• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi there! New to the forum!

JimmyS1985

I didn't see a place to introduce myself, but I had a small experience this morning that made me want to know more about open carry.

I live in Fenton, MO, although I think the gas station I went to was in Valley Park which is very close.

SOmetimes I forget how freaked out some people get by firearms. Theres this gas station I go to regularly, and once upon leaving the firing range, I had my Beretta M9 in my car. I was friends with the gas station clerk attending at the time so I had him come out to the car so I could show it to him, it was a friendly interaction.

But 3-4 weeks later, today, the manager was finally working when I went up there, and she came out to tell me I can never bring a weapon on the property of her gas station, or she will call the police, she seemed kind of pissed off too at the time. Considering I didn't bring it inside her establishment, outside of kicking me off the property, I don't know what the police would write me up on, certainly not a felony. I didn't pull it out and start waving it around or nothing, I left it in the case and opened it up, just to show it to him. If I were drunk while possessing the firearm I could understand, but I was as sober as a priest on Sunday.

Personally I'd be more freaked out about the criminals with firearms not a customer coming back from a firing range who has his gun in a locking case.

Outside of what is and isn't allowed on the grounds of her establishment, I am curious as to which law or local ordinance I broke upon going to that gas station with a firearm in my car, and if she did call the police, what the penalty would be.

Please excuse me for being naive about local ordinances, I am familiar with state ordinances, but didn't think about local. I came here to learn so I don't find myself in trouble over my firearm.

Last edited:

09jisaac

Welcome to the forum.

This is not the (right) place to be asking for this kind of advice. I would suggest you telling the good boys and gals over at the MO forum about you troubles. They know way more about MO law than I.

I would hope that you didn't break any laws in doing what you did, but I do not know.

Edit: Also, this isn't exactly the wrong place for this. You'll have better luck at the MO forum.

Last edited:

Gil223

Welcome to the forum! I understand that MO is an OC state, so you should have broken no law with your pistol in a locked case... unless LE would consider that to be "concealed". Personally, I'd let the owner of that station politely know that I would no longer be on her property for any reason, and then change gas stations. Money talks! Pax... :cool: