• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MWAG in Umatilla: "So what?"

KBCraig

Shared from:

http://www.copblock.org/13904/so-what/

So what?
Posted on March 13, 2012.

I just had to share a story. In the city of Umatilla, in Umatilla County Oregon. I was open carrying when I stopped to gas up my bike. I was inside the store waiting in line to pay for my fuel. A Umatilla County Deputy entered the store and got in line to purchase a sandwich at the Subway Shop that was inside the same market. I over heard a lady tell the Deputy in a quiet voice “That man in the motorcycle jacket has a gun on his side”. I braced myself for whatever was going to come next. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the Deputy look my way then turn back to the lady and said ” So?”. She looked all flustered but walked back to her seat and sat down with her companions. I looked directly at the Deputy at that point and just smiled. He was looking at me smiling and just shook his head and went back to what he was doing. I did not get his name, I took my good luck with me and left the store. Thanks for being a good guy Deputy!

- Mike

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Got to love it when people are whispering so loudly that you can hear everything they say. Good on the deputy for having the perfect response.

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
Good job deputy.

It would have been nice if the sheriff would have actually said something more for educational purposes. Something like 'It's legal for most people to carry a gun". This just drives home that we all have that right. I always read about people calling MWAG's, but seem to never follow back up with the original complaintant explaining that what they were doing is completely legal.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Shared from:

http://www.copblock.org/13904/so-what/

So what?
Posted on March 13, 2012.

I just had to share a story. In the city of Umatilla, in Umatilla County Oregon. I was open carrying when I stopped to gas up my bike. I was inside the store waiting in line to pay for my fuel. A Umatilla County Deputy entered the store and got in line to purchase a sandwich at the Subway Shop that was inside the same market. I over heard a lady tell the Deputy in a quiet voice “That man in the motorcycle jacket has a gun on his side”. I braced myself for whatever was going to come next. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the Deputy look my way then turn back to the lady and said ” So?”. She looked all flustered but walked back to her seat and sat down with her companions. I looked directly at the Deputy at that point and just smiled. He was looking at me smiling and just shook his head and went back to what he was doing. I did not get his name, I took my good luck with me and left the store. Thanks for being a good guy Deputy!

- Mike

And this is the way MOST MWAG calls should go down.....
MWAG reported
Observation of no criminal/suspicious activity
And no interference of your lawful activity!!!!!

hermannr

Item 1: And What would you expect to happen in Umatilla?

Item 2: The Deputy's answer was perfect for the situation.."so?" says all that needs be said at the time. Just Perfect.