• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

*sigh* It never ends with the Anti's, does it?

anmut

Woke up this morning for my usual breakfast & news browsing. Checked the local "paper" (ie liberal anti-walker toilet wipe known as the Stevens Point Journal) and see this as their main headline:

http://www.stevenspointjournal.com/...-offenders?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Local law enforcement officials support several changes to the state's new concealed-carry law suggested earlier this week by Milwaukee police.

The proposed changes -- aimed at preventing repeat criminals from obtaining concealed-carry permits -- would ban people with at least three misdemeanor convictions in five years from receiving a permit, and change how people are punished if they are caught multiple times carrying a concealed gun without a permit.

Barring people with multiple convictions -- called habitual offenders -- is an idea that makes sense when you look at who those offenders typically are, Portage County Sheriff John Charewicz said.

To me this is step Number One in getting rid of OC/CC & guns in general in this state. If they can get our government to agree that certain people can have permits denied then they could usher in new laws under the same premise to rid the state of Open Carry and buying/selling guns without a FFL.

And of course the "only cops should have guns" police/sheriffs are the only opinions that matter in this f*cking liberal azz town... I'm about three steps from moving out of this state completely.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

This one self-defense genie that won't go back into his bottle. It's a bell of freedom that will not be un-rung.

"Hello, I am Occifer Friendly, here to enforce the Bonavia Act."

Do you want to live in that world?

MKEgal

So what if "habitual criminals" can't get a cc license?
They'll still carry, even concealed.

The only part of their proposal I could agree with is bringing WI law in line w/ Federal in re straw purchasing, but people could also be turned over to the feds for prosecution. Besides, it can't be easy to prove or there would be more convictions.

paul@paul-fisher.com

So what if "habitual criminals" can't get a cc license?
They'll still carry, even concealed.

The only part of their proposal I could agree with is bringing WI law in line w/ Federal in re straw purchasing, but people could also be turned over to the feds for prosecution. Besides, it can't be easy to prove or there would be more convictions.

The key is that the prosecutors keep plea bargaining, so it doesn't matter how many felonies one gets charged with, if the prosecutor turns them all into misdemeanors, the system won't work!

The answer is not more felonies, just more enforcement of the existing laws.

PistolPackingMomma

But if you ever find out how, it helps to keep a list handy of people you want to fix.

:lol:

Last edited:

MKEgal

PistolPackingMomma said:
But if you ever find out how, it helps to keep a list handy of people you want to fix. :lol:
I was going to say something like "they're usually found on ballots or bloviating in news stories (see example above)", but I'm pretty sure someone could manage to twist something like that into being a threat of some sort, so I won't say anything like that. :rolleyes: