• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone here have their amateur radio lic?

Mike In Reno

only reason i ask is because we just started a club in northern nevada, NVLLRC (nevada low level repeater conspiracy) we are looking for more hams to join us for our sat night net, and just more repeater activity, we also have a forum http://w11.zetaboards.com/THE270/index/
we currently have 3 repeaters and one link, 145.270 (-) PL 141.3 (McClellan Peak - Animal House) VHF, 440.300 PL 141.3 (Sun Valley, NV)
443.975 PL 123.0 (Gardnerville, NV) simplex link 442.150 PL 123.0 (Carson City, NV)

and FYI its not like the WADG geezer net (no offense) were all younger HAMS , we love guns, 4 wheeling, dirts bikes and many other things.
so please feel free to join us at anytime, connect via echolink, or drop in our forums, and if you dont have a HAM lic, THEN GET ONE!!!

b0neZ

I heard a little while ago about your setup from a long time friend of mine, KD7FPK. Next time you get him on the net tell him KE7NGG says to get a haircut.

73's

Mike In Reno

im always connected to his repeater via echolink Ill let him know you said whats up, you live in that area where dave is? are you still active> and have a mobile rig
my call is KF7EGL , drop in and say hi one of these days im sure dave wouldnt mind

b0neZ

I only have an old HT which is in sore need of a new battery. I tried to hit the repeater from here and can't get it even with a magnet mount antenna.
Tell Dave I remember 87 well, which is surprising.

I'm not anywhere near where he is. About 90 minutes' drive away, to be honest. I need to get back down there and see him and his family again.

Mike In Reno

well we are all getting together on friday at his place, then were going to do some sat work followed by some shooting at the pits with tanerite! come by, and if you have internet and a computer, and or mobile device that you can download echolink, you can echolink into his machine directly

b0neZ

Sounds like a fun time! I won't be able to make it (lack of transportation), but blow something up for me.
I need to get a headset and sign up for and install echolink. That would make things much easier.

Mike In Reno

Sounds like a fun time! I won't be able to make it (lack of transportation), but blow something up for me.
I need to get a headset and sign up for and install echolink. That would make things much easier.

I will take a few pics, postem here when we shoot

SovereignAxe

sweet, well do you have any echolinked repeaters where you live? you could always dial in our node number and connect that way?
we are working towards putting a DMR system in nor nev .

the only two that overlap my city are pretty far away and one is 70cm and the other says "DTMF not used." That's according to echlinkmap.org.

Rollbar

Question: can you operate EchoLink from a iPhone?

If so, how. I use it on my PC.