• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something To Think About.

neuroblades

We had a thread running here a couple of weeks back and in that thread the topic arose about our 2nd Amendment Rights in times of disaster. We all know the KRS, though I can't recall the exact number at this moment, that makes it illegal for weapons to be removed or taken from Kentucky citizens in times of disaster.

Enter into the the situation, the National Guard and/or the U.S. Military and Martial Law. It had been mentioned that even under martial law, our Rights would still remain in tact. But while doing some research on a slightly different topic, ran across this. Take it for what it is and there might be alot of skewering in this video but, what if?

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...QGpzuDgAQFByrI_3OrHCcRfE3sVhQisq612inXgvosufw

UnfetteredMight

...or how about "they can have them bullets first"?

If they choose to ignore constitutional law, US and state, I will be obliged to ignore their illegal decree.

Ill be damned if my family will be defenseless!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
uThats right! Anyone that tries to disarm me in a state of emergency is gonna have lead shot their way. I would say there is about 80,000,000 more that feel the same way, so if I was some dumb a$$ guardsman or leo that thought disarming a lawfully armed citizen was a good idea I would think twice about it. If we was in the situation of martial law we have nothing to lose, and I will fight 'til I am dead!! I stand no chance without my weapons, and I will die defending the right to keep them!

Thought I would add the fact that the supreme court has now ruled we have a constitutional right, (like we haven't known that for hundreds of years), to keep arms in the home. They also stated that the right involves personal defense, target shooting, and hunting, and these are all done away from the home. They stated that only certain places could have no weapon policies, and that means they meant this right to be applied outside the home as well. We recently had a federal district court judge rule that we have a right to bear outside the home, and do not have to show a good reason to do so to the state. This opens the door for all states that are may issue or no issue to allow some form of carry!

Last edited:

Midwest

Krs 237.104

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/237-00/104.PDF

237.104 Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired during disaster or emergency -- Seizure of deadly weapons during disaster or emergency prohibited -- Application of section.
(1) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, have the right to revoke, suspend, limit the use of, or otherwise impair the validity of the right of any person to purchase, transfer, loan, own, possess, carry, or use a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
(2) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, take, seize, confiscate, or impound a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from any person.
(3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the taking of an item specified in subsection (1) or (2) of this section from a person who is:
(a) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040;
(b) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to federal law;
(c) Violating KRS 527.020;
(d) In possession of a stolen firearm;
(e) Using a firearm in the commission of a separate criminal offense; or
(f) Using a firearm or other weapon in the commission of an offense under KRS Chapter 150.
Effective: July 12, 2006
History: Created 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 240, sec. 7, effective July 12, 2006.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
r
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/237-00/104.PDF

237.104 Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired during disaster or emergency -- Seizure of deadly weapons during disaster or emergency prohibited -- Application of section.
(1) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, have the right to revoke, suspend, limit the use of, or otherwise impair the validity of the right of any person to purchase, transfer, loan, own, possess, carry, or use a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
(2) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, take, seize, confiscate, or impound a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from any person.
(3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the taking of an item specified in subsection (1) or (2) of this section from a person who is:
(a) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040;
(b) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to federal law;
(c) Violating KRS 527.020;
(d) In possession of a stolen firearm;
(e) Using a firearm in the commission of a separate criminal offense; or
(f) Using a firearm or other weapon in the commission of an offense under KRS Chapter 150.
Effective: July 12, 2006
History: Created 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 240, sec. 7, effective July 12, 2006.

Yes, this always comes up when we discuss this issue. The main point we were making is that during a time of martial law, many LEO's will say who gives a dam^ about what the statutes say, we are your masters. The constitution should have been enough to keep law enforcement from disarming law abidding citizens in Louisiana, but it wasnt. If the United States Constitution was not enough to keep government agents from disarming us, I doubt state law will stop them. This is why we will have to fight to keep our only protection from tyrrany.

