Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Opened Carried at the Dayton NCAA basketball Oregon District event

  1. #1
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226

    Cool Opened Carried at the Dayton NCAA basketball Oregon District event

    The outdoor NCAA event gathered as much as 2000 people. In all there was great food, fan fair and Basketball. Dayton PD was keeping the peace; no stops noted but there was a few bad looks. However a liberal/Obama fan commented on the gun with the usual clueless comments. That conversation was rather short figuring the limited brain activity of the commenter. In all a great time!

  2. #2
    Regular Member LiberalOCarrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    8

    Misconception

    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    The outdoor NCAA event gathered as much as 2000 people. In all there was great food, fan fair and Basketball. Dayton PD was keeping the peace; no stops noted but there was a few bad looks. However a liberal/Obama fan commented on the gun with the usual clueless comments. That conversation was rather short figuring the limited brain activity of the commenter. In all a great time!
    Not all Liberals are anti-gun! Some of you guys kill me with that rhetoric. Did that person tell you that he was a liberal or an Obama supporter? I support Obama overall, but not his gun policies. Bush was pro-gun, which I liked but aslo a well-known idiot.
    Last edited by LiberalOCarrier; 03-12-2012 at 09:51 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226

    Cool No Misconception on this person!

    How do I know? He starts by saying the following comment “the only people that wear big guns have small penises” and then points to his head because he is wearing a “Obama Biden 12” hat. Heres more evidence, then he says I don’t like Obama because he’s Black; thous are typical liberal/progressive statements. When I challenged this person on issues of the day and he looks at me dumb founded. Like there are no intellectual synapses firing within that brain. Yes, it was confirmed this person was a liberal/progressive.

    It amazes me how liberals think this country works. They think the federal government needs to be in everyone’s lives. That’s totally backwards from what the Constitution says. Under the Constitution, the Federal Government has limited powers; the states have all the rest as long as they don’t violate the Amendments. So since the beginning of the twentieth century the Federal government has exceeded it power within the Constitution thanks to the liberal progressive movement. President Wilson started that show by pushing the "16 and 17 Amendment" to the Constitution; ("16 Amendment was Federal Income tax, and 17 was for electing Senators insead of appointing them through the states), 10th Amendment rights down the drain.

    Sorry to hear that you like Obama. The logic that anyone would vote for a Socialist amazes me. Especially for this president, who is considered to be the greatest failure in US history? How can you vote for someone who…

    • Places guns in the hands of drug lords in Mexico with the ATF operation “Fast and Furious” to justify more gun control
    • Wants the assault weapons ban back
    • Pushed down americans throat “Obama Care”
    • Pushed to control banks, Wall Street, car companies
    • Rang up a 5 Trillion dollar deficit in three years
    • Signs a bill overriding “Posse Comitatus Act” to allow the military to arrest citizens without due process
    • Supports EPA regulation killing the coal, oil and other US industries
    • Disapproves of off shore drilling for oil but gives millions to Venezuela so they can drill off their shore
    • Apologies for America by kissing the Saudis Kings hand and bowing to him
    • Returns the bust of Winston Churchill to England Embassy
    • Gives an IPod of his speeches to the queen of England and bows to her too
    • Assigns known socialists and communist to his cabinet who have no experience in the job appointed
    • Appoints anti gun, incompetent Supreme Court nominees
    • Appoints 33 Czars to his administration because he cannot get them approve through normal appointment in Congress
    • Forces the economy to accept green energy that does not work nor creates jobs.
    • Is about to sign into the “No Trespass Act” to stop protesting around federal buildings overideing the 1st Amendment

    And there is a lot more. Yes, I disliked George Bush for many things, but President Obama has proven to me he is a person who dislikes this country and does not know what the United States is about!

    So who really has a misconception?
    Last edited by Makarov; 03-14-2012 at 08:04 AM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Stanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    How do I know? He starts by saying the following comment “the only people that wear big guns have small penises” and then points to his head he was wearing and it says “Obama Biden 12”. Then he says I don’t like Obama because he’s Black; thous are typical liberal/progressive statements. When I challenged this person on issues of the day and he looks at me dumb founded. Like there are no intellectual synapses firing within that brain. Yes, it was confirmed this person was a liberal/progressive.

    It amazes me how liberals think this country works. They think the federal government needs to be in everyone’s lives. That’s totally backwards from what the Constitution says. Under the Constitution, the Federal Government has limited powers; the states have all the rest as long as they don’t violate the Amendments. So since the beginning of the twentieth century the Federal government has exceeded it power within the Constitution thanks to the liberal progressive movement. President Wilson really really started the show by pushing the "16 and 17 Amendment" to the Constitution; ("16 Amendment was Federal Income tax, and 17 was for electing Senators insead of appointing them through the states), 10th Amendment rights down the drain.

    Sorry to hear that you like Obama. The logic that anyone would vote for a Socialist amazes me. Especially for this president, who is considered to be the greatest failure in US history? How can you votes for someone who…
    •Places guns in the hands of drug lords in Mexico with the ATF operation “Fast and Furious” to justify more gun control
    •Wants the assault weapons ban back
    •Punished down Americans throat “Obama Care”
    •Pushed to control banks, Wall street, car companies
    •Rang up a 5 Trillion dollar deficit in three years
    •Signs a bill overriding “Posse Comatose Act” to allow the military to arrest citizens without due process
    •Supports EPA regulation killing the coal, oil and other US industries
    •Disapproves of off shore drilling for oil but gives millions to Venezuela so they can drill off there shore
    •Apologies for America by kissing the Saudis Kings hand and bowing to him
    •Returns the bust of Winston Churchill to England Embassy
    •Gives an IPod of his speeches to the queen of England and bows to her too
    •Assigns known socialists and communist to his cabinet who have no experience in the job appointed
    •Appoints anti gun, incompetent Supreme Court nominees
    •Appoints 33 Czars to his administration because he cannot get them approve through normal appointment in Congress
    •Forces the economy to accept green energy that does not work nor creates jobs.
    •Is about to sig into the “No Trespass Act” to stop protesting around federal building
    And there is a lot more. Yes, I disliked George Bush for many things. But President Obama has proven to me he is a person who dislikes this country and does not know what the United States is about!
    So who is really confused?
    Greatest failure? His poll ratings are better than Dubya's.

    You conservatives keep saying liberals this and liberals that. Your candidates ( not including Ron Paul) are the same as Obama.

    Liberals don't like you because of the blatant hypocrisy and lies.

    A so-called socialist president is worse than your fascist, theocratic candidates???

    Get real.

    Stop ******* on us and saying it's just rain.

    They are all anti-constitution as you say, and any opinion demonizing Obama and ignoring the right's same behavior is full if $&@!...
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mississippi/Tennessee
    Posts
    102
    What do the shortcomings of any other President/Presidential Candidate have to do with the shortcomings of the President originally being discussed? I fail to see how that is relevant in any way to the conversation, especially since the OP never mentioned anyone but Obama and the guy at the game.

    Statistically, liberals in general support more gun control, and conservatives support less. Again, in general. There are always exceptions, and the second and third posters are clearly exceptions.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Stanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-Tip View Post
    What do the shortcomings of any other President/Presidential Candidate have to do with the shortcomings of the President originally being discussed? I fail to see how that is relevant in any way to the conversation, especially since the OP never mentioned anyone but Obama and the guy at the game.

    Statistically, liberals in general support more gun control, and conservatives support less. Again, in general. There are always exceptions, and the second and third posters are clearly exceptions.
    I'd say it's as germane as the statement that "All liberals do x, y and z."

    While conservatives support less gun control typically, they support infringing on other rights.

    The point is you either support all the rights, small government, separation of church/state, etc or you don't. Crying liberal this and that is just a false flag with the intent of distracting people from the persons own problems so to speak.

