• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why the truth matters more than you think. How Do You Kill 11 Million People?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hPtYPMHwc9s

http://www.11millionvotes.com/

Andrews issues a wake-up call to voters across the political spectrum: become informed, passionate citizens who demand honesty and integrity from our leaders, or suffer the consequences of our own ignorance and apathy. Furthermore, we can no longer measure a leader’s worth by the yardsticks provided by the left or the right. Instead, we must use an unchanging standard: the pure, unvarnished truth.
Believe nothing that you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting worldview.

Like the gun on your hip, here is another tool to be used, abused or forgotten, as YOU wish.

WOD

I've known about this for some time, and I've always thought that voting was a way to change this trend. Sadly though, those who want to be elected, aren't always the people who should be elected. I recognized that as an American citizen, that voting once a year, or once every other year, or once every four years, wasn't what it's all about. There may have been a time when that was sufficient, but not anymore. I became more involved in issues, I began e-mailing my representatives and senators. I added my name to numerous petitions, on many different topics of concern, and I continue to do so. This still... is not enough, and I have to recognize that it is more than just being active. I am going to have to be physically present in my local affairs, and participate in my local governance, e-mails and phone calls are no longer sufficient.

Just being here in this forum, isn't sufficient participation, I have to Carry outside, in the real world, and that is the participation angle I'm referencing. In here, chances are that I'm "preaching to the choir", but we need to do more than just show up on Sunday, and voting days. That is how we influence our elected officials. Politicians are great liars, and skilled manipulators, and love to talk, but unless we call them out constantly, they'll just keep doing what they've gotten away with all along. Brand A or Brand B, do not serve our interests anymore, but serve the interests of Corporations, Finance Industries, or a select minority of Special Interests. One candidate can't change a whole system, and even if we can change every current incumbent, it will take four years to happen, giving the first generation time to be corrupted by the current membership. That is, if we let them...

jbone

Looks like a good book, luckily I've already figured it out so I don't need to spend money I don't have, thanks to a bunch of boobs overly trusting of head boob Obama. But it's not just Obama; every one of them will sell us out for personal gain, or party line.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
Looks like a good book, luckily I've already figured it out so I don't need to spend money I don't have, thanks to a bunch of boobs overly trusting of head boob Obama. But it's not just Obama; every one of them will sell us out for personal gain, or party line.

Almost every one. Ron Paul has never voted for an unconstitutional law. Its been some time since a long-term congressman could say that with a straight face.

I've read How Do You Kill 11 Million People?. Best short read in a while, thanks.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I wrote somewhere else, I thought here, that the book is not for us, you, y'all and I, but for the others, the sheeple eager followers unskeptical credulous ...

gunns

I read it, I liked it. So take the most depraved of our current leaders, does that mean those areas of the country are the most depraved? Look at Pelosi, "You have to pass it before you know whats in it" or her hateful attacks on everyone not like her. Does that mean SF is that bad too?