Thread: MOC Lunch - Big Rapids

MOC Lunch - Big Rapids

Come join us for lunch on Saturday April 28th.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...24371787893879

Where: Cranker's Coney Island
    213 South State Street
    Big Rapids, MI 49307

When: 4/28/2012 @ 4:00 PM

Whether you are seasoned at Open Carry or trying it for the first time, join us. Have questions about Open Carry? This is a great opportunity to find out more about Open Carry.

If you could post if you are coming I'd really help me a lot as far as figuring out how many seats we'll need.

ANOTHER DATE AND TIME CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW SATURDAY THE 28th AT 4PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by xmanhockey7; 04-16-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Thanks for helping us out up in Big Rapids.

I will be there.
    Last edited by TheQ; 03-12-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Thanks for helping us out up in Big Rapids.

I will be there.
    No problem. I look forward to meet you.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.

I'll be there!
    Dave
    http://www.survivalfox.com/
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom". - John F. Kennedy, former U.S. President

Update!!! Lunch now saturday april 14th

ANOTHER UPDATE!!!!! NOW APRIL 21st AT 4PM!!!

Might be nice to go early, drive 12 miles north on 131 and do a walk around/shopping in Reed City where the Chief of Police has been quoted as saying "There will be no open carry in MY town". You know, just to make him aware he has no "town".

Quote Originally Posted by tenletters View Post
    Might be nice to go early, drive 12 miles north on 131 and do a walk around/shopping in Reed City where the Chief of Police has been quoted as saying "There will be no open carry in MY town". You know, just to make him aware he has no "town".
    That was the same thing the Battle Creek Chief said a few years back.... he is no longer the Chief of anything.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

And we have yet another date change. April 28th @ 4:00PM still at Crankers.

Do you all know that Cranker's Restaurant is presently closed, set to reopen soon, as Cranker's Micro Brewery, serving 6 lines of local beer?
    Perhaps all better have cpl's?

Quote Originally Posted by tenletters View Post
    Do you all know that Cranker's Restaurant is presently closed, set to reopen soon, as Cranker's Micro Brewery, serving 6 lines of local beer?
    Perhaps all better have cpl's?
    Thanks for the update. If they are open we can probably get the owner to sign off on us holding the event there for those who do not have a CPL.

I was at this Crankers on Tuesday and they are open. The brewery is still under construction. Today they were assembling the brew kettles.
    Dave
    http://www.survivalfox.com/
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom". - John F. Kennedy, former U.S. President

Quote Originally Posted by dfox View Post
    I was at this Crankers on Tuesday and they are open. The brewery is still under construction. Today they were assembling the brew kettles.
    Yeah I was told they don't even think they're closing. I keep missing the owner when I call. One waitress says she thinks they have a liquor license but the state website doesn't have them listed.

Bump
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Well the lunch was a big success. An email sent out advertised 14 were coming so I told the restaurant 15. We had a total of 3 with a lot of table space left lol. Wished we could have had more but did enjoy meeting The Q and his wife.

It was a pleasure meeting you, xman. Good luck in Indiana!

Again...thank you for setting this up.
    Last edited by TheQ; 04-28-2012 at 07:02 PM.