    Of course, you can always come back and try to rationalize it by throwing out "in general." Generalities being the weak substitute for facts.

    In any case, if someone says something then that something is open for dispute. I mean, is the whole "liberals and socialist presidents" relevant to the thread? Oh, not a member of "your" party so the "rules" are different eh???

    There's that *******/rain thing again...
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

  7. #7
    Regular Member whitewolf68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    How do I know? He starts by saying the following comment “the only people that wear big guns have small penises” and then points to his head because he is wearing a “Obama Biden 12” hat. Heres more evidence, then he says I don’t like Obama because he’s Black; thous are typical liberal/progressive statements. When I challenged this person on issues of the day and he looks at me dumb founded. Like there are no intellectual synapses firing within that brain. Yes, it was confirmed this person was a liberal/progressive.

    It amazes me how liberals think this country works. They think the federal government needs to be in everyone’s lives. That’s totally backwards from what the Constitution says. Under the Constitution, the Federal Government has limited powers; the states have all the rest as long as they don’t violate the Amendments. So since the beginning of the twentieth century the Federal government has exceeded it power within the Constitution thanks to the liberal progressive movement. President Wilson really really started the show by pushing the "16 and 17 Amendment" to the Constitution; ("16 Amendment was Federal Income tax, and 17 was for electing Senators insead of appointing them through the states), 10th Amendment rights down the drain.

    Sorry to hear that you like Obama. The logic that anyone would vote for a Socialist amazes me. Especially for this president, who is considered to be the greatest failure in US history? How can you vote for someone who…

    • Places guns in the hands of drug lords in Mexico with the ATF operation “Fast and Furious” to justify more gun control
    • Wants the assault weapons ban back
    • Punished down americans throat “Obama Care”
    • Pushed to control banks, Wall Street, car companies
    • Rang up a 5 Trillion dollar deficit in three years
    • Signs a bill overriding “Posse Comitatus Act” to allow the military to arrest citizens without due process
    • Supports EPA regulation killing the coal, oil and other US industries
    • Disapproves of off shore drilling for oil but gives millions to Venezuela so they can drill off their shore
    • Apologies for America by kissing the Saudis Kings hand and bowing to him
    • Returns the bust of Winston Churchill to England Embassy
    • Gives an IPod of his speeches to the queen of England and bows to her too
    • Assigns known socialists and communist to his cabinet who have no experience in the job appointed
    • Appoints anti gun, incompetent Supreme Court nominees
    • Appoints 33 Czars to his administration because he cannot get them approve through normal appointment in Congress
    • Forces the economy to accept green energy that does not work nor creates jobs.
    • Is about to sign into the “No Trespass Act” to stop protesting around federal buildings overideing the 1st Amendment

    And there is a lot more. Yes, I disliked George Bush for many things, but President Obama has proven to me he is a person who dislikes this country and does not know what the United States is about!

    So who really has a misconception?

    I could not have stated it any better on king obama. Thank you Makarov!
    Last edited by whitewolf68; 03-13-2012 at 11:46 AM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226

    Its amazing how you can identify an Obama Fan

    You can always tell who is an Obama fan by the way they use feelings to justify their choice rather than fact. Sure, I can agree that I dislike with many of the Republicans running for president. Actually I like Herman Cain (Since I am a libertarian) more than anyone, but he’s out. I dislike Mitt Romney because he is an anti gunner but like Ron Paul but his foreign policy sucks.

    That’s what so good about the vetting process. We get to see the total person (likes and dislike) but after the primary process has run its course we should support the candidate that will beat Obama. So I’m hoping for either Santorum or Gingrich but if Romney survives, then it’s him.

