• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kansas House Passes Concealed Carry Reform Bill

DWCook

Activist Member
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...house-passes-concealed-carry-reform-bill.aspx

HB 2353 would ensure that carrying a concealed weapon would be allowed in almost every building, unless the building “has adequate security measures to ensure that no weapons are permitted to be carried into such building.” If the building lacks adequate security measures, such as metal detectors and security guards, anyone with a valid concealed carry permit would be able to carry their firearm within that building.

I'm not sure if this has been posted or I being an idiot, but I like the sound of this.

Videos speaking of the bill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_qXohog2qk

. This video speaks that if the bills fully passes KU will allow conceal carry! Meaning students will be allowed. This clip also has a short interview of a student who is a conceal carry license holder also.

Last edited:

PotterMP

I just read through the bill...I'm an MP not a lawyer lol but it reads to me that this is only for "state or municipal buildings". I'm going to take a SWAG *Scientific Wild Ass Guess* at it and say that private property like restaurants and such will be enforceable if they have the AG approved "No Weapons" sign. Like I told one of my favorite restaurants manager after they put one up. "A sign won't stop your restaurant from being robbed...my .40 caliber hollow point will."

Don't get me wrong, I am glad this is happening and truly hope this bill goes through. Its time to stop letting gun-o-phobes put all of us at risk.

Potter

DWCook

Activist Member
Yeah every little step counts to regaining back what we are suppose to have. Not saying this is a great win here, but it does help.

Damiansar-15

Open Carry

I wonder how this applies to open carry... I would assume if concealed carry is allowed on a State campus, open carry would be allowed, as well...

sha-ul

I wonder how this applies to open carry... I would assume if concealed carry is allowed on a State campus, open carry would be allowed, as well...

Not in this case...yet.
the intent of Forrest Knox who introduced the bill was specific about CONCEALED (don't want to scare the sheep) maybe after a few years once they are accustomed to the idea of defensive weapons on campus, OC might fly.