UnfetteredMight

r

Yes, this always comes up when we discuss this issue. The main point we were making is that during a time of martial law, many LEO's will say who gives a dam^ about what the statutes say, we are your masters. The constitution should have been enough to keep law enforcement from disarming law abidding citizens in Louisiana, but it wasnt. If the United States Constitution was not enough to keep government agents from disarming us, I doubt state law will stop them. This is why we will have to fight to keep our only protection from tyrrany.

They are only words on paper if good men (and women) are unwilling to fight for then, if given no other choice .
Subjugation, imo, is not a choice.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Martial law is defined as: military rule or authority imposed on a civilian population when the civil authorities cannot maintain law and order, as in a time of war or during an emergency.
Executive Order 10995: All communications media are to be seized by the Federal Government. Radio, TV, newspapers, CB, Ham, telephones, and the internet will be under federal control. Hence, the First Amendment will be suspended indefinitely.
Executive Order 10997: All electrical power, fuels, and all minerals well be seized by the federal government.
Executive Order 10998: All food resources, farms and farm equipment will be seized by the government. You will not be allowed to hoard food since this is regulated.
Executive Order 10999: All modes of transportation will go into government control. Any vehicle can be seized.
Executive Order 11000: All civilians can be used for work under federal supervision.
Executive Order 11490: Establishes presidential control over all US citizens, businesses, and churches in time of "emergency."
Executive Order 12919: Directs various Cabinet officials to be constantly ready to take over virtually all aspects of the US economy during a State of National Emergency at the direction of the president.
Executive Order 13010: Directs FEMA to take control over all government agencies in time of emergency. FEMA is under control of executive branch of the government.
Executive Order 12656: "ASSIGNMENT OF EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS RESPONSIBILITIES", "A national emergency is any occurrence, including natural disaster, military attack, technological emergency, or other emergency that seriously degrades or seriously threatens the national security of the United States. Policy for national security emergency preparedness shall be established by the President." This order includes federal takeover of all local law enforcement agencies, wage and price controls, prohibits you from moving assets in or out of the United States, creates a draft, controls all travel in and out of the United States, and much more.
The Patriot Act
NDAA of 2012
The list could go on and on.....

Thought everyone would like to see these. Hitler used executive orders to take over germany, and now obomba will do the same. They have said congress does not matter, international organizations determine what this country does, and that our constitution is useless. Our country is so far in debt, we can never repay it, and they just keep printing money, so when the economy crashes, there is no return. Another four years of obomba doesnt just sacrifice our second amendment rights, (since the next president will appoint nearly half of the federal bench), it means the death of our rights of free americans, if we are not already over that threshhold, which I think we are! It will be up so us to stand up to these tyrrants, and take back what the founding fathers fought so hard to give to us.

neuroblades

Words of Thomas Jefferson, Remembered...

We all have heard or recognize the following quote from Thomas Jefferson:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure."

But how many are familiar with this quote of Jefferson's, in reference to Shays" Rebellion:

"Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusetts? And can history produce an instance of rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

To keep myself from saying anything that could be considered sedition/treason, all I'm going to say is; My Boyfriend and I are prepared to use all LEGAL means available to us, provided by the State Constitution to defend our home, lives, and property.

To say simply; our home is legally considered private property, and "No Trespassing" signs are clearly posted along all four corners of the land. With CCTV w/ sound able to record video and audio from within and outside the home, for use in a Federal/State district court.

Ya know, in case anything should have to happen to use rule of law in our favour to defend ourselves from anyone seeking us harm.

:3

neuroblades

To keep myself from saying anything that could be considered sedition/treason, all I'm going to say is; My Boyfriend and I are prepared to use all LEGAL means available to us, provided by the State Constitution to defend our home, lives, and property.

To say simply; our home is legally considered private property, and "No Trespassing" signs are clearly posted along all four corners of the land. With CCTV w/ sound able to record video and audio from within and outside the home, for use in a Federal/State district court.

Ya know, in case anything should have to happen to use rule of law in our favour to defend ourselves from anyone seeking us harm.

Well put, Drake!

KYKevin

I agree. Very well put.