• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

one more poll: should LEO get to decide restrictions on LAC's

MKEgal

Here's the article explaining (some of) the situation:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...concealedcarry-changes-md4fobn-142277075.html

First, straw purchases - buying a firearm for someone who is prohibited from possessing a firearm - are a misdemeanor on a state level, not a felony as they are on a federal level.

Second, the requirements for a gun permit ignore the reality of plea bargains. Many habitual criminals legally qualify for, and could obtain, a concealed-carry permit because they were never convicted of a felony for which they were charged.

... The third problem, police say, is that regardless of how many times people carry concealed without a permit - illegally - the offense never rises above a misdemeanor.
"The sanctions they face are not significant," [Chief] Flynn said.
The maximum penalty for ccw in WI is 9mo jail + $10K fine.
I'd call that significant.

Bear in mind also that DC is a misdemeanor.
Getting a misdemeanor in other states would count too.
So 1 DC charge for political activism + 2 moving violations on your vacation in TX, & BAM! you're no longer allowed to protect yourself discreetly, or protect yourself in a taxpayer-owned building, or protect yourself & your children while walking them to school.

Last edited:

FTG-05

Do you think Wisconsin's concealed carry law shoud be tightened to address the concerns of police?
Yes: 25%
No: 75%
Total Responses: 731

Aknazer

We're sorry, the page you're looking for can't be found.

Guess they didn't like the way it was going.

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
voted.

still

Yes (25%)
blu_grad_backgrnd_JSO.gif

No (75%)
blu_grad_backgrnd_JSO.gif

Total Responses: 759

Aknazer

Maybe it was because I was trying to view it from my phone yesterday. It worked for me from a real computer and it is now 26/74.

Dreamer

In Maryland over the last 3 years, EVERY single crime of violence committed by someone to carry was committed by an LEO, an elected official, or an officer of the court.

Not a single citizen with a MD Carry Permit was convicted of a crime of violence. In fact, there were not even any convictions for violent crimes by out-of-state permit holders (which aren't recognized in MD) in Maryland.

If anything, it should be the OTHER WAY AROUND in MD--Citizens should have a say on whether or not LEOs can carry when not on-duty, because according to the statistics, citizens are FAR less likely to commit violent crimes, are FAR more trustworthy, and are FAR more knowledgeable of (and observant of) the law than LEOs...

Just sayin'...

Last edited:

Aknazer

Yes it can. Vote in the current poll and then check the archived polls. This on is still active. Right now it is 76% no.

Read a couple posts down. I stated it worked for me from my comp and the issue might have jist been that I was on my phone. I also voted in the poll.