Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 253

Thread: I have seen the light, Republicans ARE EVIL...

  1. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lewis Center, OH
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    That's an old phrase. I doubt most young people have heard it.

    You'd have to translate it to misspelled, short attention span pseudo-l337 speak.

    rbd f 1s vir2

    Or something like that.

  2. #27
    Regular Member Stanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfJefferson View Post
    You'd have to translate it to misspelled, short attention span pseudo-l337 speak.

    rbd f 1s vir2

    Or something like that.
    I just choked lol
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

  3. #28
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    530
    I've started doing the free courses with Hilllsdale College a week ago. I'm not too far in, but I was skipping around a bit, as well, to get an idea of how the information is presented.

    I find the professors of the school to lean much more federalist, as opposed to anti-federalist. Also, they seem to take pride in the fact that most of their students fought for the Union during the Civil War.

    From watching, it seems the professors "get off" when talking about the federalist papers, and they seem to only mention, briefly, that the anti-federalist papers even exist. Maybe it's just my inner Jefferson coming out. Maybe I'm just bias because I think the Constitution was hurt by the Federalists. The government can interpret the Constitution/Bill of Rights almost anyway they want, there's a big fail.

    I'll keep chugging on these courses when I get more time, they're easy to follow, at least. This courses are interesting, regardless of my views, thanks letting us know about them.

  4. #29
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    7,781
    Mandates?....don't talk about mandates.....you kidding me?....mandates?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

    It's never about the mandates....it is always about the anti-liberty state sanctions for non-compliance.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

  5. #30
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    [snip]

    It's never about the mandates....it is always about the anti-liberty state sanctions for non-compliance.
    So, if the mandate had no teeth then it would cease to be anti-Liberty? I think we're on-to something here!
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 03-16-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  6. #31
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    7,781
    I desire a mandate that only South Carolina BBQ style sauce be made available. If you do not like SC style BBQ sauce, the sanction is a bland plate of pulled pork....a fate worse than death in my view.

    Though, you have a point, mandates without sanctions for non-compliance are not anti-liberty. If the state does nothing due to non-compliance the state can not deny liberty.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

  7. #32
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I desire a mandate that only South Carolina BBQ style sauce be made available. If you do not like SC style BBQ sauce, the sanction is a bland plate of pulled pork....a fate worse than death in my view.

    Though, you have a point, mandates without sanctions for non-compliance are not anti-liberty. If the state does nothing due to non-compliance the state can not deny liberty.
    I like Kansas city BBQ. I have never tasted South Carolina BBQ.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  8. #33
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,720
    In regards too people who repeat the "two sides, same coin" mantra in whichever way, there is truth to it. However what the republican party is SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT, more closely reflects the principles I find important. Ron Paul is a republican for that reason.

    It's up too us to stay on their asses and make sure they're properly representing us. It's hard enough though to keep track of local political hacks, let alone what federal reps are doing, but "freedom isn't free". It's up too us to pay attention and force the party to stay on the right track, instead of slipping into the corrupting influence of the ruling class establishment. Throwing up your hands and giving up, or joining a team that isn't even in the game is what the ruling class want you too do. Don't give those a$$holes the satisfaction.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  9. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,560

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    A mandate is not force. A mandate is a mandate. You can't be forced to comply with a mandate, you can be fined or imprisoned for not complying with the mandate.
    ^This is why you are widely suspected of huffing aerosols before posting...

    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  10. #35
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    ^This is why you are widely suspected of huffing aerosols before posting...
    And if I do huff aerosol? We all have a vice.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  11. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    And if I do huff aerosol? We all have a vice.
    To each his own.

    I am simply trying to use Occam's Razor to figure out why a person who hates the idea of individual liberties posts on a forum dedicated to the same, why you seem to be utterly incapable of realizing the contradictions contained in nearly all of your posts, and why you fail to recognize the actions of your beloved government as force, regardless of how obviously and heinously it utilizes compulsion.

    "Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. Government is force; like fire it is a dangerous servant -- and a fearful master.” - George Washington
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 03-16-2012 at 10:37 AM.

    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  12. #37
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Newport, Virginia
    Posts
    10,595


    LOL! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahaha! Haaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!!

    Oh man. That's a real knee-slapper.

    Three phrases for you:

    • Protectionism

    • Asset forfeiture

    • Prohibition
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lies.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	8153  
    Last edited by marshaul; 03-16-2012 at 10:43 AM.

  13. #38
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    To each his own.

    I am simply trying to use Occam's Razor to figure out why a person who hates the idea of individual liberties posts on a forum dedicated to the same, why you seem to be utterly incapable of realizing the contradictions contained in nearly all of your posts, and why you fail to recognize the actions of your beloved government as force, regardless of how obviously and heinously it utilizes compulsion.

    "Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. Government is force; like fire it is a dangerous servant -- and a fearful master.” - George Washington
    I have acknowledged that sufficient Government, relatively, is an absolute force.

    I agree with George Washington.

    It is interesting that you bring up Ockham. Basically, Ockham concedes that human perception is limited, therefore hidden from Truth, so what we get is a version of Truth, meaning; a truth. The quote is extremely Practical.

    Let's look at the quote: "simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones"

    So, we must accept the premise that all 'things' are equal. But Ockham merely asserts that the simpler explanation is 'better' than a complex one. You have two conclusions that are equal but the means to the conclusion are not; one is quite lengthy, and the other is much simpler, it is 'better' to accept the simpler explanation. I agree, that is, if the conclusions are at least observably equal.

    The quote, which was actually not originated from Ockham is problamatic. We must also consider "generally." Ockham has asserted a number of things and is still forced to concede that it is "generally" the case. How is that for definitive?

    You, just as every other person, exists in shades in-between black, and white but never black nor white.

    There are a number of explanations why I post on this forum. I could be huffing aerosol, and am merely lost. I could be here to drive you insane. Or, I could be in support of the Second Amendment but also have an opinion about the politics of America, and reality that does not always mesh well with my support for the Second Amendment. Just a few examples.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 03-16-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  14. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I have acknowledged that sufficient Government, relatively, is an absolute force.
    When it is something that gives you a benefit or service for free, at the expense of others, you seem to prefer to call it a mandate. We have seen this time and time again. Please don't continue your blatant intellectual dishonesty.

    I agree with George Washington.
    Please don't insult his memory. You have more in common with Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin: you seek to use the unfettered power of the Almighty state to take what others have earned and redistribute it to ne'er-do-wells such as yourself.

    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  15. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Or, I could be in support of the Second Amendment but also have an opinion about the politics of America, and reality that does not always mesh well with my support for the Second Amendment.
    You are a confused individual, and until and unless you figure out that the right of armed self-defense comes as a package with other individual rights and liberties that need to be respected by a limited government, you cannot be an ally in this fight.

    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  16. #41
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    When it is something that gives you a benefit or service for free, at the expense of others, you seem to prefer to call it a mandate. We have seen this time and time again. Please don't continue your blatant intellectual dishonesty.

    When Man is no longer alone, meaning, there are other Men, Man has become a collective, Liberty is a matter of degrees. Autonomous Man's Liberty being unfettered is highly subjective.


    Please don't insult his memory. You have more in common with Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin: you seek to use the unfettered power of the Almighty state to take what others have earned and redistribute it to ne'er-do-wells such as yourself.
    I have merely stated that the State has pretty close to unfettered Power; that is the purpose of the State.

    I have done well, I have been in a fulfilling fourteen year relationship with my wife, four wonderful children who do well in school, have clothes on their back, and have a sufficient amount of food to eat each day.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 03-16-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  17. #42
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    You are a confused individual, and until and unless you figure out that the right of armed self-defense comes as a package with other individual rights and liberties that need to be respected by a limited government, you cannot be an ally in this fight.
    I may be confused but let's not get bogged down by distractions.

    You can conclude that I am not an ally.

    Any form and degree of Government takes away from individual Liberty.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  18. #43
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I may be confused but let's not get bogged down by distractions.

    You can conclude that I am not an ally.

    Any form and degree of Government takes away from individual Liberty.
    Even though I think you're clueless on many issues, and jokingly accuse you of having brain damage, I consider you an ally in regards to 2A issues. Though I don't share your views on much else, I appreciate the fact that you not only exersize and support your 2A rights, but that you are willing to argue in favor of them with your fellow obozo zealots.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  19. #44
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    Even though I think you're clueless on many issues, and jokingly accuse you of having brain damage, I consider you an ally in regards to 2A issues. Though I don't share your views on much else, I appreciate the fact that you not only exersize and support your 2A rights, but that you are willing to argue in favor of them with your fellow obozo zealots.
    I argue in favor of it until they kick me out of the room. As the years pass I seem to be less sociable, well, I seem to be kicked out of more and more rooms, Democrat and Republican.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  20. #45
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Newport, Virginia
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Any form and degree of Government takes away from individual Liberty.
    I am so sick of hearing this crap. While it may appear largely truthful in practice, you preach it as though it were axiomatic.

    It is necessarily, inherently true so long as you misdefine "liberty" as "the ability to do whatever one wants any of the time with no limitations".

    In reality, a coherent and internally-consistent definition of "liberty" limits one to acts which do not limit others' ability to do the same.

    Nothing about government requires a reduction of liberty, properly defined.

    You depend on this premise so as to justify further reductions of liberty, so long as they, in your mind, represent a worthwhile tradeoff "for the common good", a tradeoff you've intentionally conflated with the core concept of government -- any government. In addition to being a commission of the "two wrongs make a right" fallacy, the implication here is that, to disagree, I must argue from anarchism, or I must make the argument on utilitarian grounds.

    Well, I refuse to argue on utilitarian grounds unless is darn well suits me -- which is almost never.

    The means are the ends.

  21. #46
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I am so sick of hearing this crap. While it may appear largely truthful in practice, you preach it as though it were axiomatic.

    It is necessarily, inherently true so long as you misdefine "liberty" as "the ability to do whatever one wants any of the time with no limitations".

    In reality, a coherent and internally-consistent definition of "liberty" limits one to acts which do not limit others' ability to do the same.

    Nothing about government requires a reduction of liberty, properly defined.

    You depend on this premise so as to justify further reductions of liberty, so long as they, in your mind, represent a worthwhile tradeoff "for the common good", a tradeoff you've intentionally conflated with the core concept of government -- any government. In addition to being a commission of the "two wrongs make a right" fallacy, the implication here is that, to disagree, I must argue from anarchism, or I must make the argument on utilitarian grounds.

    Well, I refuse to argue on utilitarian grounds unless is darn well suits me -- which is almost never.

    The means are the ends.
    Then properly define Liberty for me, and we can discuss it. I will tell you whether or not I agree.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  22. #47
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Then properly define Liberty for me, and we can discuss it. I will tell you whether or not I agree.
    This oughta be good....
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  23. #48
    Regular Member Stanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    .

    It is necessarily, inherently true so long as you misdefine "liberty" as "the ability to do whatever one wants any of the time with no limitations".

    In reality, a coherent and internally-consistent definition of "liberty" limits one to acts which do not limit others' ability to do the same.
    Not arguing, just a question.

    Isn't that exactly the definition of liberty? Aren't you confusing our social contract to not impede liberty with actual liberty?

    I mean isn't liberty exactly the ability to do whatever we want and isnt it just our social contract to agree to limit our liberty so as to not infringe on others and possibly be infringed on?

    That's always been my take on it. That i am free to do whatever but freely agree to the social contract for our mutual benefit.

    I could be wrong of course...
    Last edited by Stanley; 03-16-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

  24. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Aren't you confusing our social contract to not impede liberty with actual liberty?

    I mean isn't liberty exactly the ability to do whatever we want and isnt it just our social contract an agreement to limit our liberty so as to not infringe on others and possibly be infringed on?
    Can you please show me this mythical document called the "social contract" that you and others claim I am party to?

    I can't recall ever signing such a document, but every time I've heard it invoked, it is followed by an attempt to steal either my liberty or my property.

    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  25. #50
    Regular Member Stanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Can you please show me this mythical document called the "social contract" that you and others claim I am party to?

    I can't recall ever signing such a document, but every time I've heard it invoked, it is followed by an attempt to steal either my liberty or my property.
    By social contract I mean our agreeing to respect each other and whatnot. I can't articulate it but you know what I mean.

    Otherwise there is no contract and then you expecting me to respect your liberty by limiting myself is an infringement on my liberty.

    Maybe someone can articulate it better?

    And I'm not claiming anything. I had a thought and asked a question.

    If there is no social contract then why worry about others' liberty and not just our own?
    Last edited by Stanley; 03-16-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •