Thread: New Pro Self Defense Radio Personality

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

New Pro Self Defense Radio Personality

Richmond, Virginia's loss is Detroit's gain.

My long time favorite talk show host Doc Thompson recently moved to your area. He was a true friend here for years promoting RKBA, attended our dinners, picnics etc. and gave anti-politicians a fit with his straight talk. Ask him and he will give you air time to explain your positions and get the word out to others. Get to know him.

He's on in the 3-6 PM time slot at 1270 WXYT-AM

Doc Thompson
    WXYT-AM
    (248) 855-5100

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/03/...fternoon-host/

You can stream him online: http://player.radio.com/player/Radio...507&station=57
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Thank you Grapeshot, thats certainly a good bit of info to have.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Thank you Grapeshot, thats certainly a good bit of info to have.
    He is the real deal - could do worse than to get to know him, let him know what is going on in and around the area.

VCDL president and others have had live interviews numerous times, also debates with antis on the air -sure there must have been some time delay. Doc would plug our events, dinners, picnics, Lobby Day etc. without hesitation.

The "doctor is in the house" would always signify the start of his show.

Miss him - we want him back!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    I posted a welcome comment. Let him know that MI is a very active gun state, and sent him MSP#86 so that he could get a ballpark idea of whats going on, so he isnt totally caught off guard when it comes up.

Banned
    I dont see the comment yet. Maybe it has to be approved.

I spent several weeks touring around Virginia a couple of years ago. It was wonderful. Detroit, not so much. Why did he move from VA to The D? I'd work for less money just to live in VA.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Richmond, Virginia's loss is Detroit's gain.

My long time favorite talk show host Doc Thompson recently moved to your area. He was a true friend here for years promoting RKBA, attended our dinners, picnics etc. and gave anti-politicians a fit with his straight talk. Ask him and he will give you air time to explain your positions and get the word out to others. Get to know him.

He's on in the 3-6 PM time slot at 1270 WXYT-AM

Doc Thompson
    WXYT-AM
    (248) 855-5100

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/03/...fternoon-host/

You can stream him online: http://player.radio.com/player/Radio...507&station=57
    True that, he was one of the speakers we booked for the 2A March we organized in DC in 2010. He seemed to have a good time.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I spent several weeks touring around Virginia a couple of years ago. It was wonderful. Detroit, not so much. Why did he move from VA to The D? I'd work for less money just to live in VA.
    He got married and while he was on vacation he got "released" - they cut expenses by hiring new cheaper I think- he spent several months in Cincinnati I think. The Detroit market is considerably larger than Richmond's - so all in all was a good career move.

I really think that it's possible that he'll have his own nationally syndicated show one day. Maybe he will be able to come back to Virgina and do it from here.

darn, out of range in Ann Arbor..

And definitely out of range in the Lansing area. Are shows archived for listening to later?
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Thumbs up

Thank You Grapeshot! Your loss is our gain! 1270 is one of my set channels and Charley Langton is a Facebook Friend. Two smart guys in the D is always welcome!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

I just called the station at the number provided and the receptionist has never heard of Doc Thompson.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I just called the station at the number provided and the receptionist has never heard of Doc Thompson.
    What can I tell you? The original phone number ((248) 855-5100) was taken from their site.
    Here's some additional contact info:

On-air caller line: (248) 356-1270 | Off-air feedback line: (248) 455-7343

Doc Thompson

Weekdays 3 – 6 pm
    Facebook | TWITTER
    http://detroit.cbslocal.com/station/...-1270-am-wxyt/

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I tuned in at 5:50pm today,just in time to hear him.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

I heard him also, good show!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    I heard him also, good show!
    While listening to his show today(discussion on Jackson County vote to allow employees to cc while at work),I went on his Facebook page and invited him to join MOC Inc. and MCRGO! I thanked him for speaking my mind! It's good to hear another Pro-Common Sense Pro 2A voice here in MI!CARRY ON!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    and invited him to join MOC Inc. and MCRGO!
    Now thats a good idea. It should become a standard operating procedure to try to get the media, and politicians to join us.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 03-20-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Now thats a good idea. It should become a standard operating procedure to try to get the media, and politicians to join us.
    Conservative talk radio host in Battle Creek, MI: http://www.renkandfile.com/Default.aspx?c=

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to invite him to local OC events.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by AAMitch View Post
    darn, out of range in Ann Arbor..
    you can listen live, from their website:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/station/...-1270-am-wxyt/

and if you have an android phone/tablet, you can use the "tune in radio" app to listen live also.