Serb Hall for Jeri.

http://www.cuveemke.com/
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.