Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Erik Scott's Family Drops the Lawsuit

  1. #1
    Regular Member TigerLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Polygammyville, Utah
    Posts
    138

    Erik Scott's Family Drops the Lawsuit

    http://www.lvrj.com/news/costco-shoo...Comments=y&c=y

    As a tremendous blow to me and the South Nevada community, Erik's dad, Bill Scott, had no choice but to drop the lawsuit against Metro. It's Gestapo's regime that took an innocent man - Erik Scott - to try, judge, and execute Erik with ZERO reasonable suspicion, ZERO probable cause, and ZERO due process.

    Gestapo Gillespie's trained dogs have gotten away with murder for the UMPTEENTH TIME. These pigs are still unleashed to continue to kidnap, maim, cage, torture, and execute WE THE PEOPLE.

    I'll report on this tonight, March 14, 2012, at 5pm Pacific time on http://freedomizerradio.com/.

    If you're away from your computer, you can listen to the show by calling: 347-324-3704.

    If you miss the show, check out the archive and look for:

    TigerLily's Freedom ROAR. : http://freedomizerradio.com/index.ph...=15&Itemid=269.

    Roaring in liberty - and raging in disgust,

    TigerLily
    YouTube OC activism vids: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ature=view_all
    TigerLily's Freedom ROAR Radio show
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/TLRoar/
    Blog: http://tlroar.blogspot.com/
    http://guerrillalawfare.com/
    http://tigerlilsblog.blogspot.com/
    I don't ride to be safe, I ride to be free.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    I couldn't believe it. I honestly don't see how qualified immunity wouldn't let this see the inside of a court room.

    I'm suspicious about what deals were made to drop this lawsuit.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  3. #3
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    How many times has this point of the COSTCO policy been debated here? "One employee noticed Scott was carrying a gun in his waistband. Although Scott had a legal permit to carry the weapon when concealed, the employee told him the [COSTCO]store did not allow weapons inside." We must never forget. My condolences and my sympathies to the family.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    What is your point, Heckler? No one has ever disputed those facts, so what exactly are you implying?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    What is your point, Heckler? No one has ever disputed those facts, so what exactly are you implying?
    I think Doug is attempting to imply that he is smarter than everyone else on OCDO.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510
    Sad, but perhaps an inevitable reality of the stacked deck.

  7. #7
    Regular Member TigerLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Polygammyville, Utah
    Posts
    138

    Bill Scott's first indepth interview on why he dropped the lawsuit

    You can hear Bill Scott's unedited interview in the last 20 minutes of TigerLily's Freedom ROAR dated 3/14/2012

    http://freedomizerradio.com/index.ph...=15&Itemid=269

    I will be producing an edited you-tube over the weekend.
    YouTube OC activism vids: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ature=view_all
    TigerLily's Freedom ROAR Radio show
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/TLRoar/
    Blog: http://tlroar.blogspot.com/
    http://guerrillalawfare.com/
    http://tigerlilsblog.blogspot.com/
    I don't ride to be safe, I ride to be free.

  8. #8
    Regular Member punisherprice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    92
    my brother works at that Costco, and the story was quite different than what Erik's family was pushing. I also studied this shooting very thoroughly in my crime class. He was a morphine addict, which was why the military booted him. He wasn't a war hero, never served overseas. He was caught in costco trying to steal beer while under the influence of 4x the normal amount of morphine that would sit any thing on two legs down. The security guard seen the gun in his waistband and moved all the shoppers outside without giving them an explanation so they wouldn't panic. Being curious, the shoppers waited around the main entrance outside until LEO's showed. Scott then came outside and when told to get on the ground, he then reached for his firearm. There was at least 20 people behind the cops and even if Scott fired one round, it couldve hit anyone. They fired several rounds but due to morphine, he remained on his feet. Metro was damned if they did, damned if they dont. If they decided to taser scott, and he managed to squeeze off a round killing an 8 year old, Metro would still be crucified in trying to act accordingly. He also had 3 magazines of .380acp in his pockets, and one in his firearm. I carry 5 in the cylinder and 25 on my belt, but four mags? IMHO i feel this was a suicide-by-cop sorta thing. I just didnt like how they blew him up to be the next Audie Murphy, and he was really nobody. The family agreed to drop the case if all legal fees were dropped also. They knew they had nothing to go on. Know when to quit.
    "Si vis pacem parabellum" - If you want peace, Prepare for war.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    my brother works at that Costco, and the story was quite different than what Erik's family was pushing. I also studied this shooting very thoroughly in my crime class. He was a morphine addict, which was why the military booted him. He wasn't a war hero, never served overseas.
    Are you implying that any of that was information that either Costco or the LE used to make decisions?

    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice
    He was caught in costco trying to steal beer while under the influence of 4x the normal amount of morphine that would sit any thing on two legs down.
    So far, you are the ONLY one to bring that tidbit to the table. Is it your claim that such information was withheld from the public for some reason?

    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice
    The security guard seen the gun in his waistband and moved all the shoppers outside without giving them an explanation so they wouldn't panic. Being curious, the shoppers waited around the main entrance outside until LEO's showed. Scott then came outside and when told to get on the ground, he then reached for his firearm. There was at least 20 people behind the cops and even if Scott fired one round, it couldve hit anyone. They fired several rounds but due to morphine, he remained on his feet. Metro was damned if they did, damned if they dont. If they decided to taser scott, and he managed to squeeze off a round killing an 8 year old, Metro would still be crucified in trying to act accordingly. He also had 3 magazines of .380acp in his pockets, and one in his firearm. I carry 5 in the cylinder and 25 on my belt, but four mags? IMHO i feel this was a suicide-by-cop sorta thing. I just didnt like how they blew him up to be the next Audie Murphy, and he was really nobody. The family agreed to drop the case if all legal fees were dropped also. They knew they had nothing to go on. Know when to quit.
    I simple doubt your version of events, as it is at odds with all accounts I have read. Sounds as if your brother is presenting a view of events quite different than what was presented by media.

    Seriously? Stealing beer at CostCo?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  10. #10
    Regular Member usmcmustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV & Southern Utah
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    I also studied this shooting very thoroughly in my crime class.
    Your crime class... may I ask what vocation you are pursuing? And... did all the "facts" you have so eloquently described in your disertation here make themselves know in your class? What can you ascribe those "facts" to... just what you and your brother discussed over a Sunday dinner? I, too, have followed this case quite closely and some of what you have "divulged" seems really farfetched... so farfetched as to call into question any veracity you may have had heretofore.

    The principal reason the plaintiffs in this case have given up their suit does not call into question their positions on the "truth" of what they believe occurred... it is simply a principal of "qualified immunity" by the defendants... a defense that seems favorable in most jurisdictions (including SCOTA), and one that is almost non-refutable. That's where we are with police shootings... they (the police) have qualified immunity when it comes to alleging/attempting to prove most any civil rights violation. It seems the courts believe that cops can take a citizen's life, no matter the situation/circumstance, and still not violate that citizen's civil right(s).

    Other than that, your post is pretty much laughable in its description of "what happened."

  11. #11
    Regular Member punisherprice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    92
    Wow...you guys are making me all warm and fuzzy inside, even though its pouring outside.
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...scription-dru/ here's one of his toxicology reports.

    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...ing-justified/ , aimed weapon at LEO's, dude claimed he was special forces, but never served overseas.
    "Si vis pacem parabellum" - If you want peace, Prepare for war.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    Wow...you guys are making me all warm and fuzzy inside, even though its pouring outside.
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...scription-dru/ here's one of his toxicology reports.

    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...ing-justified/ , aimed weapon at LEO's, dude claimed he was special forces, but never served overseas.
    Has ANYONE disputed his toxicology? No. Go read my statements. His morphine level wasn't information that was available to le at the scene, yet you claim it was part of the decision process.

    Is there some specific portion of those articles that you feel supports the statements you made?
    Last edited by wrightme; 03-17-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  13. #13
    Regular Member usmcmustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV & Southern Utah
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    Wow...you guys are making me all warm and fuzzy inside, even though its pouring outside.
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...scription-dru/ here's one of his toxicology reports.

    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...ing-justified/ , aimed weapon at LEO's, dude claimed he was special forces, but never served overseas.
    Okay... I really hesitate to respond since it seems that YOU believe perhaps being addicted to prescription pain killers and anti-anxiety meds and perhaps over-exaggerating one's military prowess is justifiable grounds for one to be shot and killed by police... or better said perhaps, it gives more reason for the police to kill. So... be careful of getting "hooked" on prescription pain killers... no matter your pain... and if you suffer from anxiety, make sure you don't tell your doctor... he may prescribe an anti-anxiety med... and for god's sake, don't embellish or tell "war stories" as regards your military stint. Cops are out there to KILL you.

