• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have seen the light, Republicans ARE EVIL...

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
No person is entitled anything.

I am entitled to the life, liberty, and property I have, as well as the pursuit of happiness. You can say otherwise, but I will ensure that it is so.

I agree that the individual is not necessarily party to a social contract, I will concede that.

If that's the case then all of the signers of the Constitution are the aggressor against all of us.

Read Spooner. He points out that, in addition to having no authority against the currently living, the Constitution makes no claim of having such authority. He actually spends a bit of effort elucidating that point. The only people against whom it has authority are those who agree to its terms, an act which occurs most commonly when an agent of government swears an oath to it.

Last edited:

ManInBlack

I have merely stated that the State has pretty close to unfettered Power; that is the purpose of the State.

Wrong, commie. The purpose of government is to protect individual liberties, which it does through the exercise limited, enumerated powers.

I have done well, I have been in a fulfilling fourteen year relationship with my wife
You are free to live in the fantasy world. I will stay in the real one.

four wonderful children who do well in school, have clothes on their back, and have a sufficient amount of food to eat each day.

A school that is paid for by others. As for clothes and food, you always say that you don't want to be wealthy, just to have your meager existence provided by the hard work of others. Sorry, but I shouldn't have to buy your kids' shoes.

ManInBlack

You never know. I may be a sophisticated bank robber.

If the Government steal from the rich (as you term it), and gives to the poor (may be me, may not be), then the poor individual accepting the money is a criminal? Go on, I am intrigued.

The government doesn't "give" anything to anyone. It has nothing to give. People like you vote to use the government to steal from others and bring you back a portion of the looted goods. Just as someone who hires a hit man is equally guilty of murder, you who use the government to steal from your fellow human beings are equally guilty of theft and aggression. In a perfect world, you would receive your just comeuppance for your crimes.

ManInBlack

No person is entitled anything.

Except, once again, you believe you are entitled to a portion of another's property if he possesses x+1 amount of it. Just take a short break from the drugs and read your own words below to remind yourself of your position...

Beretta92FSLady

Wrong, commie. The purpose of government is to protect individual liberties, which it does through the exercise limited, enumerated powers.

I do own an AK-47; I am part commie. The purpose of Government is many things.

You are free to live in the fantasy world. I will stay in the real one.

She is actually my wife, legally. No fantasy here. It's the real deal, got the little piece of paper and everything.

A school that is paid for by others. As for clothes and food, you always say that you don't want to be wealthy, just to have your meager existence provided by the hard work of others. Sorry, but I shouldn't have to buy your kids' shoes.

Public schools have been around for a very long time. Most people in the OC community that I know, that have children, send them to public school.

But my kids need new shoes, please, please, please...oh well, I will get Uncle Sam to take it from you.

Beretta92FSLady

Yet you desire to have your modest, simple existence paid for by the property of others. This makes you a thief. You should be treated as such.

Nope. I stated that I desire a modest, simple existence. I said nothing about someone else paying for it.

If I am a thief, then treat me as such.

Beretta92FSLady

The government doesn't "give" anything to anyone. It has nothing to give. People like you vote to use the government to steal from others and bring you back a portion of the looted goods. Just as someone who hires a hit man is equally guilty of murder, you who use the government to steal from your fellow human beings are equally guilty of theft and aggression. In a perfect world, you would receive your just comeuppance for your crimes.

Yes, the Government does have something to give, the Government has your money to give to me, and other loafers, remember?

Yes, I have voted.

I hope I get what I deserve. That's why I am voting for Obama again, so that I can have more of your money.

Beretta92FSLady

Except, once again, you believe you are entitled to a portion of another's property if he possesses x+1 amount of it. Just take a short break from the drugs and read your own words below to remind yourself of your position...

I stated that no person is entitled to anything; I am a person, so, I am not entitled to anything. I do believe that the rich ought to have the piss taxed out of them.

