• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In re PayPal and firearms. PayPal Acceptable Use Policy 2. (i) demands a boycott.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?...ntent_ID=ua/AcceptableUse_full&locale.x=en_US
PayPal Acceptable Use Policy Last Update: Oct 24, 2011

You are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your actions related to your use of PayPal's services, regardless of the purpose of the use. In addition, you must adhere to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.
Prohibited Activities

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.

2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods (e) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (f) items that are considered obscene, (g) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (h) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (i) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (j) ,certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

[ ... ][my emphasis]

gunns

Is Paypal not allowing firearms purchasing because they are antigun or because the don't want any online fraud that may lead to illegal firearms sales? If you can find a company policy stating they are antigun then I am in, otherwise I am out. I like paypal

Stanley

2A aside. PayPal has a horrendous track record. One of the major complaints being that they will hold customers money for 6 months for nothing other than "it seems suspicious."

They've been sued multiple times. I avoid them. Though of someone else trusts them enough to hold their money I don't mind paying the person through the service...

gunns

2A aside. PayPal has a horrendous track record. One of the major complaints being that they will hold customers money for 6 months for nothing other than "it seems suspicious."

They've been sued multiple times. I avoid them. Though of someone else trusts them enough to hold their money I don't mind paying the person through the service...

I don't give them any money to hold, just use my credit card through their service to buy things. The credit card is limited to how much can be charged too.