  14. #14
    Regular Member punisherprice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    92
    I believe it would highly alter his logic, and actions. Obviously it did. Most people who have an IQ above 10 know not to point a gun at a cop. He was acting belligerent and was spotted shoplifting. The cops were then called after the security guard intervened and seen the gun. The media also didn't help this whole thing. They made it a 'War hero shot to death for just wanting to enter costco' sorta thing. My teacher, who has a CJ degree from SUU, looked at both sides of this shooting. He left it open for us to decide, but He was leaning toward it being justified. A lot of people in his own family knew of his drug problems but did nothing. Then they go after Costco? Why didnt they go after Federal or Speer gold dot for their bullets killing Scott?
    "Si vis pacem parabellum" - If you want peace, Prepare for war.

  15. #15
    Regular Member punisherprice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcmustang View Post
    Okay... I really hesitate to respond since it seems that YOU believe perhaps being addicted to prescription pain killers and anti-anxiety meds and perhaps over-exaggerating one's military prowess is justifiable grounds for one to be shot and killed by police... or better said perhaps, it gives more reason for the police to kill. So... be careful of getting "hooked" on prescription pain killers... no matter your pain... and if you suffer from anxiety, make sure you don't tell your doctor... he may prescribe an anti-anxiety med... and for god's sake, don't embellish or tell "war stories" as regards your military stint. Cops are out there to KILL you.
    Obviously you don't like LEO's, so this discussion is over. Look at stories from both sides. Right when you said Cops are out there to kill you, anything previously said goes out the window. Hugely biased. And arguing so your point is made is not why i posted on here, but to inform that this guy isnt a saint. You keep bringing up him being shot for being under the influence, him pulling his gun out and aiming at the police is a sure way to get dead, very quickly. We always talk about self-defense, you come home to a guy in your house, you pull your gun and tell him to lay down. He pulls his gun. Im guessing you would rather try to talk him down while he's slinging rounds at you
    "Si vis pacem parabellum" - If you want peace, Prepare for war.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    I believe it would highly alter his logic, and actions. Obviously it did. Most people who have an IQ above 10 know not to point a gun at a cop.
    It was in a holster.

    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice
    He was acting belligerent and was spotted shoplifting.
    Not according to the articles.


    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice
    The cops were then called after the security guard intervened and seen the gun. The media also didn't help this whole thing. They made it a 'War hero shot to death for just wanting to enter costco' sorta thing. My teacher, who has a CJ degree from SUU, looked at both sides of this shooting. He left it open for us to decide, but He was leaning toward it being justified. A lot of people in his own family knew of his drug problems but did nothing. Then they go after Costco? Why didnt they go after Federal or Speer gold dot for their bullets killing Scott?
    Because the ammunition and firearms manufacturers weren't a party to the killing. But, Costco and lv metro were.


    As near as I can tell the media gave an unbiased view that shared as much factual information as was available.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  17. #17
    Regular Member punisherprice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    92
    The officer said the gun came out from his back and out toward the cops. Then asked why he still shot because it was still in the holster. The quote of this is in the jury shooting justified link. I imagine he pulled out his gun WITH the holster too. Like those holsters that have a metal clip to the waistband. Paddle holsters? idk what they're called. He was obviously not thinking straight and grabbed and pulled his holster and gun of his waistband and aimed a holstered gun at the police....if that makes sense....
    "Si vis pacem parabellum" - If you want peace, Prepare for war.

  18. #18
    Regular Member usmcmustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV & Southern Utah
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    I believe it would highly alter his logic, and actions. Obviously it did. Most people who have an IQ above 10 know not to point a gun at a cop. He was acting belligerent and was spotted shoplifting. The cops were then called after the security guard intervened and seen the gun. The media also didn't help this whole thing. They made it a 'War hero shot to death for just wanting to enter costco' sorta thing. My teacher, who has a CJ degree from SUU, looked at both sides of this shooting. He left it open for us to decide, but He was leaning toward it being justified. A lot of people in his own family knew of his drug problems but did nothing. Then they go after Costco? Why didnt they go after Federal or Speer gold dot for their bullets killing Scott?
    Shoplifting, huh? Where did that come from? What "shoplifted" items were recovered from his effects? My recollection is that he was attempting to "separate" a singular bottle of water from its crate of many... and that is "interpreted" as shoplifting? YOU and others believe this shooting was just honky-dorey and that police were justified in taking this person's life because ??? Without the presence of the police, was this individual a threat to others... or the police for that matter? Please ponder that question. But ... no amount of postings on this or any other forum is gonna make any difference to Eric Scott... I heard he died.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    Obviously you don't like LEO's, so this discussion is over. Look at stories from both sides. Right when you said Cops are out there to kill you, anything previously said goes out the window. Hugely biased. And arguing so your point is made is not why i posted on here, but to inform that this guy isnt a saint. You keep bringing up him being shot for being under the influence, him pulling his gun out and aiming at the police is a sure way to get dead, very quickly. We always talk about self-defense, you come home to a guy in your house, you pull your gun and tell him to lay down. He pulls his gun. Im guessing you would rather try to talk him down while he's slinging rounds at you
    You should do that too. According to other accounts, he received conflicting commands from LE, and presented his holstered firearm, and was shot.


