Thread: News Flash - Richmond OC Breakfast, Sat., 3/17

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

News Flash - Richmond OC Breakfast, Sat., 3/17

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast - Sat 3/17 9:30 AM

River City Diner
    803 East Parham Road.........Directions
    Richmond, VA 23227-1107
    (804) 266-1500

Court will be in session - Judge Courtney presiding.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I guess there might be a run on corned beef (hash) tomorrow. Come early or take your chances.

Now, where did I put that orange shirt?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

Now, where did I put that orange shirt?

stay safe.
    My dad's parents met in Belfast during the troubles in the 20s and 30s. My grandfather was Catholic, from Liverpool but from an Irish family. My grandmother was Northern Irish Protestant. The religious differences never bothered them, she was still crazy in love with him when she died almost 9 years ago (which was 22 years after he passed), but my grandfather had many evenings after work once they'd got married and settled in Belfast when the local Orange Lodge wouldn't allow him to enter the street he lived on purely because of his religion. I never heard of them harming him, they apparently just used to tell him to find somewhere else to sleep that night. My understanding is that's why the family moved to Liverpool in the 30s before my dad was born.
    Me and my young'un will probably see you on the 'morrow.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I missed everyone but had to tidy up the back yard

We've had small storms so I've been offline mostly. Got another one coming in a few hours.

Back yard:

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Peter - Bring a note with you next time if you hope to have this absence excused.

Had a fantastic conversation with a gentleman from New York - yes there are a few.

He stopped me as I was leaving the restroom and said, "We don't see much of that in New York" while gesturing directly at my 1911. I thought "Oh Boy" here we go.....

He continued by telling me that nobody in their right mind would try to rob this restaurant with 3 visible armed people near the front door and/or outside - told him there were 7 of us which made him smile really big. He went on to inform me that he felt much better about his family's safety with people like us around. He shook my hand and I made sure he had one of every card and pamphlet that I carry.

Was a great St. Patrick's Day breakfast at RCD.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Peter - Bring a note with you next time if you hope to have this absence excused.

Had a fantastic conversation with a gentleman from New York - yes there are a few.

He stopped me as I was leaving the restroom and said, "We don't see much of that in New York" while gesturing directly at my 1911. I thought "Oh Boy" here we go.....

He continued by telling me that nobody in their right mind would try to rob this restaurant with 3 visible armed people near the front door and/or outside - told him there were 7 of us which made him smile really big. He went on to inform me that he felt much better about his family's safety with people like us around. He shook my hand and I made sure he had one of every card and pamphlet that I carry.

Was a great St. Patrick's Day breakfast at RCD.
    Sounds like a good day all around!

I got to talk to Mr. Wood Duck for a while. He was relieved I wasn't allowed to shoot wildfowl with my 44.
    Last edited by peter nap; 03-17-2012 at 11:03 PM.