• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FYI Don't Buy Tannerite in Bulk if You Don't Want the ATF Knocking on Your Door

aosailor

When the Zombie Apocalypse comes, how are we going to get them to stand still and get strapped up with Tannerite?

Good question.... we might have to bait them to a specific spot, kinda like a deer feeder for deer, and have the targets already set up ready to be shot....

I'll start developing some plans.

KBCraig

Good question.... we might have to bait them to a specific spot, kinda like a deer feeder for deer, and have the targets already set up ready to be shot....

I'll start developing some plans.

Perhaps a wine bar, with a discount for university professor brainiac-types? They claim to have bigger brains than the rest of us, so they might be good bait.

since9

Campaign Veteran
"Tannerite is not regulated at the Federal level, or any state level for that matter.":Agent Jim Mathews, Des Moines field office. The only rules that apply is that, if used by citizens, it is to be used for sporting purposes only.

In the United States, ATF regulations allow the two components to be legally purchased, since neither one is an explosive by itself. However, the mixture is an explosive once mixed, and cannot be transported without following strict regulations including insurance, packaging, and signage on the vehicle. Various regulations also govern the storage of mixed Tannerite.

I have been buying Tannerite, in 50lb amounts, for a year. Not a single person has questioned its legality. I have even blown them up with some members of the local sheriffs department! (Off duty, of course.)

Most state laws regulate the possession and use of incediary devices, which Tannerite is not.

You're right: Tannerite is not an incendiary device. It's not a "device" at all. Once mixed, however, it's an explosive. This is different than my bottle of Pyrodex, which is not an explosive. Rather, it's an explosive material which can be made into an explosive by enclosing it in a strong container, such as the firing chamber of my black powder revolver.

Freedom1Man

50lbs bulk.... it ended up costing like $3 per/lb. It was really easy to buy too, too easy. no questions of my age, criminal record, any personal info whatsoever!

Where did you find it for that price? I found it for 4.25per lb plus shipping.

I have wanted to make those targets but did not want to fork out the high cost of buying it off the shelf.

Even at 6 per pound after shipping the AL is about 14-20 per lb and about 1lb Al should be enough to mix a good number of lbs of targets. It might be fun.

so for 50 lbs 300 dollars and then 30-40 for the Al to mix it all up. The cost per lb would be approx 7dollars for exploding targets. Not cheap but not too bad.

Last edited:

gobbly

I think the thing that has freaked me out the most about all this is the fact the ATF knows where I live. My registered official address is different than the house I'm living at. I use several different addresses for mailing and billing. the only proof of residency for the house I physically reside in is the paper lease I signed. I have a copy and my landlord does, thats it. The ATF didnt go to the other address, they came straight to my doorstep and I have no idea how they knew

yeah, and since you immediately posted it up on a well known firearms advocates site, they likely have logs of your posts going back to god-knows-when :) hehe

For all you know the place you bought it called them and told then that someone at your address was ordering a lot of bomb making materials...

Shannongto

I would be too!

I think the thing that has freaked me out the most about all this is the fact the ATF knows where I live. My registered official address is different than the house I'm living at. I use several different addresses for mailing and billing. the only proof of residency for the house I physically reside in is the paper lease I signed. I have a copy and my landlord does, thats it. The ATF didnt go to the other address, they came straight to my doorstep and I have no idea how they knew

I was told by a cop friend under the Patriot Act they can come get you and detain until your kids are Grandparents...He said here in MS for me to blow these up I have to take a FREAKING EOD course and then legally I can play...Me being an Ex um military that want be hard to do but what BS!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I was told by a cop friend under the Patriot Act they can come get you and detain until your kids are Grandparents...He said here in MS for me to blow these up I have to take a FREAKING EOD course and then legally I can play...Me being an Ex um military that want be hard to do but what BS!

The 2012 NDAA. Not only can they detain you with no probable cause or due process, but if the President says you are a terrorist, they can kill you. Look it up!

davidmcbeth

Banned
ATF at your door? First, ask them this question:

are you here to arrest me?

if no, then:

Slam the door in their face (assuming you opened the door - a mistake, just yell through the door), and tell them to get off your land

if yes, then shut UP

skeith5

Didn't you have it sent to the house the ATF showed up at? The seller probably gave the address to the ATF when they reported the sale...

Scott

Last edited: