• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St Patrick's Day Parade Colorado Springs

Aj Weaver

I will be carrying openly at the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Colorado Springs this weekend. I would love to see some others out there... There are times I feel alone in the action of carrying openly here in the Springs.. So if anyone else is going to be there let me know maybe we can meet up!!

RFrampton

Myself, my wife and my daughter will be there. I will be carrying. I was gonna post and ask if anyone thought that it would make me a target for the peace-niks. This way we can both be branded as murderous gun nuts. LOL

Aj Weaver

I hope to be near Acadia Park..... I'm be the Nut wearing a green shirt..... lol shouldn't be hard to find me.... only guy with a XD on his hip....

M-Taliesin

I hope to be near Acadia Park..... I'm be the Nut wearing a green shirt..... lol shouldn't be hard to find me.... only guy with a XD on his hip....

Howdy!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure green shirts will be a rarity tomorrow!
BTW, you probably know of the town of Quinlan. My partner hails from there.
He's a chef up here in the Denver area.
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

Aj Weaver

Yeah I know about the shirt... it was a joke.... Anyway... I will be wearing a black Under Armour hat.... will be some where near Acadia Park (if I get there soon enough I will be in Acadia park)

M-Taliesin

Yeah I know about the shirt... it was a joke.... Anyway... I will be wearing a black Under Armour hat.... will be some where near Acadia Park (if I get there soon enough I will be in Acadia park)

Howdy!
I might show up down there, with wife in tow... might... possibly.
Not likely to want to park near Kansas and walk in to get there though...

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

jhco50

Don't feel alone. We are out here. I carry all of the time, everywhere I go. I won't be at the parade as I have a hoarder's house to continue cleaning (I bought it for $10K), but I will be carrying and thinking of you guys.:D

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
As it turned out, we never did make it to the park or parade on Saturday.
Since we have a rental car, and both my wife and I enjoy an occassional smoke, we stopped several times on our way to the Springs to do just that. By the time we actually arrived in the Springs, it was close to parade time and I didn't figure we could land a parking spot anywhere south of Cheyenne! We visited an herbal shop she loves down that-a-way, then I hauled her around town to do a little metal detecting. Only hit one spot, and only got a cheesy little ring that looked like gold but turned out to be an AVON cheapie.

Went back up to our neck of the woods and after a dinner that couldn't be beat, I headed out with my metal detector for an evening hunt and scored a really nice 14k gold ring festooned with nice stones. Probably zirconium, but still looks great and besides... gold is gold! I ain't got any intention of putting it back where I found it!

Maybe we should plan on a meet-up in the reasonable near future.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin