Thread: *sigh* It never ends with the Anti's, does it?

*sigh* It never ends with the Anti's, does it?

Woke up this morning for my usual breakfast & news browsing. Checked the local "paper" (ie liberal anti-walker toilet wipe known as the Stevens Point Journal) and see this as their main headline:

http://www.stevenspointjournal.com/a...text|FRONTPAGE

Local law enforcement officials support several changes to the state's new concealed-carry law suggested earlier this week by Milwaukee police.

The proposed changes -- aimed at preventing repeat criminals from obtaining concealed-carry permits -- would ban people with at least three misdemeanor convictions in five years from receiving a permit, and change how people are punished if they are caught multiple times carrying a concealed gun without a permit.

Barring people with multiple convictions -- called habitual offenders -- is an idea that makes sense when you look at who those offenders typically are, Portage County Sheriff John Charewicz said.

To me this is step Number One in getting rid of OC/CC & guns in general in this state. If they can get our government to agree that certain people can have permits denied then they could usher in new laws under the same premise to rid the state of Open Carry and buying/selling guns without a FFL.

And of course the "only cops should have guns" police/sheriffs are the only opinions that matter in this f*cking liberal azz town... I'm about three steps from moving out of this state completely.

Herr Heckler Koch
    This one self-defense genie that won't go back into his bottle. It's a bell of freedom that will not be un-rung.

"Hello, I am Occifer Friendly, here to enforce the Bonavia Act."

Do you want to live in that world?

So what if "habitual criminals" can't get a cc license?
    They'll still carry, even concealed.

The only part of their proposal I could agree with is bringing WI law in line w/ Federal in re straw purchasing, but people could also be turned over to the feds for prosecution. Besides, it can't be easy to prove or there would be more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

No it will never end.

Stupidity is infinite.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    So what if "habitual criminals" can't get a cc license?
    They'll still carry, even concealed.

The only part of their proposal I could agree with is bringing WI law in line w/ Federal in re straw purchasing, but people could also be turned over to the feds for prosecution. Besides, it can't be easy to prove or there would be more convictions.
    The key is that the prosecutors keep plea bargaining, so it doesn't matter how many felonies one gets charged with, if the prosecutor turns them all into misdemeanors, the system won't work!

The answer is not more felonies, just more enforcement of the existing laws.

"You can't fix stupid" Forrest Gump.

But if you ever find out how, it helps to keep a list handy of people you want to fix.

Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 03-15-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma
    But if you ever find out how, it helps to keep a list handy of people you want to fix.
    I was going to say something like "they're usually found on ballots or bloviating in news stories (see example above)", but I'm pretty sure someone could manage to twist something like that into being a threat of some sort, so I won't say anything like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.