Thread: Michigan Open Carry, Inc - Public Summer picnic in Ingham County

Michigan Open Carry, Inc - Public Summer picnic in Ingham County

Please join Michigan Open Carry, Inc. at one of our summer picnics (public welcome!). It is anticipated the the entire board of directors and many in the leadership will be in attendance. There will be hot dogs, a play ground (bring your kids!), a swimming area, fishing, and a horse shoe pit.

Please consider joining us for a fun day in the sun (hopefully!).

Open carry is welcome and encouraged (but not required).

Details:
    Where: Burchfield (Ingham) County Park
    881 Grovenburg Road
    Holt, MI
    When: Sunday July 15, 2012 @ 1:30 PM (eating starts around 2:00 PM)

Bring your own Soft Drinks -- no alcohol will be tolerated.

Please RSVP in this thread or on Facebook so we know how much supplies and food to get.
    Last edited by TheQ; 03-16-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Dont you mean Grand River Park! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Dont you mean Grand River Park! lol
    Nope. That park is across the river. I meant Burchfield -- like I said.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Nope. That park is across the river. I meant Burchfield -- like I said.
    Did they move GRP? I thought they just nixed the name and changed it to William h. Burchfield.

Shrugs. I don't know.

this is the one where we had the 9/11 fundraiser for the Fouty Foundation at in 2010, correct?
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

bump

Don't forget, this is this weekend!

I'll be there.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Gonna try and make it, had forgotten about the Fowler Conservation Club's chicken shoot that starts at 11am. If I do bad you should see me, but if I do good I may have enough chicken for another OC picnic. Either way hope everybody has a great Sunday!
    Last edited by WilDChilD; 07-13-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: looks

Tomorrow!

Thanks for coming! We had about 20-30 people