    My advice to the Obama supporters…know your candidate. If you are using your feelings to make a decision then you are ignorant and should stay home on voting day. Leave the real voting to the big boys!
    Last edited by Makarov; 03-13-2012 at 02:49 PM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    It amazes me how liberals think this country works. They think the federal government needs to be in everyone’s lives. That’s totally backwards from what the Constitution says. Under the Constitution, the Federal Government has limited powers; the states have all the rest as long as they don’t violate the Amendments. So since the beginning of the twentieth century the Federal government has exceeded it power within the Constitution thanks to the liberal progressive movement. President Wilson started that show by pushing the "16 and 17 Amendment" to the Constitution; ("16 Amendment was Federal Income tax, and 17 was for electing Senators insead of appointing them through the states), 10th Amendment rights down the drain.

    So who really has a misconception?
    WUT? I don't remember the Constitution saying the federal government needs to stay out of everyone's life. Can you cite that passage please? Also, the Constitution also inadvertently, and mistakenly, gave the federal government (congress) the power to do most of what they're doing. The commerce clause has been expanded to meet everything the feds want to do. And the states have "all the rest" (of what? Unlimited powers?) as long as they don't violate the AMENDMENTS? Do you even understand what you're trying to discuss. I doubt anywhere in the Constitution it says that states can't violate the amendments.

    And explain to me how the 10th amendment was violated by the 17th? I am almost 100% for sure that the 10th amendment guaranteed powers not given to the federal government in the constitution were to be the state's or the people's. It didn't say that states rights were set in stone or that people had less rights than the states.

    You said something about knowing what you're doing and leaving things to the "big boys". Maybe you should learn something before you sound so ignorant.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226
    Wow 09jisaac...where did you get educated. Read the federalist papers dude!

  11. #11
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    Wow 09jisaac...where did you get educated. Read the federalist papers dude!
    I have. So where in the federalist papers does it dispute what I said? You don't even dispute what I said. All you say is "Read the federalist papers". If I am wrong with anything I said then show me, please. Don't come back acting like I am wrong with no evidence to support it. It really doesn't matter where I got my education, it seems head and shoulders over yours.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226
    09jisaac I prove...how about you!

    Obviously your ignorance!

    It doesn’t say that verbatim in the Constitution that the federal government should not be in our private lives but it is a conservative document. The original intent of the Constitution is a small centralized federal government with most powers given to the states and local governments. This allows the country to prosper with less government interference so people can pursue “Life, Liberty and Happiness”. Does that sound familiar? It is proven; less government stimulates businesses, mentoring, ingenuity for inventions, and commerce. This doesn’t happen if the Government is regulating everything you do!

    I agree with your assessment of the expansion commerce clause. This has been perverted and expanded far beyond its original intent from Madison. Madison however was one of the founders who believed in a larger centralized government. Washington agreed with him on this matter because he was always getting shafted by Congress for military items during the war. You can also thank FDR for further expansion through the vision of the New Deal. We can go on with this!

    States Rights…where are they? Yes, the 10th Amendment has been violated or ignored for a long time by this government. The states cannot violate any amendments due to incorporation of the 14 Amendment that was created after the civil war. Do the states or local government violate them? Sure look at IL, NY, MA, Washington DC and CA on the 2nd Amendment.

    So let’s see the 17th Amendment to the United States Constitution established direct election of United States Senators by popular vote. The amendment supersedes Article I, § 3, Clauses 1 and 2 of the Constitution, under which senators were elected by state legislatures. Yes, this is where states rights went down the drain.

    Under the original Constitution the “Senate” represented the “States Interests” the “House” represented “people’s interests”. When Senators are elected by the people “MOB RULE”, they are hard to replace. When they were elected by the state legislature, then the state could recall them if the Senator did not meet the states interests on a bill.

    Maybe you should move over for the” Big Boys”
    Last edited by Makarov; 03-15-2012 at 02:36 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    09jisaac I prove...how about you!

