Thread: Update: Pistol Free Zone status

Update: Pistol Free Zone status

I have just gotten out of Richard LeBlanc coffee hours and had a chance to ask him about pistol free zones. The long and the short of it is the committee chairman, John Walsh, doesn't feel it has the support he wants it to have. I have been told that if people call their representatives and have their representatives go to John Walsh the committee chairman. The bill will get out of the committee and go to the floor for a vote.

This may be moot by the end of the week.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Why?
    Stay tuned. Watch our legislation email list.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Wilco

BTW thanks for all the behind the scenes work, its unseen, but not un noticed.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 03-12-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    wilco

btw thanks for all the behind the scenes work, its unseen, but not un noticed.
    yvw

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Stay tuned. Watch our legislation email list.
    How does one get on that list?
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

By going to our website or facebook and clicking on the legislative update link.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

link?

Banned
    Bookmarked. For easy sharing.

Thursday's bill won't be perfect -- but it will represent a major improvement over the status quo for very little give.

OK I signed up, but while I'm waiting for the E Mail, could you just tell us what the legislation is?

Thursday's bill won't be perfect -- but it will represent a major improvement over the status quo for very little give.
    Define "give".

Banned
    Thursday I bet. If I were to speculate, I'd say its schools. The ground we need to regain first.

Lets just wait and see rather than speculating and getting all worked up over what may be.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Lets just wait and see rather than speculating and getting all worked up over what may be.
    But we are getting so good at that lately!
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Small_Arms_Collector View Post
    OK I signed up, but while I'm waiting for the E Mail, could you just tell us what the legislation is?
    Sure -- it's SB-59 -- or some substituted form of it. What's in the substitute...I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

Seriously -- I don't like the gag either.

Note: The substitute doesn't have to be anything like the original. It doesn't even have to touch the same laws the original addressed
    Last edited by TheQ; 03-13-2012 at 05:35 PM.