• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canyon Crest Liquor - Colorado Springs

Polynikes

On the way home from the range yesterday evening, I realized that my refrigerator was dangerously low on libations, so I made a stop into a convenient liquor store on Centennial Blvd. in the Springs. I scanned the doors as I entered and failed to see any signs stating that the store preferred their customers disarmed so I continued in, quickly made my selections and proceeded to the register to pay. When the clerk asked for ID (thank goodness I still look young enough to get carded on occasion ;) ) I held open my wallet and displayed my driver’s license. The clerk must have noticed the carry permit tucked in behind the license because he promptly informed me that I am always welcome to carry my weapon in his store and he appreciates armed honest citizens who give him business. I thanked him kindly for respecting the rights of law abiding citizens and promised that I would spread the word, so here it is. :) If you’re in the neighborhood, check out Canyon Crest. They have a great selection and it is very refreshing to hear of a small local business who not only permits but encourages carry on their premises.

Address is below:

Canyon Crest Liquor

4935 Centennial Boulevard # D
Colorado Springs, CO 80919-2495

M-Taliesin

Howdy Pard!
Thanks for that information. Next time I happen to be in the springs, I'll make a point of dropping by to buy something there. Since I don't imbibe, it'll likely be soda pop, but I'd be happy to throw whatever support his way that I am able.

Who knows.... maybe a bottle of wine for that next religious observance coming along.
After all, we have one coming along in about a week or so. Why not get our libations there, to support a merchant that supports our rights?

Thanks again!
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

livetrapper13

Its good to hear that store is all for carry! Today I went into a used parts store looking for a axle. The shopkeeper glanced at my pistol without any reaction. When he stepped out from behind the counter I noticed he was OCing a LCR. I am glad to see more and more stores being tolerant and accepting of carry.

-EDIT- some how I blogged this post? Don't know exactly what I did???

Last edited:

RockyMtnScotsman

I'm a regular at Canyon Crest and have had similar experiences when open carrying there. There was a report from someone once before who had a single opposite experience, but spoke with the owner/manager who then flipped his position to favorable. I don't know about that firsthand, as I've had nothing but positive experiences there and would frequent them even if they weren't so convenient to home. It doesn't hurt that they've got a very good selection to boot.

ETA: Bamboo Garden, the Chinese restaurant two doors down is very good too and they've never said a peep about my OC

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm a regular at Canyon Crest and have had similar experiences when open carrying there. There was a report from someone once before who had a single opposite experience, but spoke with the owner/manager who then flipped his position to favorable.

That would be me. :)

I don't know about that firsthand, as I've had nothing but positive experiences there and would frequent them even if they weren't so convenient to home. It doesn't hurt that they've got a very good selection to boot.

ETA: Bamboo Garden, the Chinese restaurant two doors down is very good too and they've never said a peep about my OC

Good to hear of others making it to Canyon Crest! I OC there all the time, and have gotten to know the store clerks fairly well.

Thanks for posting this, Polynikes.

I've eaten at the Bamboo Garden next door as well. No issue. The folks at Blackjack pizza were a touch nervous when I walked in to pick up a pizza one night, but they didn't say anything.

Why not get our libations there, to support a merchant that supports our rights?

Bamboo Court might be a nice place for our next OC meet! I know the clerks at Canyon Crest would get a kick out of me introducing them to some of my OCing friends.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

That would be me. :)
Bamboo Court might be a nice place for our next OC meet! I know the clerks at Canyon Crest would get a kick out of me introducing them to some of my OCing friends.

Howdy Pardner!
Why not set something up for us to meet and greet there? I'll be your huckleberry if you do set something up.
Besides, ain't it about time we did another get-together?

We should also explore some of the questions raised at our last meet-up to see what else might be done to advance OC in Colorado.

Thanks pardner,
M-Taliesin