    Obviously your ignorance!
    First of all I would like to ask if English is your first language or if you are using a translator. "I prove.... how about you!" is not proper english and "Obviously your ignorance!" is not a sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    It doesn’t say that verbatim in the Constitution that the federal government should not be in our private lives but it is a conservative document. The original intent of the Constitution is a small centralized federal government with most powers given to the states and local governments. This allows the country to prosper with less government interference so people can pursue “Life, Liberty and Happiness”. Does that sound familiar? It is proven; less government stimulates businesses, mentoring, ingenuity for inventions, and commerce. This doesn’t happen if the Government is regulating everything you do!
    The original intent was a small centralized government with most powers of government given to the sates, you're right. But state government was allowed to grow as they seen fit, as long as they didn't violate the CONSTITUTION or people's rights. Notice I didn't say amendments, because amendments aren't suppose to be a separate thing, they are part of the constitution. To put that into perspective that would be like your fingers if they were added later. They are equally part of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    State Rights…where are they? Yes, the 10th Amendment has been violated or ignored for a long time by this government. The states cannot violate any amendments due to incorporation, the 14 Amendment that was created after the civil war. This is called incorporation. Do the states or local government violate them? Sure look at IL, NY, MA, Washington DC and CA on the 2nd Amendment.
    I am not arguing that State's rights haven't been violated. Plenty of rights have been violated by the federal government. But neither the 16th or the 17th amendments violated the 10th, as you originally stated. The 16th and 17th amendments are PART OF THE CONSTITUTION. The 10th states "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." See where I am going with this? If not I will clarify later.

    Also, the 14th amendment, once again, said nothing about the amendment. Basically all it did was made all rights mentioned in the US constitution applicable to the states.

    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    So let’s see the 17th Amendment to the United States Constitution established direct election of United States Senators by popular vote. The amendment supersedes Article I, § 3, Clauses 1 and 2 of the Constitution, under which senators were elected by state legislatures. Yes, this is where states rights went down the drain.
    I didn't say that states rights didn't go down the drain. I said it didn't violate the 10th amendment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    Maybe you should move over for the” Big Boys”
    Learn just half of what you're trying to talk about. Then we'll all call you a big boy if you'd like. Just stop pretending to know what you're talking about. You know just enough to make a complete fool of yourself. It seems like you are getting all your information off of wikipedia without knowing how to put it together.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226
    Not Bad...wow you have to pick on Verbage!

    State representation went away because of the 17 Amendment. This made the Senators worry about the popular vote rather than issues effecting their state and possible recall. Thats why we have the corruption today. For example: Obama care would not have passed the Senate if the states could have pulled their senators because the majority of the states didnt want it. Lets see what the Supreme Court say about the Commerce Clause on the Bill?

    Yes, the 14th is incorporation. Local and state goverments can not violate the Bill of Rights". By the way, this information is based on information learned from multiple sources and not Wickipedia. Dont be foolish yourself by qouting from that source!

  15. #15
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

  16. #16
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    Not Bad...wow you have to pick on Verbage!

    State representation went away because of the 17 Amendment. This made the Senators worry about the popular vote rather than issues effecting their state and possible recall. Thats why we have the corruption today. For example: Obama care would not have passed the Senate if the states could have pulled their senators because the majority of the states didnt want it. Lets see what the Supreme Court say about the Commerce Clause on the Bill?

    Yes, the 14th is incorporation. Local and state goverments can not violate the Bill of Rights". By the way, this information is based on information learned from multiple sources and not Wickipedia. Dont be foolish yourself by qouting from that source!
    Verbage?

    And I don't think you are really understanding what I am saying. I am saying that neither the 17th nor the 16th amendment violated the 10th amendment. Like YOU said it did. I would like for you to prove anything I said wrong.

    And humor me here and show me exactly where I quoted Wickipedia?
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226
    Didn't say you did quote anything from Wikipedia I said don't be foolish too quote from there.


    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cgky2y

  18. #18
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,629
    Strayed far off topic, contains personal insults, does not relate directly to OC or RKBA - expect better from posters here - locked it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •