Thread: MWAG in Umatilla: "So what?"

MWAG in Umatilla: "So what?"

Shared from:

http://www.copblock.org/13904/so-what/

So what?
    Posted on March 13, 2012.

I just had to share a story. In the city of Umatilla, in Umatilla County Oregon. I was open carrying when I stopped to gas up my bike. I was inside the store waiting in line to pay for my fuel. A Umatilla County Deputy entered the store and got in line to purchase a sandwich at the Subway Shop that was inside the same market. I over heard a lady tell the Deputy in a quiet voice “That man in the motorcycle jacket has a gun on his side”. I braced myself for whatever was going to come next. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the Deputy look my way then turn back to the lady and said ” So?”. She looked all flustered but walked back to her seat and sat down with her companions. I looked directly at the Deputy at that point and just smiled. He was looking at me smiling and just shook his head and went back to what he was doing. I did not get his name, I took my good luck with me and left the store. Thanks for being a good guy Deputy!

- Mike

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Got to love it when people are whispering so loudly that you can hear everything they say. Good on the deputy for having the perfect response.

Campaign Veteran
    Good job deputy.

It would have been nice if the sheriff would have actually said something more for educational purposes. Something like 'It's legal for most people to carry a gun". This just drives home that we all have that right. I always read about people calling MWAG's, but seem to never follow back up with the original complaintant explaining that what they were doing is completely legal.
    Last edited by Puddin99; 03-15-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Shared from:

http://www.copblock.org/13904/so-what/

So what?
    Posted on March 13, 2012.

I just had to share a story. In the city of Umatilla, in Umatilla County Oregon. I was open carrying when I stopped to gas up my bike. I was inside the store waiting in line to pay for my fuel. A Umatilla County Deputy entered the store and got in line to purchase a sandwich at the Subway Shop that was inside the same market. I over heard a lady tell the Deputy in a quiet voice “That man in the motorcycle jacket has a gun on his side”. I braced myself for whatever was going to come next. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the Deputy look my way then turn back to the lady and said ” So?”. She looked all flustered but walked back to her seat and sat down with her companions. I looked directly at the Deputy at that point and just smiled. He was looking at me smiling and just shook his head and went back to what he was doing. I did not get his name, I took my good luck with me and left the store. Thanks for being a good guy Deputy!

- Mike
    And this is the way MOST MWAG calls should go down.....
    MWAG reported
    Observation of no criminal/suspicious activity
    And no interference of your lawful activity!!!!!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Item 1: And What would you expect to happen in Umatilla?

Item 2: The Deputy's answer was perfect for the situation.."so?" says all that needs be said at the time. Just Perfect.