• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will this pistol be legal to OC or CC???

H

Herr Heckler Koch

In South Carolina any thing over twelve inches long is not concealable. SC Section 23-31-210(6)

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
I'm sorry but this pistol looks like the answer to a question that nobody asked. I just can't think of anything good to write about it. Hard to conceal and heavy to open carry all day. On the other hand, this model by the same company looks very interesting with its low barrel centerline and novel breech locking system.

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
In WI it has to be a handgun, i.e., a gun designed to be fired using only one hand. With that monstrosity, it's not a legal issue, but a practical one.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Actually, is it legal to possess? It fires more than one round with one pull of the trigger, doesn't it? Or does this meet some exemption?

I see where it says you can have independent triggers but there is only one option for a single hammer spur, so it seems to me that it has no choice but to fire both barrels at the same time. A double-barrel shotgun with two triggers can always be fired one at a time. I'm still reading everything about it, but haven't seen that mentioned yet...

I can't see it, but I seem to remember they were made in Europe. Have they actually imported any? Is it really being offered for sale in this country, or just advertised as another example of their really cool engineering?

This company's reputation is for completely impractical and uber cool collection-only pieces. I don't think this is an exception to that; sorry guys.

Last edited:

dangerousman

Actually, is it legal to possess? It fires more than one round with one pull of the trigger, doesn't it? Or does this meet some exemption?

I see where it says you can have independent triggers but there is only one option for a single hammer spur, so it seems to me that it has no choice but to fire both barrels at the same time. A double-barrel shotgun with two triggers can always be fired one at a time. I'm still reading everything about it, but haven't seen that mentioned yet...

I can't see it, but I seem to remember they were made in Europe. Have they actually imported any? Is it really being offered for sale in this country, or just advertised as another example of their really cool engineering?

This company's reputation is for completely impractical and uber cool collection-only pieces. I don't think this is an exception to that; sorry guys.

I agree it's a gimmick. Imagine trying to clear a malfunction on this monstrosity.

oliverclotheshoff

here is a video of it in action i believe i read on the site i was made in italy

http://now.msn.com/now/0312-double-barreled-handgun.aspx#scptmd

Last edited:

ccwinstructor

Centurion
That is what gym bags are for!

COULD you even conceal that?

You can conceal almost any weapon with a little imagination. I thought about mounting a ma duce .50 cal in the back of my pickup truck and puting a canvas cover over it. Then, I reconsidered and thought that it would be better just to put magnetic signs on both sides of the truck notifiying one and all that in Arizona, Open Carry is legal!

As with many thought experiments, I decided to use my limited resources for more practical applications.

RR_Broccoli

The KelTec = LOL!

:question: Kel Tec makes good firearms, most of which are suitable for SD out of the box. Name another company that's doing innovative new firearms without hyping themselves out of business.

Anyway, firing two bullets with one trigger pull is going to make that pistol an NFA item of some type. AOW or Class 3.

TyGuy

There was a link to a picture of a P333AT, i.e. 3 P3ATs fixed together to fire 3 rounds simultaneously. I'm sure it's a photoshop job, but it made me laugh. Look for the photo bucket link above.