• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Safety

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
A tragedy indeed, but really, how hard is it to follow the four basic rules???

1. All guns are always loaded.

2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.

3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.

4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Simply following JUST 1,2 or 4 (or 3, depending on the situation) would have prevented this from happening 100% of the time.

Last edited:

bwhunter65

News article didnt give much info. Here is what I know like I said I work with this guy. The girl that was shot was 20 just had a baby in Dec I believe and she was the daughter of his girl friend. They were at the range and she wanted to shoot his gun she gave him back the the gun he said he went to clear it well we know what happened next. He said he never put his finger on the trigger but I am guessing he did but didnt realize it. Sad he lost a child about 3 years ago to wonder how he is taking it.

I said it happend at the range my mistake was at home of her family. They went out in the property to shoot.

Last edited:

kcgunfan

Very sad indeed. No matter how experienced you are, this can happen to anyone. It just requires a moment's lapse in judgement.

Having said that, the article says that the gentleman shot himself in the hand before the bullet hit the young lady. I don't know any guns that you clear by putting your hand in front of the muzzle. Any idea what that might be? I want to stay far away from that manufacturer.