• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry Questions

HoosierBdog

Having just turned in my LTCH form, and doing my best to read up on laws, I'm left with a question to which I can't find an answer to.

I plan on carrying my S&W Sigma 9mm, and was wondering what the laws were regarding how many rounds could be held in the magazine, and if you are permitted to carry with a round in the chamber. I'd like to think I didn't skip over anything, but the answer has eluded me so I'm hoping I can find my answer here.

Best regards!

BowhuntnHoosier

In Indiana you absolutely can carry with one in the chamber. I hate carrying paper weights around. lol As for magazine capacity their are no restrictions on that. I normally carry 15+1 in my Glock 19 but I also have several 17 round mags along with a 33 rounder which are all completely legal in Indiana. Just remember to watch out for schools,daycares,government buildings. Make sure you check on where it is not legal to carry.

dcarlot1

I have just heard that there are a few towns in NWI (Gary and East Chicago) that now cap the number of bullets in a handgun to 10. This is not confirmed, but just wanted to give a heads up.

cce1302

I have just heard that there are a few towns in NWI (Gary and East Chicago) that now cap the number of bullets in a handgun to 10. This is not confirmed, but just wanted to give a heads up.

That is 100% false. Did you hear that in a gun store? Next time you see the guy who spreads that nonsense, tell him to cite the law or shut up.

I know it is false because IC 35-47-11.1-2 prohibits all political subdivisions (cities, counties, townships, etc) from regulating firearms, ammunition, and accessories. 11.1-3 voids all ordinances previously passed or passed in the future by political subdivisions that regulate firearms, ammunition, or accessories.