Listen, you aren't the only one who has quoted me in your signature, try being original. IMO, Slow has better quotes than you.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

We wouldn't. Knowledge isn't truth, remember? What's your point?
I wonder how many pages have been written by really smart, and some dead, white guys on Truth? Starting with Plato's ideal forms, and Aristotle and extending through Thomas Bayes, Karl Popper and E. T. Jaynes. And now we have truth reduced to solipsism. Imagine, all those years of study as wasted. Tsk tsk tsk. Oh, and don't forget Ayn Rand's gloss of induction.

Beretta92FSLady

I wonder how many pages have been written by really smart, and some dead, white guys on Truth? Starting with Plato's ideal forms, and Aristotle and extending through Thomas Bayes, Karl Popper and E. T. Jaynes. And now we have truth reduced to solipsism. Imagine, all those years of study as wasted. Tsk tsk tsk. Oh, and don't forget Ayn Rand's gloss of induction.

I have never asserted that my own mind even exists. (Actually, I may have somewhere, I am not sure.)

Plato's Idealism is a wonderful exercise in Divine aspiration. Man working to perfection, playing God, creating an existence that is perfect; if all else fails there is always the Second Coming, right?

The philosophers you have offered-up are duly noted to this discussion. Thank you for the contribution.

Philosophy is a selfish pursuit of knowledge for the sake of 'better' Understanding. I doubt Man will ever make much more of a dent in Reality as he has. Welcome to Nihilism.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

You're all wrong, and thus I have made this entire flame baiting thread pointless.

To quote from the holy 'rules of the internet', and the LOLCat bible; "All your well picked, well thought arguments online can be ignored, and trolled."

Beretta92FSLady

You're all wrong, and thus I have made this entire flame baiting thread pointless.

To quote from the holy 'rules of the internet', and the LOLCat bible; "All your well picked, well thought arguments online can be ignored, and trolled."

One word: Nihilism. This is a Nihilistic thread.

ManInBlack

I stated that no person is entitled to anything; I am a person, so, I am not entitled to anything. I do believe that the rich ought to have the piss taxed out of them.

For a proud member of a deviant group which is always b*tching about how it is an oppressed minority, you seem to have no qualms about using government to oppress other minority groups when those groups possess something you want. And yes, you do want what the rich have. You covet it. That is the only reason you want the government to take it - to distribute to you and your parasitic spawn.

The fact that you live in perpetual self-denial over the fact that you covet the property of others only lends more credence to the "mentally ill" hypothesis of explaining your behavior.

Beretta92FSLady

For a proud member of a deviant group which is always b*tching about how it is an oppressed minority, you seem to have no qualms about using government to oppress other minority groups when those groups possess something you want. And yes, you do want what the rich have. You covet it. That is the only reason you want the government to take it - to distribute to you and your parasitic spawn.

The fact that you live in perpetual self-denial over the fact that you covet the property of others only lends more credence to the "mentally ill" hypothesis of explaining your behavior.

I want President Obama to beat down your door, rob you...I mean, relieve you of your money, then drive the money over to me...I don't have a car.

I don't want all of the money that the rich have, just my cut.

I might well be mentally ill.

You sure get worked up over these things, don't you?

We are taking Pray's thread off topic. Let's get back to the discussion about EVIL Republicans.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

Deviant? What is this deviant group? what proof do you have for their deviance and oppressive matter?

I assume your speaking of the LGBT community, since most of your comments are directed in an insulting manner, borderline homophobic, and dripping with flame baiting tactics.

Is it oppressive when we simply wish to enjoy the exact same rights and freedoms as everyone else? What else should we do, other than use the court system to ensure equality, when congress, and each state house will not abide by the protections of equality given to us by our creator(s)?

I think you're the one in the deviant group, a person apart of a grouping of people who seek to oppress minorities simply because you don't like how they act, or think.

Don't like it? Then get the Heck out of my country.