• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Giving blood while armed

HankT

State Researcher
Hey Herr Doug

South Carolina's Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act of 1993 originally and may still prohibit legal gun carry in "medical facilities."

The state grassroots gun rights group made considerable effort to get a clarification of medical facility as including a blood services unit or not (physician not present) or Dr. Wu's Holystic and Homeopathic Medicine Parlor. I believe that the issue is still unresolved in South Carolina.

Herr Doug, isn't it actually South Carolina's Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act of 1996?

Maybe you mean almost every other State. I surrendered my South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit when I moved to Wisconsin. I was 'used to it', having carried under it for about ten years.

Here is a link to South Carolina's Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act of 1996 , Title 23, Chapter 31, Section 205
http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t23c031.htm

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Law+Abiding+Citizens+Self-Defense+Act+of+1996

Last edited:

oneeyeross

Have to chime in here from the other side....I have drawn units on people before, and I have to say that I've seen enough people take a nose dive after donating that having armed proned out on the floor out for a 10 count patients (at that point, not donors) would perhaps cause issues. It would cause problems if I had to call an ambulance.

And for the Red Cross, I can also understand their attitude about firearms. Think about when/how the Red Cross was formed and it makes sense (Battle of Solferino, 1859 was the why).

Oddly enough, it was the Ranger types from 2/75 that would have the most issues with needles, not the clerk or mechanic from the support units...

Last edited: