• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 interesting articles about Open Carry, Pro and Con

NHCGRPR45

FTG-05

Is the TTAG site for or against gun control? I've never heard of them before. I haven't been able to read the articles yet since I'm at work.

Thanks,

griffin

The main takeaway: concealed carry is becoming a non-issue. Blood is not flowing in the streets from concealed carriers gone wild. So . . . nothing. Might as well let people—average folk—buy and carry guns.

It’s an important distinction. The increasing normalization of concealed carry isn’t about the [debatable] upside: lower crime rates and lives saved. It’s about the lack of a downside: no OK Corrals. The fact that the “debate” has moved from questions about concealed carry to a discussion about open carry reveals the pro-carry temper of the times—at least in states that have accepted armed citizens.

It’s no surprise that the same fantasy issues that bedeviled the concealed carry movement are now attached to open carry. Simply put, there are no new arguments to be made.
Agree.