• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry and Stand your ground presumed dead......

Tucker6900

I thought these were still alive and kicking....

snip: PRESUMED DEAD

Allow use of justifiable reasonable force

Require voters to produce photo identification

Amend Iowa Constitution to define marriage as between one man and one woman

Modify teen graduated driver’s license provisions

Allow local pre-emption of state gun laws for certain public buildings

Create statewide health information exchange

Allow white emergency flashing vehicle lights for certain health care professionals

Strike Iowa code references to medical marijuana

Expand/revamp state bottle deposit law

License naturopathic medicine

Add Second Amendment language to Iowa Constitution

IA_farmboy

Tucker, are you expressing surprise? I held little hope of a Democrat controlled Senate letting either of these self defense bills pass out of their chamber after what the House Democrats did in trying to kill them. I saw slim chances of these bills coming up for a vote. I saw no chance of them getting enough votes to pass.

Half of the Senate comes up for a vote this year. There is a primary on June for the Democrats. Iowa's Assembly district lines are getting redrawn this year. This gives me an idea for the upcoming primary. I've started a new thread with my devious plan.

amaixner

The so-called Democrat that chairs the Public Safety committee said that we should "be happy" that we got shall-issue, and should "wait a few years" before we bother him again to beg for our rights. He said he wouldn't let any gun bills be considered in his committee this year.
Unfortunately he is retiring, so we can't actually kick him out.

Tucker6900

The so-called Democrat that chairs the Public Safety committee said that we should "be happy" that we got shall-issue, and should "wait a few years" before we bother him again to beg for our rights. He said he wouldn't let any gun bills be considered in his committee this year.
Unfortunately he is retiring, so we can't actually kick him out.

Im not really surprised, but I thought they had gotten a little farther than that.

Lets hope to get these windbags out of there.

amaixner

Im not really surprised, but I thought they had gotten a little farther than that.
Lets hope to get these windbags out of there.

Here's the full thing, posted it a few days ago here (looks like I confused Public Safety with Judiciary):

Sen. Eugene Fraise, D-Fort Madison, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said he was not inclined to move separate pieces of legislation – one a resolution for a constitutional amendment to protect gun rights and a second bill dealing with the justifiable use of reasonable force to defend oneself – through his committee . . . “I’m not willing to do the constitutional change at all,” he said. . . . “I think they [gun rights advocates] ought to sit and savor that [the passage of shall-issue] for awhile before they start pushing for more stuff,” Fraise said.
http://easterniowagovernment.com/2012/03/05/proposed-guns-laws-likely-to-stall-in-iowa-senate/

Last edited:

mattsweet

“I think they [gun rights advocates] ought to sit and savor that [the passage of shall-issue] for awhile before they start pushing for more stuff,” Fraise said.

The fact that he said "pushing for more stuff" makes me think of him as a bumbling idiot filled with paranoia.

"Dear Sen. Fraise,

So sorry we inconvenienced you with our petty constitutional liberties. We didn't mean to push it. After all, you've given us so much with... your spending sprees and anti 2A propaganda. Iowa is a better (and poorer) state because of you and we should just be thankful.

I propose we move onto spoons. Spoons are responsible for making millions of kids fat every year! I used to be 125lbs, but now I'm like... 400! All because of spoons!

Sincerely,
Iowans Everywhere"