    He didn't pull a firearm and aim it at police.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    The officer said the gun came out from his back and out toward the cops. Then asked why he still shot because it was still in the holster. The quote of this is in the jury shooting justified link. I imagine he pulled out his gun WITH the holster too. Like those holsters that have a metal clip to the waistband. Paddle holsters? idk what they're called. He was obviously not thinking straight and grabbed and pulled his holster and gun of his waistband and aimed a holstered gun at the police....if that makes sense....
    Nothing indicates he did what you claim.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  21. #21
    Regular Member usmcmustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV & Southern Utah
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Nothing indicates he did what you claim.
    But that doesn't matter to this poster because he will "defend" cops and those who "defend" cops because he IS a cop or one who believes cops must always be "defended" and "legitimized." He will go to great lengths to contrive stories and situations that make the cops out to be always righteous, moral, and "smart." That's just the way things are...

  22. #22
    Regular Member punisherprice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    92
    This guy is good! Not really. I have no issues with police nor do i absolutely love them. I've had both positive and negative situations with them. I guess noone's account is actually factual. It also said in one of links that this shooting had one of the most eyewitnesses in over a number of shootings. The shooting took place in the entrance which is cornered by the whole parking lot. If you were looking basically in any direction, you couldve seen it. And it says clearly in the text that he aimed his weapon. Its cut and dry. I wouldnt have let him come around his back with it.
    "Si vis pacem parabellum" - If you want peace, Prepare for war.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcmustang View Post
    But that doesn't matter to this poster because he will "defend" cops and those who "defend" cops because he IS a cop or one who believes cops must always be "defended" and "legitimized." He will go to great lengths to contrive stories and situations that make the cops out to be always righteous, moral, and "smart." That's just the way things are...
    Yes, but at least by pointing out the obvious flaws in his arguments, his points are invalidated for others to read.

    And, as he resorted to the ad-hominem argument against you instead of refuting your position with facts, he admitted he had an indefensible position.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    This guy is good! Not really. I have no issues with police nor do i absolutely love them. I've had both positive and negative situations with them. I guess noone's account is actually factual. It also said in one of links that this shooting had one of the most eyewitnesses in over a number of shootings. The shooting took place in the entrance which is cornered by the whole parking lot. If you were looking basically in any direction, you couldve seen it. And it says clearly in the text that he aimed his weapon. Its cut and dry. I wouldnt have let him come around his back with it.
    What text, and where? WHO claims that he aimed his weapon? HOW does anyone 'aim' a weapon while it is inside the holster?

    An honest evaluation of the facts is that he attempted to disarm, and that was a bad time to do such. NOTHING indicates that he aimed his weapon.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    my brother works at that Costco, and the story was quite different than what Erik's family was pushing. I also studied this shooting very thoroughly in my crime class. He was a morphine addict, which was why the military booted him. He wasn't a war hero, never served overseas. He was caught in costco trying to steal beer while under the influence of 4x the normal amount of morphine that would sit any thing on two legs down. The security guard seen the gun in his waistband and moved all the shoppers outside without giving them an explanation so they wouldn't panic. Being curious, the shoppers waited around the main entrance outside until LEO's showed. Scott then came outside and when told to get on the ground, he then reached for his firearm. There was at least 20 people behind the cops and even if Scott fired one round, it couldve hit anyone. They fired several rounds but due to morphine, he remained on his feet. Metro was damned if they did, damned if they dont. If they decided to taser scott, and he managed to squeeze off a round killing an 8 year old, Metro would still be crucified in trying to act accordingly. He also had 3 magazines of .380acp in his pockets, and one in his firearm. I carry 5 in the cylinder and 25 on my belt, but four mags? IMHO i feel this was a suicide-by-cop sorta thing. I just didnt like how they blew him up to be the next Audie Murphy, and he was really nobody. The family agreed to drop the case if all legal fees were dropped also. They knew they had nothing to go on. Know when to quit.


    Yeah, because that's how real life is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •