• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

$25K Open Carry Settlement Example

Damiansar-15

I thought this was a good article on open carry and it mentions a settlement that a Philly open carrier received for an improper arrest. With the current aggressive tactics by WPD and Wichita's lack of respect for people's civil rights, I hope folks leverage their legal options to help fight bad government policy. While I don't agree with abusing the legal system, many times it is important to utilize this avenue in order to change policy where local statist government officials refuse to do the right thing and follow the Constitution...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...ving_new_meaning_to_restaurant_carry-out.html

sha-ul

Police in these locals should also remember that deprivation of civil rights under color of law can be a felony. So by enforcing an unconstitutional law could be very costly on a personal level for them too.

Damiansar-15

Civil Rights

I also think it is cowardice for LEOs to stomp on civil rights in order for them to feel safe. Unfortunately, the "I don't care because I am going home" is a despicable character trait and sentiment by many local police these days.