• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this in bad taste

rotorhead

I totally agree with AS22. There's no way i would leave it in the car(assuming said chik-fil-a allows OC), especially at a party I was hosting. There's so many places I'm not allowed to carry that I often find myself going out of my way to carry when I can. I wish my base had an armory nearby outside the gates like i've heard some bases have, this would enable me to carry a bit more than I do! Applied for my CC about 3 weeks ago, check the mail everyday in anticipation...

Rotorhead also asked: "Simply put, why is it that you carry in the first place?
If you can be assured that none of the scenarios for which you carry will happen at that party, then you'll be good to go by leaving it in the car."

I don't carry expecting OK Corral or the zombie apocalypse to fallout, I carry simply because its my right to carry.

That's fair enough. People carry for many reasons and I support each one.

Personally, I carry with the expectation that something will happen which may force me to use the gun at some point. It's not a paranoid delusion or some kind of fear that the zombies will come lol, but it is a matter of preparing for the worst-case scenario. The right to carry is already established in my mind so I'm not so much carrying to exercise the right, but more to be prepared to defend myself if ever the occasion is required.

But that said, I can certainly agree with the thought that something will most likely not happen in most cases, and the exercising of one's rights is clearly a valid reason for carrying.

The Airframer

I'm not so much carrying to exercise the right, but more to be prepared to defend myself if ever the occasion is required.

Totally understandable! I was just stating that a reason really isn't needed to carry, although a zombie apocalypse would be fun given enough ammo!:banana:

MadGunner420

armysoldier22 I have heard about the hanus process law abiding citizens go through in mecklenburg county, the sheriff seriously needs to be removed from office there. I live in wake so sheriff harrison is good about getting it too you quickly, I have heard as fast as two weeks.=QUOTE]

Thats the truth, I waited 6 weeks to get my purchase permits when I dealt with Mech. county

Last edited: